• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

will they change there mind now .... Emagine Entertainment

Noel Avenelle

i just emailed him this update

DEAR CHRIS BRANDT I WOULD JUST LIKE TO UPDATE YOU AND YOUR TEAM ON A STORY I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...gan-holmes-appears-in-colorado-courtroom?lite

THEY WARE A SO CALLED PISTOL FREE ZONE AS WELL, CRIMINALS DONT CARE IF YOUR A PISTOL FREE ZONE.

WHY PUT YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS AT RISK. WITHIN ONE AND A HALF MINS TWELVE PEOPLE WERE KILLED AND MANY MORE WERE HURT

PLEASE DONT SUPPORT PISTOL FREE ZONES.

rvd4now

Did you really respond exactly like this? Your grammar and spelling is atrocious.

If I received a serious email written like this, I wouldn't bother reading it.

Noel Avenelle

Sure, cuz only the people who could keep up with you in English class are good enough to hang wit you.

Your sarcasm is monumental, however, in the real world we appreciate people who are able to communicate properly.

When conveying to a business you feel their practice is bad, then you want to seem like an adult, not a 13-year-old. Proper spelling and grammar will help that.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
In the real world, there are real people, with diverse strengths and weaknesses. If you expect to get along in it, you should accept that.

It bothers me too, but I tolerate it well, knowing I have many faults. I will take a persons words seriously if the thoughts behind them are seriously made.

That said, I have read posts here with such poor grammar, that I didn't know what the person was talking about, and that annoys me, but it's mostly because I really wanted to understand what the person was trying to say.

griffin

I have to agree with Noel. When engaged in formal communication, it must be proper English. Besides, why would anyone want to play into the liberal "uneducated hillbilly" stereotype of gun owners?

Noel Avenelle

You seem to think that I was attacking his character. It's just that I feel that if we're going to try to convince businesses of their ill ways regarding firearms, we need to make that extra effort to look somewhat professional or else not be taken seriously. If I were Chris Brandt, I wouldn't even entertain this email chain any further based on poor readability.

Bronson

In the real world

Actually, in the real world a poorly written professional communication goes straight into the round file. Have you ever been a hiring manager? I have and I can tell you from experience that for even the most lowly of jobs poor spelling or unreadable penmanship gets an automatic ignore response.

I once had a co-worker quit and leave a detailed resignation letter with very valid points about the way lower management handled their employees. Unfortunately none of his points hit home because everybody was too busy mocking his poor spelling and grammar.

Poor spelling makes you appear stupid to the reader. Once the reader thinks you're stupid they ignore the message you are trying to convey. It really is that simple.

Bronson

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I heard on the radio today, that there was a shooting in Aurora CO a couple months ago in a church, difference is, that a CPL holder stopped the person after only one victim.

Wonder why I only heard this on a conservative radio talk show?

Um, it was discussed here...but it was longer ago than a few months. I could be wrong, but I think the license holder's name was Jean Assam (sp?)