• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas man accidentally fires gun in Walmart

bullseye

Campaign Veteran
A Texas man injured two people and himself after he accidentally fired his handgun Monday night while standing on line at a Walmart store, police said...

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/24/texas-man-accidentally-fires-gun-in-walmart/

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer; he has a CHL, but took off running after the ND.

Open carry could have prevented this [if Texas allowed it!]..., but he probably wasn't using a holster anyway.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Things like this don't help "the cause" a whole lot...I hope Walmart doesn't use such isolated incidents to review their customers-carrying-guns (OC or CC) policy. It's amazing though how many people just seem to have their guns "just go off" all by itself...the clown must have been doing something wrong.

Of course here in TX, we can only CC (yes, OC is illegal in TX) so who knows how many customers in a Walmart here any given time are armed. I guess if there is ever a psycho-shooter in a Walmart here, we'll find out when -- or IF -- there is any response from an armed customer(s).

Hope there is at least ONE armed citizen to respond -- unlike NONE in that Aurora, CO, theater...

Last edited:

Jack House

MyFoxDFW.com reported that the suspect, who was not identified, accidentally fired his gun while he reached into his wallet at the Dallas-area store. The bullet hit the man in the buttock and shattered on the ground. Fragments hit a child in the leg and a woman in the foot, the report said.
I'm guessing what they meant is that he was reaching for his wallet.

I want to know what kind of gun it was and whether he had a holster. I doubt he did, it's also pretty likely that the gun was cocked. I mean, how do you accidentally pull an 8lbs trigger?

What I'm thinking is that it was cocked, not in a holster and obviously no numb safety was engaged if there was one. The biggest mistake of all is that he kept it so damned close to his wallet. There's a reason I keep my wallet and gun on opposite sides.

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
He may be keeping the gun in the same pocket with his money for tactical reason: When he gets robbed/mugged, in order to get his $$ to hand over to the criminal, he has to reach into the same pocket that also holds his gun. Just a guess...

Personaly, I tell people who carry Pocket Pistols to have NOTHING ELSE in that pocket, just the gun (preferably, in a pocket-holster for proper orientation for drawing).

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

He may be keeping the gun in the same pocket with his money for tactical reason: When he gets robbed/mugged, in order to get his $$ to hand over to the criminal, he has to reach into the same pocket that also holds his gun. Just a guess...

Personaly, I tell people who carry Pocket Pistols to have NOTHING ELSE in that pocket, just the gun (preferably, in a pocket-holster for proper orientation for drawing).

From the video the gun did not look like a pocket size pistol, more of a medium sized plastic type gun, which would probably make it a DAO gun. What a dinky dow. When will these people learn to keep their finger off the trigger, and carry money in a front pocket. The gun should have been in a holster, or even the waistband would have been better.