Thread: can Md residents OC in Va

can Md residents OC in Va

So I want to OC in Va but was worried about not being a resident of Va....Will I be breaking the law if stopped by the police???

Welcome to OCDO. Welcome to Virginia -provided you behave like a Virginian and not a Marylander.

OC is allowed inVirginia because there is no law saying you cannot OC. There are some places you cannot carry at all and you can not carry in our General Assembly Building without a CHP.

If you tell us more about yourself and where in the Commonwealth you will be doing most of your OCing we can probably help you betterunderstand how things are done here.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Thanks for the reply....Well I live in PG county and I travel to Virginia Beach periodically but mainly would go into the Alexandria area or the Northern Neck area. I am pursuing to get my CHP in VA. I was just informed that MD is starting to accept applications for CHP, but we'll see how that goes.

Come across the border. Old town is nice to walk on the weekends and always having some type of events. Plus I have very rarely even had even a funny stare carrying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber_Olafsun View Post
    Come across the border. Old town is nice to walk on the weekends and always having some type of events. Plus I have very rarely even had even a funny stare carrying there.

Thanks....What about movie theaters??? I thought I saw a sign posted no firearms allowed at Regal in Potomac Yards the last time I went there a couple of months ago.

The theaters are mostly posted. They usually have them out of normal sight but still posted. I have a 46 inch tv and with movies coming out so soon after they come out in theaters my home is becoming a theater.