• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well here are a few of my stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenne

Some info is I was in the US Navy for a while doing support for them on the weather side.

In 2009 I moved to San Diego. I visited SoCal a lot because of family and friends so I knew the place well. One night my wife at the time were walking home and 2 men tried to rob us via knife point. Knowing how to disarm a suspect reaction kicked in and his knife was dropped and hand disabled. The second suspect took off running and Chula Vista police were called and took a report. The next day I bough myself a Ruger SR9 and started to Open Carry that (when it was still legal).

Second instance was in 2010. My wife at the time left me for my CO after my latest deployment and took everything we had other then my Mossberg 500SPX and my SR9. I had extra money to spend so I bought my 1911. The day I was to pick it up around 6PM my wife called my command saying I had gotten a gun and was after her. Police and members of my command showed up asking about the 1911 .45 knowing I didn't have it I denied them to look into my apartment with out a warrant and told them everything showing them paper work that for another 7+ hours I wouldn't have the gun. They called the store and they said nop its still there and the cops allowed me to file a report against her after a lot of talking.
I got the gun shot it about 300rounds worth and came home. As I started turning on my computers and tv and ps3 I heard a thump and screaming "You dropped my baby" I instantly dialed 911 moved the slide back so I could put in a mag and have the gun ready to go with in a split second. Had my right hand in my pocket with the mag in my hand and my bluetooth on while talking to dispatch. The neighbors door was open and so I peeked in and saw 2 women and a man fighting (the man was cheating on his wife and kid and the wife walked in. the lady that was being played tried to run and knocked the baby out of the wifes hands.) I asked if everything was ok and that police were on their way. The man got very angry and started to walk towards me when I turned to the side to show I would protect my self in which I told him "if he came any closer that I would take his actions as a threat on my life and those around me and use the necessary force to stop him and to keep his hands where I can see them so I know he doesn't have a weapon" (these are always my words which is what my friend down in San Diego thats a LEO told me to say.) He turned away and grabbed a knife out of the kitchen. Both ladys ran in to the bathroom and locked the door in which time I loaded my gun and was ready to defend myself. I again told him to back off and then drop the knife or I would shoot. He broke down and started saying his life was over. He kept the knife close so I stayed on guard till police showed up in which they draw on me seeing my gun and seeing I was the one on the phone and in a shirt that said I was Navy. I told them what I was doing and dropped my mag and took out my round in the chamber and put it on the AC unit.
Both ladys thanked me then started going at each other and for my protection I told the cops bare info and told them if they wanted count by count details to listen to my dispatch record. One wanted to keep my gun but the other sided with me and gave it back.

I finally moved here and love it.

My first in counter was up in the air.
So my girl friend was getting sexually harassed at her job. That has also gotten physical. (Many co workers have also been dealing with the same stuff just were to scared as they felt like no one would support them as they were workers and he a manager) Since I was done mountain biking I had it on along with my video camera to help protect my first interaction with the man. After asking for the store manage as he was just the low end manager he started to get very angry in which I informed him I have cameras audio and video recording for my personal protection. In which he told me to stop recording and walked away. I went to the front of the store and had him called up in which time he said he was going to call the police. Before picking up his phone mine was already dialing. I then went in front making sure I was in camera view of the store and made sure my camera was still recording just didn't inform him.

After a few min other customers were asking about my gun all were happy I supported my rights at such a young age.

I saw Meridian Police pull up to the other store as my friend had also called. Even though I was OCing I gave them my CWP when asked because this wasn't about me it was about her and they were being very polite and respectful (why aren't cops like this every day) and asked why I had my gun on my side I stated I was just finishing up biking at the top of Bogus and always has it by my side. They then asked about my side of the story and said to just keep my hands away from my gun when confronting people in which I responded that why I have my camera it protects me in that way. They told me to go wait for a response from my friend in which they shook my hand and said keep up the good work.

My girl friend was very unstable so I went to the gas station for some OJ. I had 2 men behind me talking about my 1911 behind me in which I was getting a little nervous so I turned to make it harder for them if they where thinking of being stupid. I hurried out and sat back in my car and started to talk to my friend. The 2 guys came out and one of them said hey congratulations on the open carry. Which made my stress go down and kinda be happy.

My latest was very hot.

