• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is a Suggestion for Advancing our Cause!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
It is my intention today to do more to advance the cause of OC in Colorado.
I believe that one of the best responses we can have after the Aurora Theater Shooting is to do something proactive to advance O.C.

This is merely a suggestion, but one I hope folks all over America agree is a terrific idea.
And I hope this ain't 'out of bounds', either.

How about we all make a cash donation to OCDO?

Think about it. One of the greatest vehicles we have is the OCDO.
They provide us a place to communicate with our fellow OC'ers all over the nation.
We have an ability to discuss laws, pending legislation that may affect our RKBA, 2a rights,
best handguns to carry, holsters to use, and how we interact within our communities.

They ask little in return, aside from a few rules of order by which we communiate.

OCDO is the most powerful voice for open carry we have.
Why not support it with more than mere words? Why not help ourselves by supporting OCDO with cash.

As I said, just a suggestion. But I believe it is a terrific suggestion, and a wonderful way to express our gratitude.

Anybody with me? You don't need to mortgage your house or sell your guns to do this. I believe anything you can send in would help.

Once I learn how my fellow Coloradoans feel about this suggestion, I may repost it on a national board.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LoneEchoWolf

Howdy Folks!
I believe that one of the best responses we can have after the Aurora Theater Shooting is to do something proactive to advance O.C.

This is merely a suggestion, but one I hope folks all over America agree is a terrific idea.

They provide us a place to communicate with our fellow OC'ers all over the nation.
We have an ability to discuss laws, pending legislation that may affect our RKBA, 2a rights,
best handguns to carry, holsters to use, and how we interact within our communities.

They ask little in return, aside from a few rules of order by which we communiate.

Why not support it with more than mere words? Why not help ourselves by supporting OCDO with cash.

As I said, just a suggestion. But I believe it is a terrific suggestion, and a wonderful way to express our gratitude.

Anybody with me? You don't need to mortgage your house or sell your guns to do this. I believe anything you can send in would help.

Once I learn how my fellow Coloradoans feel about this suggestion, I may repost it on a national board.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

sounds like good reasoning to me and a good idea. ill haveto look into it ive donated all i could as of late though so running a bit on empty with disposible income at the moment, but a great idea for sure

Bellum_Intus

Howdy Folks!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

I'd be willing, don't have a ton, but i'd donate.. and if we do something public.. perhaps some t-shirts?

--Rob

wmodavis

I'm in Mel. I do not see an easy or on-line way to do that. How do you suggest we do it?
And do you know if it can be done using CC (credit card) as opposed to OC (only cash).

M-Taliesin

I'm in Mel. I do not see an easy or on-line way to do that. How do you suggest we do it?
And do you know if it can be done using CC (credit card) as opposed to OC (only cash).

Howdy Amigo!
I will look into it. I don't have the answer just now, but I'll make it my task to find out.
Odd, ain't it? I figured that would be an easily accomplished sort of deal.

I'll get back with info.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Also, you can support the forum without spending one extra penny by just remembering to click through one of our Amazon Banner (or use this link) when buying stuff from Amazon.

We get a commission and you get the stuff you were already going to buy. :)

Thanks again for all the support and hard work that everyone puts into the cause! I am humbled to know such great people.

John

M-Taliesin

Also, you can support the forum without spending one extra penny by just remembering to click through one of our Amazon Banner (or use this link) when buying stuff from Amazon.

Thanks again for all the support and hard work that everyone puts into the cause! I am humbled to know such great people.
John

Howdy John!
When I see a post I started with a response that has, in big letters, ADMINISTRATOR as the responding party, I always get that sort of cop in the rear view mirror feeling.
"Oh my stars, what did I do wrong?" sort of thingy.

Thanks for your response. I tried to find how to make a donation, but could not find it anywhere and didn't want to appear totally dwebbish for know being able to figure it out.

I also have a question about how one goes about becoming something other than a "regular" member of the forum.
I've tried very hard to make a positive contribution to OC in Colorado, and hope I've helped the cause grow some here.
There was also a whole thing about regional or state admins that I asked about but haven't seen an answer.
I know some folks stepped up to volunteer. Who is our state admin or coordinator, or whatever its being called?
If nobody has taken up that role, I'd throw my very expensive hat into the ring! LOLL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Shadetreezj

Campaign Veteran

John

Good to know. I buy so much crap through Amazon that the UPS driver and I are now good friends. Really.

I just adjusted my Amazon shortcut to your URL link.

LoneEchoWolf

Howdy John!
When I see a post I started with a response that has, in big letters, ADMINISTRATOR as the responding party, I always get that sort of cop in the rear view mirror feeling.

Thanks for your response. I tried to find how to make a donation, but could not find it anywhere and didn't want to appear totally dwebbish for know being able to figure it out.

