• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

can Md residents OC in Va

jas40cal

So I want to OC in Va but was worried about not being a resident of Va....Will I be breaking the law if stopped by the police???

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO. Welcome to Virginia -provided you behave like a Virginian and not a Marylander.

OC is allowed inVirginia because there is no law saying you cannot OC. There are some places you cannot carry at all and you can not carry in our General Assembly Building without a CHP.

If you tell us more about yourself and where in the Commonwealth you will be doing most of your OCing we can probably help you betterunderstand how things are done here.

stay safe.

jas40cal

Thanks for the reply....Well I live in PG county and I travel to Virginia Beach periodically but mainly would go into the Alexandria area or the Northern Neck area. I am pursuing to get my CHP in VA. I was just informed that MD is starting to accept applications for CHP, but we'll see how that goes.

jas40cal

Come across the border. Old town is nice to walk on the weekends and always having some type of events. Plus I have very rarely even had even a funny stare carrying there.

Thanks....What about movie theaters??? I thought I saw a sign posted no firearms allowed at Regal in Potomac Yards the last time I went there a couple of months ago.

Uber_Olafsun

The theaters are mostly posted. They usually have them out of normal sight but still posted. I have a 46 inch tv and with movies coming out so soon after they come out in theaters my home is becoming a theater.