July 3rd around 2AM
I just bought my new company car a Subaru WRX that has been modified. Only had it for a week and some one tried to break into it. So I started parking it in my front yard while I waited for a aftermarket alarm to get shipped. I just got home from riding my bike at Bogus and was calming down to get ready for bed. I hear some noise out side so I grabbed the 1911 put the hammer back and held it behind me as I opened the door. 2 men one about 4feet away and another trying to unlock my door of my car about 10feet away were just standing there. The one on the look out and closest to me pulled out a knife and told me to go back in side or my car wouldn't be the only thing hurt. I laughed and draw my weapon and kept my finger off the trigger but still in side as I have it set for a 4-4.5LB pull as the old mechanism broke while I was changing holsters earlier this year and discharged into my floor at my house. The man started to move away from my car and next to his friend in which I moved to position myself to have a better eye on them both, behind them was brick so if my hallow point went through it was go into brick and not someone and so I wouldn't have to adjust a lot if they did charge at me. After a few words were exchanged I remembered who one was and identified him. They both knew it was over and dropped the knife and ran. Police were called and I told them what happend. And they went and had a talk with them. The next day I saw them both in which they said they were sorry and gave me their story. I warned them that they could of been in a body bag and they both turned ghost and said it would never happen again to any one and that they were thankful for getting a second chance. All shock hands and went our own ways.

Well enough of me writing this book.

j4l

Some info is I was in the US Navy for a while doing support for them on the weather side.

In 2009 I moved to San Diego. I visited SoCal a lot because of family and friends so I knew the place well. One night my wife at the time were walking home and 2 men tried to rob us via knife point. Knowing how to disarm a suspect reaction kicked in and his knife was dropped and hand disabled. The second suspect took off running and Chula Vista police were called and took a report. The next day I bough myself a Ruger SR9 and started to Open Carry that (when it was still legal).

Second instance was in 2010. My wife at the time left me for my CO after my latest deployment and took everything we had other then my Mossberg 500SPX and my SR9. I had extra money to spend so I bought my 1911. The day I was to pick it up around 6PM my wife called my command saying I had gotten a gun and was after her. Police and members of my command showed up asking about the 1911 .45 knowing I didn't have it I denied them to look into my apartment with out a warrant and told them everything showing them paper work that for another 7+ hours I wouldn't have the gun. They called the store and they said nop its still there and the cops allowed me to file a report against her after a lot of talking.
I got the gun shot it about 300rounds worth and came home. As I started turning on my computers and tv and ps3 I heard a thump and screaming "You dropped my baby" I instantly dialed 911 moved the slide back so I could put in a mag and have the gun ready to go with in a split second. Had my right hand in my pocket with the mag in my hand and my bluetooth on while talking to dispatch. The neighbors door was open and so I peeked in and saw 2 women and a man fighting (the man was cheating on his wife and kid and the wife walked in. the lady that was being played tried to run and knocked the baby out of the wifes hands.) I asked if everything was ok and that police were on their way. The man got very angry and started to walk towards me when I turned to the side to show I would protect my self in which I told him "if he came any closer that I would take his actions as a threat on my life and those around me and use the necessary force to stop him and to keep his hands where I can see them so I know he doesn't have a weapon" (these are always my words which is what my friend down in San Diego thats a LEO told me to say.) He turned away and grabbed a knife out of the kitchen. Both ladys ran in to the bathroom and locked the door in which time I loaded my gun and was ready to defend myself. I again told him to back off and then drop the knife or I would shoot. He broke down and started saying his life was over. He kept the knife close so I stayed on guard till police showed up in which they draw on me seeing my gun and seeing I was the one on the phone and in a shirt that said I was Navy. I told them what I was doing and dropped my mag and took out my round in the chamber and put it on the AC unit.
Both ladys thanked me then started going at each other and for my protection I told the cops bare info and told them if they wanted count by count details to listen to my dispatch record. One wanted to keep my gun but the other sided with me and gave it back.

I finally moved here and love it.

My first in counter was up in the air.
So my girl friend was getting sexually harassed at her job. That has also gotten physical. (Many co workers have also been dealing with the same stuff just were to scared as they felt like no one would support them as they were workers and he a manager) Since I was done mountain biking I had it on along with my video camera to help protect my first interaction with the man. After asking for the store manage as he was just the low end manager he started to get very angry in which I informed him I have cameras audio and video recording for my personal protection. In which he told me to stop recording and walked away. I went to the front of the store and had him called up in which time he said he was going to call the police. Before picking up his phone mine was already dialing. I then went in front making sure I was in camera view of the store and made sure my camera was still recording just didn't inform him.

After a few min other customers were asking about my gun all were happy I supported my rights at such a young age.

I saw Meridian Police pull up to the other store as my friend had also called. Even though I was OCing I gave them my CWP when asked because this wasn't about me it was about her and they were being very polite and respectful (why aren't cops like this every day) and asked why I had my gun on my side I stated I was just finishing up biking at the top of Bogus and always has it by my side. They then asked about my side of the story and said to just keep my hands away from my gun when confronting people in which I responded that why I have my camera it protects me in that way. They told me to go wait for a response from my friend in which they shook my hand and said keep up the good work.

