• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New here, can someone summarize what I need to know about open carry?

Nav0341

I too had a moment of " ..... ". However I am still giving the benefit of the doubt here. Especially because it was actually kinda nice to at least give SOME pointers based on what I have learned. All well, even if the OP is a troll, at least I got some practice in. ;)

FerretMI

Everyone can rest easy. Although I'd say it's a poor choice for this forum, his name is the title of a popular song by the band Slayer. Even if it is a troll, the information in this thread is helpful to all newcomers.

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
aha, slayer, well that makes more sense now. i haven't concluded final judgement yet, i just wanted to throw the idea out there. and i think everyone has been reasonably polite and we'll continue to be so until we get burned.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
aha, slayer, well that makes more sense now. i haven't concluded final judgement yet, i just wanted to throw the idea out there. and i think everyone has been reasonably polite and we'll continue to be so until we get burned.

All is not as it would seem to be always - provocateurs will bait you.

While OCDO does not automatically ban those with divergent opinions, there are remedies for those that mislead the forum.

More often than not, you can trust your gut. Have confirmed mine. My finger hovers over the button.

Haman J.T.

Providing Truth and Facts about OC is all thats needed,troll or not!Welcome Adams182 and learn about Your Right to Protect Yourself and the state(fellow citizens),according to Article 1 Sec. 6 of the MI Constitution!CARRY ON!

Motofixxer

Here is a great video of Officers working on a wrong presumption about ID, then calling a LT and getting educated. All captured on video, with an apology while remaining polite and professional.

[video=youtube;n8pkKS66UgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8pkKS66UgU&feature=related[/video]