Thread: off topic and very sad, I was wearing my CZ when I heard

off topic and very sad, I was wearing my CZ when I heard

A sad day for Washington. Ichiro is gone. They bloody traded him for two pitchers (where is larry bernandez when you need him). I don't even watch baseball and I will miss him. He was The Mariners
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

He is a great, one of the greats of all time. However, he is hitting .260 and as a lead off hitter only has an OBP of .288. Pathetic, his best days are well behind him. He is not the future right fielder of the Ms.

Deros and I will be attending the game tonight, CC.
    Live Free or Die!

Funny how the worship of sports and sports celebrities will make people break rules that they previously agreed to - all while attempting to mask the rule breaking with a craven attempt to invoke a technicality, even after admitting the rule breaking. I call it: aggressive-passive-aggressive.

If you are speaking to me dean...

RCW 9.41.300

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060;
    Live Free or Die!

I think he meant this was a 'non-gun' conversation.

so it's ok to post off topic as long as you're OCing when you do it?
    US Constitution - void where prohibited by law.

That's been the standard operating procedure around here for a long time.

{As long as I say I was OC'ing at the time, it doesn't matter what I post...}
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Funny how the worship of sports and sports celebrities will make people break rules that they previously agreed to - all while attempting to mask the rule breaking with a craven attempt to invoke a technicality, even after admitting the rule breaking. I call it: aggressive-passive-aggressive.
    I have to side with dean on this. If you want to waste your hard-earned money worshiping a bunch of underworked, overpaid, neo-nobility thugs & prima donas go ahead, but at leas take the discussion to any of the bajillion forums dedicated to doing just that. Sheesh.

<facepalm>
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Banned
    being Japanese I do sort of have a heavy heart on this... I really wasnt surprised to hear this being the deadline coming up for trades in about a week. Face it though, the guy is at the end of career, For once in my life of my heritage I can say we got a japanese-born player to most likely go into the American Baseball HOF.

It's an even sadder day for me with the news that J. P. Patches has died. The City Dump will never be the same. RIP, J.P..

PS - - I am OC'ing as I type this so even if this is a thread jack it's OK. :-)
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

12 years on the Mariners, and he can't speak English? Really? I have 100X more respect for our newest OC member from Japan. I have an issue with all pro sports members getting millions for playing games. I refuse to wear a jersey that has a name that is not mine. Teachers, and Soldiers should get more. Before anybody calls me racist, my wife was Mexican who came to the states legally. And she felt the same way. Rant complete.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    12 years on the Mariners, and he can't speak English? Really? I have 100X more respect for our newest OC member from Japan. I have an issue with all pro sports members getting millions for playing games. I refuse to wear a jersey that has a name that is not mine. Teachers, and Soldiers should get more. Before anybody calls me racist, my wife was Mexican who came to the states legally. And she felt the same way. Rant complete.
    He speaks English, he learned in school. He doesn't feel comfortable talking at a press conference. You can see him talk to the other ball players all the time.

As for him being traded, I think it was an attempt by the team to treat him with a measure of respect and get him to a team that is going to the play offs and maybe the world series. Would be nice to have him get a ring. Also, they got two "prospects" for him, which they wouldn't have next year...

At least we had a chance to watch him play for 11 years and enjoy seeing the quality of Japanese baseball.

well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    He is a great, one of the greats of all time. However, he is hitting .260 and as a lead off hitter only has an OBP of .288. Pathetic, his best days are well behind him. He is not the future right fielder of the Ms.

Deros and I will be attending the game tonight, CC.
    I watched the game on TV,,, I didnt OC, my gun was on the love seat 2 feet away..
    Seattle and old no.51, now no.31 were a class act tonight, standing ovation and bows,, very cool, much respect all around.

I think I caught a brief glimps of you, in the beer garden, just after the start of the game.
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 07-24-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Why my name tag is ac'mariner'99 -- The man is a class act all around, as have been many other Mariner stars. He was very respectful of our team's needs and I hope he gets the chance to win. He worked hard for our team and our fans. I wish him the best. I just don't understand why he had to go to NEW YORK of all places -- the worst place for carry of any kind

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    DeanF was being passive aggressive while accusing others of being passive aggressive, that's what I got out of this.

John's a big man Dean if you want to tell him you think his post was off topic and maybe belongs in the social lounge just tell him.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Jim at the game. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343181440.446753.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	8933

And ichiro

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343181476.210746.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	8934

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Jim at the game. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343181440.446753.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	8933

And ichiro

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343181476.210746.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	8934
    Nice...I will say I will miss Ichiro too, he did a lot for Seattle Baseball.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)