My girl friend was very unstable so I went to the gas station for some OJ. I had 2 men behind me talking about my 1911 behind me in which I was getting a little nervous so I turned to make it harder for them if they where thinking of being stupid. I hurried out and sat back in my car and started to talk to my friend. The 2 guys came out and one of them said hey congratulations on the open carry. Which made my stress go down and kinda be happy.

My latest was very hot.

July 3rd around 2AM
I just bought my new company car a Subaru WRX that has been modified. Only had it for a week and some one tried to break into it. So I started parking it in my front yard while I waited for a aftermarket alarm to get shipped. I just got home from riding my bike at Bogus and was calming down to get ready for bed. I hear some noise out side so I grabbed the 1911 put the hammer back and held it behind me as I opened the door. 2 men one about 4feet away and another trying to unlock my door of my car about 10feet away were just standing there. The one on the look out and closest to me pulled out a knife and told me to go back in side or my car wouldn't be the only thing hurt. I laughed and draw my weapon and kept my finger off the trigger but still in side as I have it set for a 4-4.5LB pull as the old mechanism broke while I was changing holsters earlier this year and discharged into my floor at my house. The man started to move away from my car and next to his friend in which I moved to position myself to have a better eye on them both, behind them was brick so if my hallow point went through it was go into brick and not someone and so I wouldn't have to adjust a lot if they did charge at me. After a few words were exchanged I remembered who one was and identified him. They both knew it was over and dropped the knife and ran. Police were called and I told them what happend. And they went and had a talk with them. The next day I saw them both in which they said they were sorry and gave me their story. I warned them that they could of been in a body bag and they both turned ghost and said it would never happen again to any one and that they were thankful for getting a second chance. All shock hands and went our own ways.

Well enough of me writing this book.

I'll withold comment on the rest of it, but I am curious about this: how the hell did u manage to "break" a 1911 trigger ? :banghead:

Kenne

I'll withold comment on the rest of it, but I am curious about this: how the hell did u manage to "break" a 1911 trigger ? :banghead:

Myself and the shop that fixed it cant figure it out. They said the hammer was sheared off. The palm safety didn't even work. Now The hammer is never back till its needed.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!!

Kenne,, Ive read all your posts, in all your threads, your profile...
Your stories are,,, very interesting,,, stories...
I think I smell some,,, B.S.... sniff...

Glad you are a movie director,,, they dont need to know how to spell very good, or how to write a coherant story.

Really!!! youre 23, a profesional biker, a movie director.. Wow!
AND you helped the navy as a weather sider??? and now youre,,, retired? Wow!

So yea,,, you do have it goin on,,, so yea!

So yea,,, spend some of that movie director money and get your 1911 fixed right!
Nobody! should own a 1911 that they cant carry cocked and locked reliably and safely!!!

Last edited:

vt800c

With all due respect, Sir..

Glad you are a movie director,,, they dont need to know how to spell very good, or how to write a coherant story.

So yea,,, spend some of that movie director money and get your 1911 fixed right!
Nobody! should own a 1911 that they cant carry cocked and locked reliably and safely!!!

I do not know the OP..but even when there is doubt..I feel that protocol and decorm dictates one should be given the benifit of doubt. If I misinterpreted your comments, please know I was speaking for respect of a fellow firearms owner. In the current political We are soon to be a vanishing breed, and I wish to have all the friends I can.

To the OP: Dude! Man, you need to re-evaluate your life..you're are NOT hanging with the right people. I mean..I've OC a few times myself..and had known a few women and all..but I've never had half the issues you have had. I guess the best way to say this is...it looks like all the things your stories have in common...

is you.

Kenne

www.dropinentertainment.com is my company.

My latest camera is a Sony FS100
202513_10150929424312014_275136550_o.jpg

These are our other cameras Canon 60D, Panasonic HMC40, Now we use 2 Go Pro Hero HD2's
328108_10150428581022014_1946647321_o.jpg

First set up before the 1911 and the AR15, Ruger and Beretta were sold to get the 1911.
26863_327738182013_6038315_n.jpg

337316_10150351767542014_1924511170_o.jpg

Winning race run for Idaho State Championship dual salom
533303_10150810539827014_1713343285_n.jpg

This weekend is downhill and 2 weeks ago was Super D which I took 1st also.

My other bike set up. Hard to see but the license plates look like this.
473162_10150590815617014_1481049921_o.jpg

Just not Marine.
id-marines.jpg

DeltaOps

it is sad times when one actually has to prove themselves to others. From one Vet to another, thank you for your service. I just never hope I have to use my weapon on any American, but I will be ready should that day come.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!!

it is sad times when one actually has to prove themselves to others. From one Vet to another, thank you for your service. I just never hope I have to use my weapon on any American, but I will be ready should that day come.

Wow,,,, where did this come from???
What the heII do you mean with this statement??

What day will it be that you will shoot at Americans?

