• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scotsman lecturing us on weapons possession.

Beau

There is a thread over on COGO where a Scotsman is lecturing us on firearms ownership. He's pretty long winded and I thought of you M-T. Maybe you would like to have go at him. He did state he had gotten banned from other forums. Here is the thread.

http://www.cogunowners.com/showthread.php?tid=1044

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Edited for spelling corrections. Stupid auto correct.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Troll.....not you, that repressed and jealous Scotsman. I've been to Scotland, they continue to enjoy their subjugation under the Crown as long as their ale supply is not interrupted.

Ask the dude "how is that no guns thing working out in Ireland, the norther part that is."

Not very nice of me but sometimes the truth is not pretty.

thunderbolt

I got through the first few of his posts...

I couldn't take any more.

He should stick to politics in the UK and being a good little Subject.

Probably a reason we kicked the English out of our country, not to mention a huge reason we have the 2A to begin with,

Even if he is Scottish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mobiushky

All of his arguments are predicated on the notion that making something illegal means people will not do it. Ban every single type of firearm and magazine size. Then when the guy comes in with the automatic weapon and 100 round mag and kills EVERY SINGLE person in the theater, what next? BG's don't follow rules. I think this whole "killing a person" part pretty much makes that obvious.

Wait, maybe we should make it illegal to kill someone else. That would stop all murder right?

Scotsman

...not to be confused with me please...my ancestors landed on these shores in 1653 and proudly fought for American independence. I am a huge 2A proponent and have owned firearms most of my life.

Just wanted to make sure we are all clear on who is who on this forum!

Beau

...not to be confused with me please...my ancestors landed on these shores in 1653 and proudly fought for American independence. I am a huge 2A proponent and have owned firearms most of my life.

lol. Sorry, I forgot there was someone here with the username Scotsman.

Scotsman

lol. Sorry, I forgot there was someone here with the username Scotsman.

No problem...just wanted to clarify I am the Scotsman who is a huge fan of firearms...was gonna say "gun nut" but that term probably doesn't carry the most positive connotation!

Actually it's difficult to fathom a "real" Scotsman who isn't a freedom loving scrapper!?! He just HAS to be a phony!

KBCraig

Actually it's difficult to fathom a "real" Scotsman who isn't a freedom loving scrapper!?! He just HAS to be a phony!
No, sadly, he doesn't have to be. He's quite representative of Scotland today.

Your ancestors got here about 80 years before mine. I've decided that every Scotsman worth a spit left the island long ago. Today's Scotland is a nation of sheep bleating for independence from the UK, so the Scottish parliament may freely engage in even worse predations upon the Scots than the Brits ever dreamed of.

since9

Campaign Veteran

You and I may have disagreed in the past, but I'm with you 100%.

Scotsman

You and I may have disagreed in the past, but I'm with you 100%.

....pretty unsure about that...I haven't been on this forum very long...2 weeks at most. Frankly I have neither the energy nor the desire to argue with people on the interweb. I get enough of that at home... :p