Thread: Utah Concealed Weapons Permit for use in Sheridan, WY

Utah Concealed Weapons Permit for use in Sheridan, WY

Moved here to Sheridan, Wy, from Washington State, will be here for a while, but, not sure if I will decide to be a permanent resident. I have a WA State cwp but not honored by Wyoming. I do have the Utah State Concealed Weapons permit which is honored by Wyoming. If for now, I just stay to visit for a few months deciding if i will stay, can i still legally carry concealed with the Utah permit, although i still will have my WA State ID such as my drivers license, and WA St. cwp., etc.

I know Utah permit is honored in Wyoming, but, if I am not a resident, is it still legal to carry concealed in Wy with the Utah permit. Please, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much

St. Louis
    I as well have a NON-Resident Utah CCW. As i understand the rules. If you move you must notify Utah BCI within 30 days of any address change! Its pretty easy I moved a few years ago I called over the phone and they changed my address in their records & thus kept my Utah CCW license valid. You should be able to call or submit a change of address form also available on Utah BCI website.
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

You do not have to be a UT resident for WY to recognize your UT permit. You are good to go. Of the states that recognize the UT permit, only four require the UT residency: FL, CO, NH, and MI.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip