• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

off topic and very sad, I was wearing my CZ when I heard

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
A sad day for Washington. Ichiro is gone. They bloody traded him for two pitchers (where is larry bernandez when you need him). I don't even watch baseball and I will miss him. He was The Mariners

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
He is a great, one of the greats of all time. However, he is hitting .260 and as a lead off hitter only has an OBP of .288. Pathetic, his best days are well behind him. He is not the future right fielder of the Ms.

Deros and I will be attending the game tonight, CC.

deanf

Funny how the worship of sports and sports celebrities will make people break rules that they previously agreed to - all while attempting to mask the rule breaking with a craven attempt to invoke a technicality, even after admitting the rule breaking. I call it: aggressive-passive-aggressive.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
If you are speaking to me dean...

RCW 9.41.300

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060;

SpyderTattoo

That's been the standard operating procedure around here for a long time.

{As long as I say I was OC'ing at the time, it doesn't matter what I post...}

Metalhead47

Funny how the worship of sports and sports celebrities will make people break rules that they previously agreed to - all while attempting to mask the rule breaking with a craven attempt to invoke a technicality, even after admitting the rule breaking. I call it: aggressive-passive-aggressive.

I have to side with dean on this. If you want to waste your hard-earned money worshiping a bunch of underworked, overpaid, neo-nobility thugs & prima donas go ahead, but at leas take the discussion to any of the bajillion forums dedicated to doing just that. Sheesh.

<facepalm>

being Japanese I do sort of have a heavy heart on this... I really wasnt surprised to hear this being the deadline coming up for trades in about a week. Face it though, the guy is at the end of career, For once in my life of my heritage I can say we got a japanese-born player to most likely go into the American Baseball HOF.

Lammo

It's an even sadder day for me with the news that J. P. Patches has died. The City Dump will never be the same. RIP, J.P..

PS - - I am OC'ing as I type this so even if this is a thread jack it's OK. :)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
12 years on the Mariners, and he can't speak English? Really? I have 100X more respect for our newest OC member from Japan. I have an issue with all pro sports members getting millions for playing games. I refuse to wear a jersey that has a name that is not mine. Teachers, and Soldiers should get more. Before anybody calls me racist, my wife was Mexican who came to the states legally. And she felt the same way. Rant complete.

oneeyeross

12 years on the Mariners, and he can't speak English? Really? I have 100X more respect for our newest OC member from Japan. I have an issue with all pro sports members getting millions for playing games. I refuse to wear a jersey that has a name that is not mine. Teachers, and Soldiers should get more. Before anybody calls me racist, my wife was Mexican who came to the states legally. And she felt the same way. Rant complete.

He speaks English, he learned in school. He doesn't feel comfortable talking at a press conference. You can see him talk to the other ball players all the time.

As for him being traded, I think it was an attempt by the team to treat him with a measure of respect and get him to a team that is going to the play offs and maybe the world series. Would be nice to have him get a ring. Also, they got two "prospects" for him, which they wouldn't have next year...

At least we had a chance to watch him play for 11 years and enjoy seeing the quality of Japanese baseball.

1245A Defender

well,,,

He is a great, one of the greats of all time. However, he is hitting .260 and as a lead off hitter only has an OBP of .288. Pathetic, his best days are well behind him. He is not the future right fielder of the Ms.

Deros and I will be attending the game tonight, CC.

I watched the game on TV,,, I didnt OC, my gun was on the love seat 2 feet away..
Seattle and old no.51, now no.31 were a class act tonight, standing ovation and bows,, very cool, much respect all around.

I think I caught a brief glimps of you, in the beer garden, just after the start of the game.

Last edited:

acmariner99

Why my name tag is ac'mariner'99 -- The man is a class act all around, as have been many other Mariner stars. He was very respectful of our team's needs and I hope he gets the chance to win. He worked hard for our team and our fans. I wish him the best. I just don't understand why he had to go to NEW YORK of all places -- the worst place for carry of any kind :(

sudden valley gunner

DeanF was being passive aggressive while accusing others of being passive aggressive, that's what I got out of this.

John's a big man Dean if you want to tell him you think his post was off topic and maybe belongs in the social lounge just tell him.