• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ed Perlmutter, Favors New AWB; My Email to Him!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I've seen congressman Ed Perlmutter speaking about favoring a new assault weapons ban. Here we go again!
So I decided to write him and speak my mind. Here is the email I sent to him this evening.
Blessings,
M-Taliesin
-----------------------------------------------
Dear Congressman Perlmutter!
When you last ran for office as a representative from Colorado, I supported you in your election campaign. The next time around, I will work much harder to see that you are defeated in an attempt to win reelection.

Your public announcement of another assault weapons ban or additional gun control legislation just offends me in ways too profound to state with few words.

On July 20th, innocent citizens of Aurora died and were wounded by a bad guy with a gun. Nobody could stop him, because the good guys had no guns.

If the shooter had no gun, he likely would have fashioned bombs, similar to those 30+ devices found in his apartment; set with trip wires and an intent to kill more innocent citizens. Had he not opted to use his rifle, the explosives he might have used instead may well have caused far more tragedy than his bullets.

It seems to me that you are attempting to use this tragedy for your own personal political ambitions. You are appear prepared to peddle the blood of innocents to get yourself reelected to the congress, and it is most emphatically disgusting sir. You didn't even have sufficient decency to wait until the dead had been laid to rest before trying to capitalize on their murder. The disrespect displayed, perhaps born of a towering arrogance, is not acceptable to me as an American, nor as a Democrat.

Please reconsider your position, and acknowledge that the gun was not the problem. The madman who carried it was the issue. He was determined to kill people, and the gun was simply the device he employed to his task. As mentioned earlier, it would otherwise likely have been explosive devices.

But more than anything else, at least display the most modest modicum of respect for the wounded and the dead. That you are using this tragedy for your own advancement is reprehensible beyond belief.

Thank You,
---------------------------

entartet17

I once asked Perlmutter to his face if he would ever support a new AWB. He said, unequivocally, "No." I knew he was lying then and his recent statements confirm this.