• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Castle Rock Meet & Greet - August 4th (FINALLY)

jskp229

Guys,

It isn't looking like two events in one day are going to fly. I'm pulling the plug on the Pegasus location until a future date. Also, I was made aware that Tanner was on the 4th too for anyone that wanted to go in the morning.

So, my suggestion is this thread should close & CCH should start a new one on the specifics on the other location.

Thanks all & we'll revisit this in the future.

JSK

----------------------------
I didn't want to step on the other thread, but as M-T said just do it... I'm the one M-T keeps poking at that asked to setup a M&G in Castle Rock while we were at the start of the Waldo fire M&G, but have been absent recently.

I have confirmed a site for a M&G in the Castle Rock area. I just spoke to management this morning & he would be happy to have us. They are a small family owned restaurant that serves an American, Mexican & Greek menu that is not too expensive. They have an area of the restaurant he would give us so we can have our usual interactions without creating too much impact on the masses.

Restaurant Link - http://www.pegasusrestaurantcastlerock.com/

The restaurant is Pegasus Restaurant in downtown Castle Rock. It is at 313 Jerry Street 80104. This is about 5 minutes off either the Plum Creek Exit 181 coming from the South or Wolfensberger Exit 182 coming from the North. So, this should work for those from both the South & North groups not to have to travel too far.

Map Link - http://binged.it/Ol6UIS

Given some past feedback, the most requested time was on a weekend. This combined with Saturday afternoons are good for the hosting restaurant.

So, all said & not to to hard on the OP, I propose we do a M&G on Saturday, August 4th at 2p. I have confirmed the date with the restaurant. If we wait any longer, we will run into the Douglas County Fair traffic.

Please let me know if you are coming as I need to give them an estimate.

Thanks & sorry I was so slow on getting this together.

JSK

Last edited:

jskp229

Tonight cch10k & I spoke. Given the potential conflict for dates, we decided to let the group speak. We can do one location this month & the other later. Tell us what you want to do in August. He & I will go whatever way the majority chooses.

Please tell us what you want.

Thanks.
jsk

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Well, ain't this odd. First we have no plans for a meet and greet, then we had somebody investigating a location for a meet and greet, then we hadn't heard from somebody so another stepped forward to offer to set it up, then word came that the guys at Franktown Firearms offered to host one with grilling and such at their location, when a new post appears announcing the first person finally secured a location and suddenly we have schedule conflict! Oh my... sorta like feast or famine!

Do not take the above as me busting anybody's chops here, that ain't my intent. I just thought it ironic how on the same day, we ended up with more than one member ready to host a Meet and Greet! Sorta takes a guy by surprise.

With all that as preamble, I have a strong desire to have two when both members (or three, or four) have put effort into the whole planning thing.
So, I am going to make a suggestion, and please don't think I've gone crazy with this suggestion.

Why not have breakfast in Castle Rock, with an afternoon gathering at Franktown for grilling grub? We could do both, don'cha know.
An early breakfast in Castle Rock would be easy for quite a few to attend, and some of those (if not all) would be in the vicinity to also take the ride over to Franktown for afternoon festivities. Some folks might be able to attend one or the other, but not both. Some folks might be able to attend in the afternoon, but not the morning, and others might make the morning brunch, but not be able to visit Franktown. By having both events, we can reach more people, and cover more issues that need to be discussed together. The more accomodating we can be, the more OC'ers we'll be able to connect with.

We really need to cover a range of issues on the agenda right now. Among them is the suggestion for a demonstration of some sort to show we, as gun owners, are strongly behind the victims of the Midnight Madness Massacre. We also need to explore response to calls for more gun controls. We might also explore how to reach media resources to seek coverage of our perspective, which appears to be less represented in coverage locally than those who hope to restrict 2a rights in Colorado as a result of the tragedy.

The more we can reach, the more we can share opinions, ideas and plans, the better!

What do you folks think of that suggestion?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

GAMER80116

Hi all!

This is Sean with Franktown Firearms. I see that we may have a little dilemma on our hands, haha. We are very excited to host an Open Carry Barbecue, as e have been thinking of doing something like this for a while now. Of course, we were thinking of having it on August 4th as well (what a convenient coincidence lol).
If that works for everyone, then please let us know who would be planning to come so we know how many brats and hot dogs we need to supply. If anyone does want to bring anything, drinks such as pop and bottled water would be great, as the pattern of heat we have been getting tend to make people drink a lot of fluids! Just let us know if that is what everyone wants to do, as we have plenty of parking and space to accommodate all who want to come. If that works out, just give me the word and we will post a thread about it and get a head count. If we need to postpone, that is fine too. We look forward to meeting everyone in the near future either way! Thanks!

