• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Wichita

Damiansar-15

I have been OCing for the past several days on the West side of Wichita without any issues or anyone really noticing. I have been to Starbucks, Dillons, QT, Jason's Deli, etc...without even question or anything. Seems like a no issue in Wichita, thus far...

Damian

Damiansar-15

Yep

I have been OC "unloaded" and documented this via hidden audio/video recorder with others "out of sight" for the time being. I am actually OC'ing at the moment at the Starbucks @ Maize and 21st without any issues, double-takes, or stares. People don't seem to care or assume that I am operating within the law (which I am). So, pretty boring in Wichita. Looks like WPD announcements and the news coverage have updated the masses enough that it is not a big deal...

Hey Damiansar-15,

Be very careful. The ordinance is not in effect yet. The Wichita paper printed the wrong ordinance. Click on the concealed carry blog and go to the end for details. http://www.ksccw.com/showthread.php?t=38807

It’s just day away from being legal!!

Marine0300

SixGunCowboy

OC in Wichita

That is great to hear. But, bare mind, that while some people will not mind that you O.C.
In public, that is by no means certain that you will not be bothered by people or Police
About your weapon from time to time.

BROKENSPROKET

I have been OC "unloaded" and documented this via hidden audio/video recorder with others "out of sight" for the time being. I am actually OC'ing at the moment at the Starbucks @ Maize and 21st without any issues, double-takes, or stares. People don't seem to care or assume that I am operating within the law (which I am). So, pretty boring is Wichita. Looks like WPD announcements and the news coverage have updated the masses enough that it is not a big deal...

That is the way it's supposed to be. :cool: