Thread: Congress to prosecute NYT Journalists? Hold the champagne.

I80, USA

Congress to prosecute NYT Journalists? Hold the champagne.
    Well, we are now seeing why [the Wikileaks grand jury] is so important: at a House Judiciary subcommittee hearing on July 11th, some members of Congress made it clear they also want New York Times journalists charged under the Espionage Act for their recent stories on President Obama’s ‘Kill List’ and secret US cyberattacks against Iran. During the hearing, House Republicans “pressed legal experts Wednesday on whether it was possible to prosecute reporters for publishing classified information,” according to the Los Angeles Times.
    Sounds like Republicans wanna defend President Obama, could it be? Could it possibly be that the Republicans aren't any different than the Democrats? Nah, couldn't be.

, ,
    Sounds like they aren't suffering from ODS.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    They fear being exposed, so they don't want it to happen to their colleagues either.......they both suck.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)