• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Castle Rock Meet & Greet - August 4th (FINALLY)

Scotsman

I think my rooster just grew another pecker!

FWIW...which may not amount to a plug nickel...I vote for cookin' out at the place in Franktown about 2pm. Not to come off as a huge turgid member here but can we get a final decision or at least a concensus here? Otherwise I'm gonna be riding my Harley in circles all day!

M-Taliesin

now we are gonna do three places?

I think we do one spot at noon this month and another next month, otherwise it gets to complicated and moving a group of folks around gets confusing, I at first liked the two place idea but as I think of it do ya wanna eat twice that close together.

My .02 pick one for the 4th and lets getter planned

ch

Howdy Pard!
I never said anything about a 3rd venue. I don't know that you really took a good look at what I wrote.
I said that IF Pegasus can accomodate us for breakfast at 9am, peachy neat.
If not, then Village Inn may be a reasonable alternative with Pegasus being the site for our next M&G
And we can still do the bar-b-que in Franktown in the afternoon.

Since Pegasus has shown graciousness, we should give them first dibs at breakfast, unless they just can't swing it for us.
If they can't, then we can do a meet and greet there at another date.
But we're still talking only 2 meets, and that's a maybe, not something I suggested as a certainty.
Some folks may make a breakfast meet, but cannot hit the afternoon one.
Others may be free in the afternoon, but unable to make breakfast.
Due to the serious issues we need to discuss, we want to include as many as we can, as soon as we can.

But we're still talking 2.... never said 3.... possible meets on the same day.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

I think my rooster just grew another pecker!

FWIW...which may not amount to a plug nickel...I vote for cookin' out at the place in Franktown about 2pm. Not to come off as a huge turgid member here but can we get a final decision or at least a concensus here? Otherwise I'm gonna be riding my Harley in circles all day!

Howdy Pard!
I defer to the folks who are trying to put something together. I like both ideas, but obviously, we don't want to conflict between 2 events at the same time.
So, how about we vote on it? I'll create a poll and see if that works. But before we do that, let's see if Pegasus can accomodate us for breakfast. If so, we can go to Frankktown after breakfast and spend an afternoon out there.

If Pegasus cannot accomodate us, and a conflict exists between the two venues, then we need a vote of those interested in attending.
But before your rooster starts counting eggs ain't hatched yet, let's see what the word is about Pegasus first.
The man working with Pegasus has been trying to set up a meet for awhile, so let's see if he can pull a rooster out of the hat.

The guys in Franktown are terrific, and I support their effort too. I'd like to see both a breakfast meet and an afternoon affair happen, but we need to learn the situation with Pegasus first. If they cannot accomodate us for breakfast, then I'd suggest we postpone their location for another day and hit Franktown. Them's my opinions, for whatever they're worth.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

FPS

I like to sleep in!

now we are gonna do three places?

I think we do one spot at noon this month and another next month, otherwise it gets to complicated and moving a group of folks around gets confusing, I at first liked the two place idea but as I think of it do ya wanna eat twice that close together.

My .02 pick one for the 4th and lets getter planned

ch

Bump... one place this month, another next.

Getting me anywhere by 9AM is like trying to start a diesel truck on a cold winter morning when the circuit breaker flipped off the block heater in the middle of the night. Breakfast or BBQ, no sooner than noon or two for me ;-) ...and whenever the breakfast dealio goes, I prefer VI.... better food and parking IMHO.

I say Franktown this month, Village Inn next month..... and bring your AR's on a sling and your shiniest sidearm on your hip!

Maybe a camping chair and a beach umbrella too! Well... at least the chairs... standing for too long gets old pretty fast.... or take the pickup and do the tailgate thing, but bring something for the Harley riders to sit on besides their bikes... I hate getting mustard on the leather :-o

FPS out.

Bellum_Intus

Bump... one place this month, another next.

I say Franktown this month, Village Inn next month..... and bring your AR's on a sling and your shiniest sidearm on your hip!

FPS out.

Will you allow this? lol

mtf7.jpg

Attachments

• mtf5.jpg
    mtf5.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

zach

I'd say pick one place only.

For those of us who work all week and only see the kiddos a few hours before bedtime, the weekends are family time and shooting a whole day, not that everyone isn't a likable person, is not remotely possible.

That's my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zach

Maybe a camping chair and a beach umbrella too! Well... at least the chairs... standing for too long gets old pretty fast.... or take the pickup and do the tailgate thing, but bring something for the Harley riders to sit on besides their bikes... I hate getting mustard on the leather :-o

FPS out.

Maybe a drip pan for those H-D's? We don't want to ruin the asphalt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bellum_Intus

I presume you mean the rifle and not actual shooting, so....

Not only allowed, but heartily encouraged, since all totally tricked out ARs will be PERSONALLY inspected!

;-)

That's just it! I am the one and only defensive shooting instructor who doesn't OWN an AR :p .. that's a mini... heh..

--Rob

cch10000

Good to see some humor for a change on the forum,

Mel nutin meant bad just saw it goin from 1 to 2 to,,, VI,, Peg,, and Franktown,, lions and tigers and bears oh my

What great response and fun to see us tryin to decide between places and times ,,,maybe we need more of these

Rob bring your AR I live 3 miles away from the store and we(all) can burn a few rounds after, at least once you are full of pie

My vote Franktown noon Sat the 4th

ch

Bellum_Intus

Good to see some humor for a change on the forum,

Mel nutin meant bad just saw it goin from 1 to 2 to,,, VI,, Peg,, and Franktown,, lions and tigers and bears oh my

What great response and fun to see us tryin to decide between places and times ,,,maybe we need more of these

Rob bring your AR I live 3 miles away from the store and we(all) can burn a few rounds after, at least once you are full of pie

My vote Franktown noon Sat the 4th

ch

I'll bring my Mini (SINCE I DON'T HAVE AN AR! lol) .. :p .. and pies are meant to feed my Beretta.. lol.. Mel likes fruitcake for some reason in his big shiny gun.. :p

--Rob

PS.. I beg everyone for brass to make these: I'm a brass junkie.. aka, cheap date

223reload.jpg

Last edited:

jskp229

Cancellation...

Guys,

It isn't looking like two events in one day are going to fly. I'm pulling the plug on the Pegasus location until a future date. Also, I was made aware that Tanner was on the 4th too for anyone that wanted to go in the morning.

So, my suggestion is this thread should close & CCH should start a new one on the specifics on the other location.

Thanks all & we'll revisit this in the future.

JSK

Last edited:

cch10000

Hey John

Already done but not by me

Sean started one for his event on the 4th hope to see you there and we can maybe get a date next month at the Peg.

Hope to see everyone in Franktown on the 4th

CHarlie

PFC HALE

i have to bail this time, i got hit with work stuff i need to come in for. Ill try to make the next one.