• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not sure what to make of this article....

OC for ME

I think its pretty much right down the "anti v pro" middle....
Not even close, very anti-gun.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,6143128.story So, let's talk about it. Let's look at how many times crimes have been prevented by honest citizens bearing arms.
Uh, let's not, you will just be embarrassed considering that the 'statistics' are on the side of liberty, the law abiding, and the 2A.

Let's also consider the statistics that show deaths caused by guns, including suicides, are more common in regions of the country where gun laws are the most lax.
CITE please!!!!

Uh, suicides? Really? Suicides don't happen any other way than buy a firearm? Other than a few isolated pockets, firearms in the home are legal and the lawful carry of a firearm is wide spread.....where is the blood in the streets that you obviously allude to.

Let's have a reasoned discussion that acknowledges the right to bear arms and also recognizes that every one of our liberties has a limit.
Sure, how about we limit your free speech rights to only having a opinion based on the telling the truth and not providing opinion based on phantom, cherry picked 'facts'.

Let's try to craft sensible gun regulations that promote public safety in circumstances we can predict, even if they cannot stop the unpredictable, random horror of a gunman who has slipped past the boundaries of civilized life.
There currently are a great many laws and regulations on the books in Colorado and not a single one would have stopped slaughter in Aurora. So, your request has been granted.....already.

The problem with crime and criminals, Dave, is that you, I, LE nor our elected 'leaders' can predict what a criminal will do, when he will do it, and where he will do it. Law abiding citizens on the other hand are not so encumbered with free will and a lack of compassion for the law.....but you, dave, and your loony-lib-sock-puppet bretheren already know this.....don't you.