• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Aurora, Colorado would have arrested anyone who stopped the Batman massacre

Bellum_Intus

You know.. I'm a firm supporter of the First Amendment.. but.. when you start writing fiction novels and claiming they are reality.. someone should really have a 'talk' with the writers..

Anyway.... good catch...

--Rob

LoneEchoWolf

Sorry, couldn't get the full title of the article in the subject line.

Read this pile of work..........

http://www.naturalnews.com/036549_Aurora_concealed_carry_gun_confiscation.html

WOW! i don't think i read one shred of truth in the entire article, clearly these guys did not do there research and are making up whatever they want as they go along, so sad when everyone is a expert and there wrong. Advocating the wrong laws to the Sheeple does more damage to OC than one could imagine and they just keep the ball rolling with there uneducated comments. makes me sad to think guy that wrote that has probably never even visited Colorado, and clearly do not care about providing mis information. He should not be able to print such lies without someone, Editor, or someone verifying that even one thing he said was true which i cant find anything thats even remotely correct.

Scotsman

Wha wha wha???? The author really got a lot of "facts" wrong! Wow...just wow...

Whatever happened to integrity in journalism?

M-Taliesin

Another Outrage Foist on Aurora!

Howdy Folks!
I think ya'll have a pretty good idea where I'm at on this forum. I am not one to throw insult, but endeavor to respond with respect even when others are abusive and rude. I try very hard to be respectful of others and have striven to help set a tone of civility on the Colorado forum, even in the face of some foolishness we've seen here in the past. As a result, we have one of the best boards on OCDO, and folks here get along real well, regardless of whether we agree on specific issues or not. We manage to debate our positions without name calling, insults or flaming one another. At the end of the day, I believe everybody who makes the Colorado board part of their day all comport themselves in a manner we canall be proud of.

That being said.............................

The people responsible for the article claiming absurdities can only be either blatantly lying through their teeth, or outright stupid beyond the pale!
I don't think those folks are stupid, so I can only conclude they are liars. This ain't no accident, nor is it a simple error. This thing has the appearance of propaganda, intended to disrupt the rights we enjoy through a misinformation campaign filled with falsehood and distortion.

Just one example here: If local cities have such gun restrictions, why are none of us who live in those cities subjected to arrest as we open carry every single day?
Obviously compelling is the law of preemption:

CRS 29-11.7-103. Regulation - type of firearm - prohibited.
A local government may not enact an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the sale, purchase, or possession of a firearm that a person may lawfully sell, purchase, or possess under state or federal law. Any such ordinance, regulation, or other law enacted by a local government prior to March 18, 2003, is void and unenforceable.

The law cannot be stated much more clearly!
Denver is exempt by virtue that their ordinances prohibiting open carry were in place prior to March 18, 2003. The Meyer Decision affirmed their right to restrict open carry within their city limits.

The entire article, and the outrageous claims made, are but one more shot fired at Aurora Colorado. The intent being to do damage to folks already hurting in the aftermath of a tragedy. Such persons, so disposed to advance their twisted agenda are little better than the shooter who attacked innocent citizens in our city. These lies are spreading over the internet like a plague of locusts, with each loaded with the venom of agenda politics. Lies, and damnedable lies at that.

I live in Aurora. I carry every single day in Aurora. I interact nearly every day with Aurora police officers. Aurora does not deserve this slander against the character of our fair city, any more than those innocent citizens deserved to be fired upon Friday morning. And I'll state again, as I have in the past, that if I had been there and saw a chance to return fire, I'd have done so in hopes of saving others.

It seems to me that the people behind these lies and propaganda are lying agents provocateurs! It is obvious they hope to utilize this tragic incident as an opportunity to provoke more harm.

In the meanwhile, I encourage everyone to regard those who created this pack of lies to denounce those responsible, hold them in utter contempt, and treat them with the level of respect you'd give a rat. Hopefully you'll agree, a rat deserves better than those who would suggest criminals should create more mischief in Aurora Colorado.

May the blessings of liberty keep us free from idiots!
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

PFC HALE

MT, adding to what you wrote, it does make sense being possible propaganda to dissuade anyone who isnt carrying to think twice on doing so based off of absolutely false information. As we all know many people believe what they read in the news...

from your post

CRS 29-11.7-103. Regulation - type of firearm - prohibited.
A local government may not enact an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the sale, purchase, or possession of a firearm that a person may lawfully sell, purchase, or possess under state or federal law. Any such ordinance, regulation, or other law enacted by a local government prior to March 18, 2003, is void and unenforceable.

The law cannot be stated much more clearly!
Denver is exempt by virtue that their ordinances prohibiting open carry were in place prior to March 18, 2003. The Meyer Decision affirmed their right to restrict open carry within their city limits.

This answers my question as to how they can get away with it... (bastards..)

Last edited:

tittiger

Hey gentlemen!

For the record Infowars is very well researched. Do your own research and find out for yourselves.

Mike Adams I will agree with you is a loose canon when it comes to getting the facts right. I have made efforts
to get the word out about his misstatements.

