Thread: OC'ing in Roanoke

OC'ing in Roanoke

I'm OC'ing in Roanoke for a few days b/c my wife is taking the bar exam Tues & Wed. So far no problems at the civic center, Olive Garden, and the hotel. I was hoping to go to a gun range tomorrow while the wife is in the exam, anyone know a good place to go?

http://www.pss-range-training.net/

only range in roanoke i now of.
    been there twice with my brother. nothing fancy, but not expensive and the staff was friendly. they have a few guns available for rent, if you're so inclined.

happy shooting!
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by mk4 View Post

been there twice with my brother. nothing fancy, but not expensive and the staff was friendly. they have a few guns available for rent, if you're so inclined.

happy shooting!
    Thanks that's really close. I prolly won't rent anything. I just bought a Ruger single six that I've been wanting to shoot, figured this would be a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyVA View Post
    [snip] ... b/c my wife is taking the bar exam Tues & Wed. [snip]
    You both have my thoughts and prayers. Most of my memories of that experience are not favorable. However, the day after, a friend and I played 18 holes at Hanging Rock Golf Course in Salem, Virginia. It was the worst round and best round of golf I have ever played.

As of the time I am writing this, at least the heavy lifting is over. When she finishes the MBE tomorrow, try to take her out to dinner before she passes out from exhaustion.

Just on a side note, our own John Pierce (aka Administrator), co-owner and co-founder of OCDO is also in the midst of his Bar Exams.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by mk4 View Post

happy shooting!
    I actually ended up going there on tuesday and wednesday. The staff was indeed very friendly. I didn't like the no loaded firearms sign at the front door, but other than that it was a great time.

Thanks for the prayers ArmedBarrister. We both made it out alive, she wasn't to exhausted when it was over. I think she was just relieved that she didn't have to study for it anymore. There was a guy there that had a seizure on the first day during the test, which caused him to fall and bust his head open.
    Last edited by RandyVA; 07-26-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I actually ended up going there on tuesday and wednesday. The staff was indeed very friendly. I didn't like the no loaded firearms sign at the front door, but other than that it was a great time.

Thanks for the prayers ArmedBarrister. We both made it out alive, she wasn't to exhausted when it was over. I think she was just relieved that she didn't have to study for it anymore. There was a guy there that had a seizure on the first day during the test, which caused him to fall and bust his head open.
    Give her my congratulations Randy, then hand her the yellow pages opened to Lawyers. Remind her that out of all those names, only a half dozen or so are good lawyers. The rest are ambulance chasers, bill collectors, deal makers and pencil necks.

She needs to be one of the half dozen or so. We have plenty of the others.

yeah, i remember that sign.

first time i went there with my brother, i sent him inside to get someone i could talk with. guy came out, i pointed to the sign, pointed to my oc sig and raised my eyebrows. didn't say a word, he just waved me in. i talked with him inside and he told me all was good. they just don't want folks walking in with an unholstered or uncased gun. i offered that maybe that would be better content for the sign and he agreed, but had no say to get it changed.

second time i went there, about two months later, i just walked right in. same guy was at the counter, he acknowledged i was oc, smiled and proceeded to take my money. no issues at all.

glad you had a good time!

congrats to your wife!
    Last edited by mk4; 07-27-2012 at 12:26 AM.
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

.... There was a guy there that had a seizure on the first day during the test, which caused him to fall and bust his head open.
    Has anybody heard from John?

Beyond the pain of the physical injury and the financial and time expenses involved in sitting for the test again, knowing that would forever be associated with my name would induce me to look for another line of work - maybe on a buffalo-gut wagon.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Has anybody heard from John?
    Yeah, he posted on FB yesterday morning that he had finished the exam.