• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm a youtube *****

vegaspassat

so the title was supposed to be a word that when shortened is the name for a popular garden tool, but I guess the forum bots didn't like it, so let's say I'm a youtube freak

I'm sorry guys, but I find stuff on youtube all the time that I think you all would find interesting. Here's rapper Ice-T's take on gun control. I may not agree with everything he's done in his past, but he certainly get a tip from my hat on this one.

[video=youtube;-GwIbyp4xBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GwIbyp4xBU[/video]

Last edited:

PFC HALE

im not much for rap myself, but i feel Ice-T is a smart guy and means well. and i give him two thumbs up on this. good find!

Merlin

He said it right. Very pleased. That was, in it's simplest terms, pretty much it. I am really pleased to see people speaking up and not just pointing to sporting or hunting, but the true reason for 2a, defense against the rise of tyranny. Penn & Teller did a guns episode of Bulls Hit a while back, and that was the first thing they said about it. I was giggling like a flucking schoolgirl when I saw that episode, because I felt like someone was telling a secret.

PistolPackingMomma

Interesting how the interviewer completely avoids answering that question "If everyone had a gun, would you want to be the only one here without a gun?"

Go Ice-T! Now if only he could wipe that "Law and Order" business from his resume...

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
But when I say the same thing to my gov't officials I am deemed a dangerous person. :lol:

And look at my avatar .. its a face only a mother could love ....

Last edited:

NAVYBLUE

so the title was supposed to be a word that when shortened is the name for a popular garden tool, but I guess the forum bots didn't like it, so let's say I'm a youtube freak

I'm sorry guys, but I find stuff on you tube all the time that I think you all would find interesting. Here's rapper Ice-T's take on gun control. I may not agree with everything he's done in his past, but he certainly get a tip from my hat on this one.

[video=youtube;-GwIbyp4xBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GwIbyp4xBU[/video]

Yea, I'm a YouTube***** also. Are there meetings we are supposed to go to or something? Saw this yesterday, was going to post it but got sidetracked by gkids out east here(MD/PA/CT) we are visiting for the summer. MISS the DRY heat !!!!

I thought he was righteous and right on. I think many Americans have never read the Federalist papers and need too. They would learn a lot of why the forefathers wrote the way they did and why laws were written to protect the people from the government and not the other way around.

"When the people fear the government, you have tyranny"

"When the government fears the people, you have FREEDOM"

NAVYBLUE

OC for ME

Ice-T has a fixation on the 'pol-esse' as is evident at the 0:52 mark. This could be a hold over from his 'Classic Ice-T' days in gangsta rap. But, he is completely right regarding the tyranny thing.

vegaspassat

Ice-T has a fixation on the 'pol-esse' as is evident at the 0:52 mark. This could be a hold over from his 'Classic Ice-T' days in gangsta rap. But, he is completely right regarding the tyranny thing.

IMHO I think he's completely right about the police as well.

Merlin

I think the police themselves are not inherently evil. They are people like you and me. What is wrong is the training and standards that they are (not) held to. I think there is a real chance of fixing this. It may take years or even decades, but it is possible to get them on the right track. Its going to take people like us with video and audio getting our rights violated. Mitchell Crooks comes to mind. Ultimately, the large part of the problem with many cops is that they are trained to use bullying tactics to accomplish their goals. That has to change. When the police respect their constituency like they do their boss, that is an excellent step in the right direction.

Thus I try to not throw around generalizations about police. The problems are bigger than that, and laying it squarely on the lowest man on the totem pole is not the answer. He is not released from responsibility, however, it's his bosses boss that I want in a sling.

This is where Oath Keepers fits in.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

vegaspassat

I think the police themselves are not inherently evil.
Thus I try to not throw around generalizations about police.

You are correct, thus why I said "In My Humble Opinion" and I made no generalizations about LEO. But please note that always in the back of my mind is the wonderful saying "Who will watch the watchmen?"

Ice-T in '92... "Ice T keeps guns in his kids room"

Again, IMHO I see nothing wrong here.

"You'll never have justice on stolen land."

This is actually a reference to a song by another rapper named KRS-one. The undertone of the reference is not so much literal as it is lyrical (as well as metaphorical), for what the song as a whole represented. Did you feel that? I just dropped some knowledge on you lmao!

In any case-regardless of what Ice-t said 20 years ago about keeping guns in his kid's room or his opinion about the poe-lease, I am happy to hear someone of his stature dropping knowledge on pundits as to the TRUE purpose of gun ownership - to protect the everyday man from a tyrannical government.

carsontech

Activist Member
I never said anything negative about the video I posted, and don't see too much wrong with anything in it, myself. I just thought it was interesting, so I posted it.