• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets all talk,, M&G Castle Rock

cch10000

I see a lot of ideas and banter from all of us in Colorado as well there should be in these terrible times.

How bout a M&G so we can all talk face to face and see how we want to proceed

Wednesday Aug 1,,,,, 5 or 6 or 7 PM an evening meet
Castle Rock
Place TBD

Anyone interested
Charlie

Bellum_Intus

I see a lot of ideas and banter from all of us in Colorado as well there should be in these terrible times.

How bout a M&G so we can all talk face to face and see how we want to proceed

Wednesday Aug 1,,,,, 5 or 6 or 7 PM an evening meet
Castle Rock
Place TBD

Anyone interested
Charlie

Date is ok, I work in Pueblo West so it's a trek up there.. and i'm about 1.5 hours from home once I get to CR.. so it'd be a tad better on a weekend for me anyway.

--Rob

cch10000

Lots of people out of town on the weekends I'll be in Pueblo this weekend(come out to the lake and fish) and Sturgis the next but Perhaps August 4 a Sat if its abetter date

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
One of our members was going to research where to have a meet and greet in Castle Rock. I've waited for him to respond with a location.
It was my intention to visit Castle Rock this week to find a good venue where we can gather.

How about meeting up with me tomorrow (Tuesday) and perhaps we can plan a meet-up.
Saturday will work better for most folks. Just an FYI.

PM me if you'd like to meet to run around town and check on places to hold us a meet and greet.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

cch10000

plenty of places,,,, tween Mel And me we'll find a spot if there's folks wanna be there

any interest on preference on a date??

ch

Torquemaster69

The only reason I mentioned Red Robin is because I have OCed there recently and no one even gave me a second look. They saw but were unconcerned. As for a date.....as long as its a weekend....I do not mind

Zakaris

I'll try and make it once a details have been nailed down. It shouldn't be a problem.

Once the place/time has been determined, should the manager be given a heads-up? Don't want a bunch of people carrying (even though it's legal) to alarm the staff.

M-Taliesin

should the manager be given a heads-up? Don't want a bunch of people carrying (even though it's legal) to alarm the staff.

Howdy Pardner!
When I host a M&G, I always make a point of discussing it with the management. They like that 'heads-up' so they can plan to have sufficient tables and chairs to accomodate a group of folks. They really like knowing how many to expect in advance so they can plan for a group that, last time around, came close to 20 souls.
The M&Gs I've hosted never seemed to be worried about a "bunch of people" carrying, and doesn't seem to be much of an issue. They just want to know what to expect in terms of customers showing up all at once so they can provide a pleasant (and somewhat planned) dining experience.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wmodavis

Count me in guys. I'll be awaiting the details. Like to get to know you a little more personal. Thanks.
Bill

GTShooter

Depending what the final date and time are, Im very interested on getting to meet you all.

jskp229

Guys,

I'm the one M-T referred to & have been absent recently.

I have confirmed a potential site for a M&G in the Castle Rock area. I just spoke to management this morning & he would be happy to have us. They are a small family owned restaurant that serves an American, Mexican & Greek menu that is not too expensive. They have an area of the restaurant he would give us so we can have our usual interactions without creating too much impact on the masses.

The restaurant is Pegasus Restaurant in downtown Castle Rock. It is at 313 Jerry Street 80104. This is about 5 minutes off either the Plum Creek Exit 181 coming from the South or Wolfensberger Exit 182 coming from the North.

Map Link - http://binged.it/Ol6UIS

Given some past feedback, the most requested time was on a weekend. This combined with Saturday afternoons are good for the hosting restaurant.

So, all said & not to to hard on the OP, I propose we do a M&G on Saturday, August 4th at 2p. If this looks good for everyone, I'll confirm the date with the restaurant.

Thoughts?

Thanks & sorry I was so slow on getting this together.

JSK

Last edited:

cch10000

Jskp

Don't want to step over you but Since i kinda started this last night i ran with it today

I took my CCW claas with Franktown Firearms today an Sean, the owner, came up with the idea of having a Barbacue M&G at his store in Franktown on the 4th . He has a big area outdoors plenty of room for a big get together

I really like the Idea

So I'd like to stop this thread I started and let Sean start a new one announcing his M&G at Franktown Firearms on AUG 4th noon

Charlie

JSK
I'll pm you so we can talk about it
thanks

Bellum_Intus

Jskp

Don't want to step over you but Since i kinda started this last night i ran with it today

I took my CCW claas with Franktown Firearms today an Sean, the owner, came up with the idea of having a Barbacue M&G at his store in Franktown on the 4th . He has a big area outdoors plenty of room for a big get together

I really like the Idea

So I'd like to stop this thread I started and let Sean start a new one announcing his M&G at Franktown Firearms on AUG 4th noon

Charlie

JSK
I'll pm you so we can talk about it
thanks

I know you are both trying to help and its appreciated..
MY OPINION:
I don't really care to go to a firearms dealer to have an OC meet and greet, I'd rather be out in the community where we can talk to the 'average Joe' .. Also, being so far from me.. I'd like to eat.. :p

Anyway, let me know what the final decision is.. and I'll make mine then..

--Rob

jskp229

Tonight cch10k & I spoke. Given the potential conflict for dates, we decided to let the group speak. We can do one location this month & the other later. Tell us what you want to do in August. He & I will go whatever way the majority chooses.

Please tell us what you want.

you might want to move the responses to the other thread. Either way you choose, no heartburn.

Thanks.
jsk