EmtFFKev

Possibly the day that one threatens him to the point that lethal force becomes a valid option?
If you had to use your gun to protect yourself, odds are you'd be using your gun to shoot another American right?

HolyOrangeJuice

Apparently this went right over your head. The day some punk AMERICAN decides to make him in fear for his life. Since we live in America there is a good chance that if he has to use his firearm in self defense it will be on another american....jeez if that doesn't explain it nothing will.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Call me a doubting Thomas.

In 2010 the OP was going to retire from the Navy in 3 years......at what age, after how many years of service?
Checked his posts - see that as a major inconsistency.

Then couple that with a series of "unusual" allegorical stories. This thread is for True Tales of Self Defense - that would call for cites. There are none, nada. Reads more like Social Lounge material.

There are a number of other things that point to indicators of less than candid/forthright claims. Now I believe also in giving benefit of the doubt to others, but credulity is being taxed here.

Please tell us Mr. Keene what we should believe.

1245A Defender

Wowwy!!!!

My question to DeltaOps statement about shooting Americans.

He did Not answer...

Possibly the day that one threatens him to the point that lethal force becomes a valid option?
If you had to use your gun to protect yourself, odds are you'd be using your gun to shoot another American right?

Apparently this went right over your head. The day some punk AMERICAN decides to make him in fear for his life. Since we live in America there is a good chance that if he has to use his firearm in self defense it will be on another american....jeez if that doesn't explain it nothing will.
You Both are Wrong in your assumptions! you know what they say about those...

I quoted my question to him in another thread.
Then I wrote this...

Well,,,

Many posters have tired of this forum, and simply stopped reading and posting here.
Some posters get indignant and rant about mistreatment and unhappyness.
Then they tell everybody what bad people we are, then
they tell us they are taking their ball and going home, before they stomp off in a huff.

But they always come back, to complain some more!

the post i questioned deserves an answer to me, to us, and most of all to YOU!

you seem to be military, your post sounds an awful lot like a vow to take up arms,
to do your duty,
to just follow orders,
to enforce martial law,
by what ever way you may be told to do it,,,
including shooting Americans!!

He did Not dispute this!​

Kenne

My wife ran off with my damn CO while I was on my first deployment.
The navy did **** about it because I was a E3 and he a O6 at Fleet Weather Center San Diego.

After I got back from leave in 2011 I signed a early termination papers that put me on inactive reserve status for the next 5years.

Believe what ever you guys want.

Me owning $10,000+ Worth of cameras and over $15,000+ worth of bikes and a few cars can mean 3 things, 1 its part of my jobs/passions. 2 I'm a compete retard and spend money on random **** that I dont need cant use and just a compete idiot. Or a mix of both.
My flaws since all of this has happened I became materialistic. I can admit that. I'm single own 2 sports cars and a truck I rebuilt to offroad and race. Used to own a sport bike but was tboned by a drunk 93year old driver in Nov of 2010. (Wait I have to post photos cause I'm probally bull ********.)
37159_445557977013_611960_n.jpg

37159_445557972013_6334480_n.jpg

I'm fine with my flaws. Im fine with what I do everyday. Those that have been mil know my sitch isn't uncommon its complete BS but it happes all the time.

Thanks for your time.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My wife ran off with my damn CO while I was on my first deployment.
The navy did **** about it because I was a E3 and he a O6 at Fleet Weather Center San Diego.

After I got back from leave in 2011 I signed a early termination papers that put me on inactive reserve status for the next 5years.

Believe what ever you guys want.

Me owning $10,000+ Worth of cameras and over $15,000+ worth of bikes and a few cars can mean 3 things, 1 its part of my jobs/passions. 2 I'm a compete retard and spend money on random **** that I dont need cant use and just a compete idiot. Or a mix of both.
My flaws since all of this has happened I became materialistic. I can admit that. I'm single own 2 sports cars and a truck I rebuilt to offroad and race. Used to own a sport bike but was tboned by a drunk 93year old driver in Nov of 2010. (Wait I have to post photos cause I'm probally bull ********.)
37159_445557977013_611960_n.jpg

37159_445557972013_6334480_n.jpg

I'm fine with my flaws. Im fine with what I do everyday. Those that have been mil know my sitch isn't uncommon its complete BS but it happes all the time.

Thanks for your time.

Want to know what the real problem is here?

99% of what you have posted has little or nothing to do with OC or RKBA and that is the focus/limitation of this forum. Plus you made a pronounced effort to dramatize the post - it came across as a personal rant.

It should not be surprising that we question the motivation and veracity of such - we have had our fair share of new initiates act in this manner.

Suggest also that saying you had "retired" is not validated by signing "early termination papers".

Take your hat of, sit a spell, and restrict your posting to OCing properly posted handguns or RKBA related information and you will do fine. Other things...............not so much.

As this thread has deviated severely from the confines of the sub-forum and thread, it is being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.