I also have a question about how one goes about becoming something other than a "regular" member of the forum.
I've tried very hard to make a positive contribution to OC in Colorado, and hope I've helped the cause grow some here.
There was also a whole thing about regional or state admins that I asked about but haven't seen an answer.
I know some folks stepped up to volunteer. Who is our state admin or coordinator, or whatever its being called?
If nobody has taken up that role, I'd throw my very expensive hat into the ring! LOLL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Hey there M,

I believe that the stars come from donations and extraordinary work on behalf of gun rights, heres a brief thread link to the membership inquiries page http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?103545-Membership-inquiry I know many things you have done including getting the correct laws and word out to press and media especially as of late, and being the first to jump in and volunteer to take a new OC'er out for there first time and show them the ropes so to speak i can count at least a dozen of them just off of memory! In my opinion you would be a great candidate for a extra star! As for state researcher and the other positions I'm not sure how one gets to that position but it would be a awesome position to be able to help the Colorado and OCDO community!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Thank you so much! If everyone did that, we would never be in the red for a radio campaign again (or have to ask for donations). :)

You guys are great!

John

Good to know. I buy so much crap through Amazon that the UPS driver and I are now good friends. Really.

I just adjusted my Amazon shortcut to your URL link.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the offer. I may just take you up on that as I come back down to Earth from the 4 year law school adventure and get to work on some much needed improvements. :)

The original State Coordinators were charged with helping us gather information about the laws of each state. Some are still around and some have moved on. I need to get the reworked main site put together and then solicit a new team of state coordinators to help update the states. Those state coordinators who are still around will, of course, be invited but there is nothing saying there has to be just one for each state.

More details to follow as I get caught up .... I will put you on the volunteer list. :)

John

Howdy John!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LoneEchoWolf

Thanks for the offer. I may just take you up on that as I come back down to Earth from the 4 year law school adventure and get to work on some much needed improvements. :)

The original State Coordinators were charged with helping us gather information about the laws of each state. Some are still around and some have moved on. I need to get the reworked main site put together and then solicit a new team of state coordinators to help update the states. Those state coordinators who are still around will, of course, be invited but there is nothing saying there has to be just one for each state.

More details to follow as I get caught up .... I will put you on the volunteer list. :)

John

First i haven't got the chance to congratulate you on finishing up your schooling, thats awesome! Secondly looking forward to your new updates as you get the time to work on them, if you need any help I'm always willing to help out too. M is a good guy and a person i could see helping our Forum and OCDO in general but most of the guys on the Colorado sub forum are all just as awesome too just throwing that out there! Grats again on your hard work! And let us know if theres anything you need done! One question or more request i have is under the Colorado description page http://opencarry.org/co.html it says, Open Car Carry: You may open carry in a vehicle. It must be clearly visible. In Colorado under our laws your vehicle is a extension of your home or private property, and so you can Open carry or concealed carry without a permit inside your vehicle, could you maybe just erase the It must be clearly visible part from it, i am just afraid it may be misleading to some newer members. if thats asking too much no worries i know your a busy busy guy! Thanks again for your time!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your kind words! Now I have to wait until October to see if I passed. :(

Virginia is a hard bar exam but I feel cautiously optimistic. Since Mike passed on his first attempt, if I do not, then you know I will NEVER hear the end of it. Lol.

I made the change you requested to the Colorado page.

John

First i haven't got the chance to congratulate you on finishing up your schooling, thats awesome! Secondly looking forward to your new updates as you get the time to work on them, if you need any help I'm always willing to help out too. M is a good guy and a person i could see helping our Forum and OCDO in general but most of the guys on the Colorado sub forum are all just as awesome too just throwing that out there! Grats again on your hard work! And let us know if theres anything you need done! One question or more request i have is under the Colorado description page http://opencarry.org/co.html it says, Open Car Carry: You may open carry in a vehicle. It must be clearly visible. In Colorado under our laws your vehicle is a extension of your home or private property, and so you can Open carry or concealed carry without a permit inside your vehicle, could you maybe just erase the It must be clearly visible part from it, i am just afraid it may be misleading to some newer members. if thats asking too much no worries i know your a busy busy guy! Thanks again for your time!

LoneEchoWolf

Thanks for your kind words! Now I have to wait until October to see if I passed. :(

Virginia is a hard bar exam but I feel cautiously optimistic. Since Mike passed on his first attempt, if I do not, then you know I will NEVER hear the end of it. Lol.

I made the change you requested to the Colorado page.

John

Got my fingers crossed for you in October! I've heard Virginia has a pretty hard exam, As hard as you have been working id be suprised if you didnt pass! Pullin for ya though! Also thank you for makeing the change to the page hopefully that will help with a bit of the confusion! Awesome job as always sir!