• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's The Best Holster For Me?

coreyshaw

I have a SIG SAUER P250 Sub-compact 9MM DOA pistol.
I just printed out my app for concealed carry.
This weekend I am taking a Hunter Safety Course which will serve for the proof I know how to handle a firearm portion of it.
So I'll hopefully have my permit soon.
Now the next question is, which holster is right for me?
I am looking for something that is comfortable in all positions (sitting, standing, running, etc.)
My clothes are usually pretty form fitting.
I just want something that is comfortable and doesn't make it obvious that Im carrying.

Michigander

Slightly off topic, but you have a DAO pistol. DOA refers to the medical/police term "dead on arrival" ;)

All positions with a larger gun, doing vigorous movement, with tight ish clothes, not gonna have any holster which is perfect and comfy and keeps ideal concealment.

IWB is what you want, and there are 2 decent ways to go. A regular 15-25 dollar IWB holster, or a more pricey hybrid IWB.

If you could be persuaded to go for a fanny pack, that might work as well.

If money is an issue, my suggestion is to get a bunch of very cheap holsters to figure out your preferred carry positions.

One last note, is that if you'll be CCing extensively and wish to keep some pretty deep concealment going, you'll likely be wanting to look into a sub compact gun at some point, just so you know.

Last edited:

coreyshaw

Slightly off topic, but you have a DAO pistol. DOA refers to the medical/police term "dead on arrival" ;)

All positions with a larger gun, doing vigorous movement, with tight ish clothes, not gonna have any holster which is perfect and comfy and keeps ideal concealment.

IWB is what you want, and there are 2 decent ways to go. A regular 15-25 dollar IWB holster, or a more pricey hybrid IWB.

If you could be persuaded to go for a fanny pack, that might work as well.

If money is an issue, my suggestion is to get a bunch of very cheap holsters to figure out your preferred carry positions.

One last note, is that if you'll be CCing extensively and wish to keep some pretty deep concealment going, you'll likely be wanting to look into a sub compact gun at some point, just so you know.

My SIG is subcompact =)

Michigander

Dangit. I was probably too tired when I typed that up....

IWB is still very possibly what you'll want to do, but you may even want to look into pocket or ankle carry if you can accommodate that.

cleveland

We make a very comfortable holster for the Sig P250 and will be offering free shipping to opencarry.org members during the month of August.

AngryBodhi

Only you can say what is best for you based on your combination of body-type, handgun, and concealment garments. For concealment purposes, you may need to start wearing shirts one size larger and if you carry IWB, you may need to go a size larger in your pants. Just something to keep in mind depending on how form-fitting your clothes are. There's also the leather vs kydex vs hybrid argument. Plastic is generally faster to draw from and easier to re-holster. Leather is generally more comfortable and doesn't have the audible "click" of plastic. This is all subjective of course. My advice would be to go to a local supplier with a decent selection and try on several different styles, even if they don't have one for your specific firearm, you should be able to find one close enough to at least get a feel for the style.