If you go to the article now you will see a link to this thread. If you want go there and put in your own links
to this thread so that his readers will see a current link to the facts.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036549_Aurora_concealed_carry_gun_confiscation.html

=========================================================

BTW a link in his own article contradicts his own statements: http://www.coloradoceasefire.org/munilaws.htm

Survey of Colorado's Local Firearms Ordinances

Compiled for Million Mom March

primarily from data from the Colorado Municipal League

Note: The following ordinances were adopted by individual municipalities across
the state of Colorado in response to particular problems
in their communities or concerns of their populace.

In 2003, the state legislature and the governor deemed that the power to address gun violence in Colorado through laws SHALL NOT be in the domain of the affected communities,
rather it should rest only in the hands of the state. By this legislation (SB03-25),
all of the ordinances on this list have been declared unenforceable.

The city of Denver has sued the state of Colorado over this preemption. Judgement is pending.

If you find this preemption of local powers bizarre,
please contact Governor Owens and the legislators listed at the bottom of this document.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Hey gentlemen!
please contact Governor Owens and the legislators listed at the bottom of this document.

Howdy Pard!
Not to cut too fine a line, but I believe Governor Owens has been out of office for at least the last several months, no?

It's that sort of hard-hitting, spot-on, up-to-the-minute, incisive reportage that makes people like me regard people like that like people I don't regard favorably.

Bill Owens must be rolling in his grave, and he ain't even dead yet!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

tittiger

Howdy Pard!
Not to cut too fine a line, but I believe Governor Owens has been out of office for at least the last several months, no?

It's that sort of hard-hitting, spot-on, up-to-the-minute, incisive reportage that makes people like me regard people like that like people I don't regard favorably.

Bill Owens must be rolling in his grave, and he ain't even dead yet!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin: Please don't pull a Mike Adams on me....The following "quote" of me was never in my post!

Quote Originally Posted by tittiger View Post
Hey gentlemen!

I feel just the opposite of what you portrayed in this "quote". Local governments do NOT have the power to limit my inalienable rights.
I find the preemption of local powers justified rather than bizarre. Looks like the State of CO actually did something right and stopped criminal
behavior from occurring in small towns.

Here in MO our State psychopaths have not done as well. The State has allowed individual towns to outlaw open carry. Nixa MO is the closest to me
that has done this.

Blessings

unknownsailor

I was just in Aurora's municipal code LINK, and the city's ban on concealed carry is still on the books. Now, we all know that the code is unenforceable, but yet, it is still there.

One wonders why it hasn't been repealed yet, in light of the pre-emption...

M-Taliesin

I was just in Aurora's municipal code LINK, and the city's ban on concealed carry is still on the books. Now, we all know that the code is unenforceable, but yet, it is still there.

Howdy Amigo!
They still have laws on the books that are from days of yore that have no bearing on life today.
Nobody enforces them, because many of them are idiotic.

Here is a sampling of some of the Colorado laws still on the books that make for bewildering reading!

...In Colorado (Denver), dog catchers are required, for 3 days straight, to post notifications on trees in the city park and public road running through the park that notifies dogs of impounding.

It is illegal to ride a horse while under the influence.

In Denver, You may not drive a black car on Sundays.
It is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor.
It is illegal to mistreat rats in Denver, Colorado.

In Cripple Creek... It is illegal to bring your horse or pack mule above the ground floor of any building.

Or how about this gem, still on the books, in Sterling: Cats may not run loose without having been fit with a taillight.

Point being, they just don't seem to bother with stuff once it becomes irrelevant.
Maybe laziness keeps them from getting rid of old laws that nobody even remembers later on?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Shadetreezj

Campaign Veteran

That link to codes is for Aurora Illinois

Auroa, Colorado codes can be viewed here ----> http://library.municode.com/mobile/...osenNode=10331_183.10331_1.#10331_183.10331_1.

Good luck navigating through that mess.

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

That link to codes is for Aurora Illinois

Says it right at the top actully lol. Aurora, Illinois, Code of Ordinances >> - CODE OF ORDINANCES >> Chapter 29 - OFFENSES—MISCELLANEOUS >> ARTICLE III. - OFFENSES AGAINST OR ENDANGERING THE PERSON >> thats the header of the page.

tittiger

I see a more nefarious intent from the sycophants in government.
I would not be surprised if there are people that have been charged an convicted on this NON-LAW.

Did you see the recent story of the many people in NC that were in jail for owning weapons, many for 10 years or more, it turns out there is no such law, and they still will not let these people out? Did you know that at the time the Constitution was written, hence the meaning of the 2nd, that a felon was ONLY someone who committed a crime for which the death penalty applied?

LoneEchoWolf

In Cripple Creek... It is illegal to bring your horse or pack mule above the ground floor of any building.

Or how about this gem, still on the books, in Sterling: Cats may not run loose without having been fit with a taillight.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

HAHAHAHA these two are just classic, looks like i need to get me a tail light you know, just incase... And damn how am i going to get my horse into my friends apartment if i cant take him off the first floor?