• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun sales up 41%

Wolfstanus

Looks like I'm joining the bandwagon again. I bought my AR/eotech when I heard Obamarama was going to do an "assault" weapon ban.

All I have to say to people is be careful when buying a weapon during these things. There's quite a number of dealers who are willing to rip people off for a profit. I myself was riped off with my purchase.

On another note I'll probably pick me up another nagant next week. Probably an M44.

Bellum_Intus

I have 2 people taking a shotgun class from me, I had 7 inquiries on defensive shooting class I have (I don't have the class 100% ready) and my office has asked me to give our employees a situational awareness class (i'm donating that class.. free.. my choice) with a firearms class following for those who want the training.

--Rob

skopro

I have 2 people taking a shotgun class from me, I had 7 inquiries on defensive shooting class I have (I don't have the class 100% ready) and my office has asked me to give our employees a situational awareness class (i'm donating that class.. free.. my choice) with a firearms class following for those who want the training.

--Rob

How much does your CCW class run? i have a buddy plus me interested.. Also have a newly acquired ak74, might be fun to do a run n gun.

Bellum_Intus

How much does your CCW class run? i have a buddy plus me interested.. Also have a newly acquired ak74, might be fun to do a run n gun.

I do not give CHP classes (yet) .. however my trainer does (yes, I have a trainer lol) he's a tad expensive on his CHP classes. 185 I believe. he does Basic pistol classes that do not go into as much detail as the CHP classes (NRA basic pistol) I believe that's 100. His CHP classes cover Utah and Colorado and cover the cost of fingerprinting for Utah and picture. You can get a non resident permit for Utah after your CO is approved. Will cover 36 states I believe.

Anyway, he's got a class 28/29th this month, not sure on his next class for CHP.

I am still awaiting my NRA instructor class so I just provide Defensive Shooting at the moment.

--Rob

mahkagari

I bought my AR/eotech when I heard Obamarama was going to do an "assault" weapon ban.

Where did you hear that? Gun control is such a divisive issue, it would be career suicide to push it now. Perlmutter, you remember you represent Colorado, right? With gun sales up, I don't think people are interested in voting for someone proposing more control.

The part about reporting gun sales that I like, is that it protects those who don't even buy one. BGs back it way down when, holy $#!+, the odds of these civilians being able to protect themselves doesn't favor them.

Wolfstanus

I heard this and saw pamphlets at specialty sports and supply a few years ago after he first went in office.It was false though and I took the hype/bait. Thus being riped off.

Last edited:

mahkagari

I heard this and saw pamphlets at specialty sports and supply a few years ago after he first went in office.

From the people monetarily motivated to sell people the weapons? I really get sick of that. I go to the gun show and hear the sellers laughing to eachother about how much their fear mongering is driving sales. There's one woman's table I refuse to buy anything at because every five minutes, no matter who is in office, she says, "Better get them now before they're outlawed!"

For years I've looked at strike-anywhere matches at another guy's table and EVERY time he tells me, "Yeah, buy a bunch because the EPA has declared them hazmat and you can't buy them anywhere else!" And EVERY time I tell him, "I just saw them in the supermarket last week." And EVERY time he says, "Yeah, they're just running out their stock. Go back next week and you won't see 'em!"

M-Taliesin

I go to the gun show and hear the sellers laughing to eachother about how much their fear mongering is driving sales. "

Howdy Mahk!
Fear mongering! Yeah, there's been plenty of that since Obama came to office. But it was there before that. G.W. was the recipient of more than his fair share of slander too, the most outrageous being he was mastermind of the 911 attacks! Remember the fear mongering alarmists back then? Detention camps, even citizens can be taken and disappeared, U.N. Troops in American cities (anybody seen anything of them guys yet????), and a host of other hyperbole. Seems whoever moves into the White House inherits a target on their back. Hey folks... those are just guys trying to do a job, and the fact they can't please each and every American is no grounds to transform each new President into the Antichrist!

Okay, got that off my chest.

None of us should ever succumb to fear.

"Though I walk through the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for my .45 1911 is always with me!"

Blessings,
M-Taliesin