• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow - a pawn shop in Huntington reports all firearm sales to the local PD

twoskinsonemanns

http://www.wowktv.com/story/19091882/local-gun-dealers-stand-beside-gun-laws

Gun dealers at Bug Buck's Pawn shop in Huntington say they abide by all laws when it comes to people buying their guns.

General manager Douglass Mills says he treats both his customers and the law with respect when dealing in firearms.

He says whenever someone pawns, sells, or buys a gun that there is a lot of paperwork to do.

Customers must have a valid driver's license and fill out a federal form when dealing with guns of any kind.

Once a customer is approved they can buy or sell a gun, then that information goes into a registry.

Their guns are kept behind barred windows and locked doors for safety purposes.

They also report each gun sold to Huntington police so they can have that information in their records.

Mills says he wants people to know that they support any and all gun laws to help keep the public safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
They don't keep them locked up "for safety" , they do it because they are valuable. And notifying PD? Not required .. but most pawn shops are run by pseudo-thieves anyway ...

Good article .. lets people know what the company will do with their information ; I would not do business with them.

And you need no authorization to sell a gun, only to buy -- and they are reporting this too? Not required -- just a notation in their ffl book.

twoskinsonemanns

Voluntarily registering a gun/ gun owner with local police after a sale is despicable.
I would never do business there.