Sean

Last edited:

wmodavis

I'm in and would even do both a breakfast and afternoon options. I'll stay tuned to see how this gels out.
Bill

Bellum_Intus

I can do an all day thing if it's not tooooo early..

I've got range qual on the 5th, so the 4th is perfect for me..
As long as someone feeds my skinny... yeah ... I'm happy =p

--Rob

PFC HALE

im free that day and ill make a day trip to attend it all. i should have my holster in this week or next and ready!

jskp229

M-T has an interesting suggestion. Unfortunetly, the location has a conflict that morning & we probably wouldn't get the space.

I think we would be better picking one or the other. As long as we cancel soon, we ca reschedule for another day.

What does everyone want to do?

Excuse the brevity, but this is from mt tablet & I dislike this keyboard.

Keens

I like the idea of a breakfast M&G then go to Franktown Firearms for for an OC BBQ. That way folks would be able to attend both if they want to instead of choosing one or the other. I believe the larger our group, the better and more fun. If the CR location needs to be changed, I know the CR Village Inn is accommodating of firearms, my CHL class was there. I'll keep checking this thread to see what you guys want to do and I will mark my calendar.

Blessings,

Keens

cch10000

I thought the idea of a double Meet was a good also BUT since Peagasus isn't available in the AM looks like we have an afternnon meet at either Franktown or Castle Rock on Aug 4

Which do Ya'll want to do???

cch

Bellum_Intus

I thought the idea of a double Meet was a good also BUT since Peagasus isn't available in the AM looks like we have an afternnon meet at either Franktown or Castle Rock on Aug 4

Which do Ya'll want to do???

cch

Flip a coin, 82 miles from me to Franktown, about 85 to CR.. same same =)

--Rob

AcePlayerDeluxe

Dang... gonna be in Leadville... If I were to go though (my opinion probably doesnt matter here) I like the idea of breakfast and lunch D-M&G (double meet & greet). Have fun all and hopefully see you at the next one.

jskp229

Morning & afternoon M&G

OK guys, the thread is running strongly toward a morning & afternoon meet. I'll ask the owner again if there is anyway he can accommodate us for breakfast.

I also hear, not too early - how about 9a?

Let me know & I'll give it another run.

JSK

FPS

Let's be SEEN!

Howdy Folks... Mike here from Franktown Firearms.

It makes a lot more sense to me to meet at our shop which has plenty of space for parking and mingling outside; is near a busy intersection, where we will be seen by many people, as opposed to inside a dark restaurant, where we would be secluded in a back room and hidden from the general public. If by some miracle it turns out to be a rainy day, we have plenty of space in the area that is the future site of our shooting range, and we would still be visible to passers-by.

Let's encourage others by being seen.

If folks want to go to Pegasus, that's fine for the "meet n greet" aspect, but we still would love to have as many folks as possible, stop on by for more mingling and food and drink.

Be safe out there!

Scotsman

--Partial Moderator editing-- Where is everybody meeting and what time on the 4th?

Last edited by a moderator:

M-Taliesin

So......--Partial Moderator editing-- Where is everybody meeting and what time on the 4th?

Howdy Amigo!
It's a nice problem to have. We go for long periods with no meet and greets, then WHAM! We got a plethora of 'em.

Here is another suggestion, for whatever it is worth.
How about breakfast at Village Inn, unless Pegasus is okay with a 9am meet up.
If Pegasus is good for 9am, then that'd be terrific.
Or if they'd be pleased to postpone our meet at their location, we might meet there the following week or the one after that.
Breakfast, meet for discussion of issues affecting us as gun owners and open carriers.

Then the bar-b-que in Franktown at 2pm for a meet and be seen affair.
I like the idea of a visual impact on the surrounding community that this would have.
We've talked about a demonstration of some sort, perhaps this is the venue for it!

Meanwhile, I am trying to let the guys who are in the area work up the details. I just wanna be one of the herd, not the big bull!
Too many folks claim I already got enough bull for twenty other folks, so I need to be more circumspect! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited by a moderator:

cch10000

now we are gonna do three places?

I think we do one spot at noon this month and another next month, otherwise it gets to complicated and moving a group of folks around gets confusing, I at first liked the two place idea but as I think of it do ya wanna eat twice that close together.

My .02 pick one for the 4th and lets getter planned

ch