Thread: Wow - a pawn shop in Huntington reports all firearm sales to the local PD

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar

Wow - a pawn shop in Huntington reports all firearm sales to the local PD

http://www.wowktv.com/story/19091882...eside-gun-laws

Gun dealers at Bug Buck's Pawn shop in Huntington say they abide by all laws when it comes to people buying their guns.

General manager Douglass Mills says he treats both his customers and the law with respect when dealing in firearms.

He says whenever someone pawns, sells, or buys a gun that there is a lot of paperwork to do.

Customers must have a valid driver's license and fill out a federal form when dealing with guns of any kind.

Once a customer is approved they can buy or sell a gun, then that information goes into a registry.

Their guns are kept behind barred windows and locked doors for safety purposes.

They also report each gun sold to Huntington police so they can have that information in their records.

Mills says he wants people to know that they support any and all gun laws to help keep the public safe.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    They don't keep them locked up "for safety" , they do it because they are valuable. And notifying PD? Not required .. but most pawn shops are run by pseudo-thieves anyway ...

Good article .. lets people know what the company will do with their information ; I would not do business with them.

And you need no authorization to sell a gun, only to buy -- and they are reporting this too? Not required -- just a notation in their ffl book.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Voluntarily registering a gun/ gun owner with local police after a sale is despicable.
    I would never do business there.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand