Thread: Bill O'Reilly's gun control rant on Fox

Bill O'Reilly's gun control rant on Fox

Probably old news for most of us, as Bill O'Reilly is a known pro-big government neo-con who likes more laws, mandatory sentences and all other kinds of liberty-suppressing ideas. But what I saw today was way worse than usual.

He was hysterically screaming for new federal laws that would require people to report purchases of "heavy" weapons to FBI. I have no idea what "heavy" weapons are - but according to him they include RPGs, Howitzers, cannons, machine guns, AK-47s, assault rifles, full autos, semi autos, etc. He pulled out every strawman there is about guns and threw it out there in one big pile during his hysterical feat.

Oh, and apparently all of these things - from semi-autos to howitzers - can be bought at gun shows with no questions asked. The congressman he was interviewing was trying to explain differences between full autos and semi autos, private sales and FFLs, complete absence of artillery cannons on civilian gun market; but Bill wouldn't listen to anything - all "heavy" weapons and "mass" purchases of "heavy duty" ammunition must be reported to FBI.

The saddest thing is that he repeatedly claimed being pro-gun and a supporter of 2nd amendment while spewing this nonsense. Brady Bunch must be jealous! Enjoy: http://video.foxnews.com/v/1752177459001/

Bill O'Reilly is a moron. 'Nuff sed~

@billoreilly

Please learn what the difference is between a fully automatic and semi-auto.

And no, you cannot just buy a full-auto from any schmo at a gun show. Well, I suppose you could do this, but you would be breaking the law. You cannot transfer ownership of NFA firearms this way.

No, the shooter didn't buy 60,000 rounds, he bought 6,000 rounds, and if you knew much about gun owners in this country you would understand that this is a pretty small number relative to what many people have on hand.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Just like any opinion commentator, there are some things O'Reilly says with which I agree and some I don't. The biggest problem I have with him, other than his insidious interrupting of his guests, is the fact that he is not consistent in his opinions. Hannity is better and perhaps the best of the lot is Mark Levin. Mark is a strict constitutionalist which is also where I sit. He is the most grounded and consistent of the lot.

O'Reilly's rant in this video just shows that he is little different that most new people. Knows very little about firearms and the laws that affect them. One of the dead giveaways enabling you to immediately spot someone like this is when they refer to AR15's and civilian versions of AK47's as "assault rifles [or weapons]". As soon as they do this, their credibility is shot.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 07-25-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I felt a little sick when I saw him making such misleading false assertions about firearms. And then advocating that people's firearm/ammunition purchases be reported to and recorded by the FBI. Disgusting.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Bill O'Reilly is a moron. 'Nuff sed~
    Yuppers.

I think Bill just did a "Zumbo"!

I just sent him an E mail telling him in a nice way to learn before you speak.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I just sent him an E mail telling him in a nice way to learn before you speak.
    I'm sure he'll put that on top of his pile of 1MM of the other ones saying the same thing . Should call his boss.

O'reilly Oh, really?

Remember the first rule of video 'journalism'...make noise.

Bill is highly competent to do this. He may have simply misspoken about the '60,000' rounds of ammo, but that does not excuse
    his obvious lack of correct information on heavy weapons (?) and the rest.

His constant habit of interrupting a response is just juvenile.

I usually like what he says, but this seems to be some grandstanding. He needs others to see that he cares and is outraged = ratings. That's fine, but back the outrage up, with facts.
    Hoka hey

Campaign Veteran

No Spin Poll Question

The leprechaun, as Micheal Savage refers to him, has a No Spin Poll question: Should sales of heavy weapons be reported to the FBI?

Right now 66.31% have selected "No".
    Last edited by bullseye; 07-25-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: fix statistic
    "Rule 1: All Guns Are Always Loaded" - Jeff Cooper
    On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs - by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Wasn't he the one who was in favor of the Katrina gun confiscations?
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I am a Bill O'Reilly fan, been watching him for years. I always knew he was in favor of "some" gun control but his display tonight was HORRIFIC. He was ranting like a mad man and screaming and just not making any sense. He had just about all of his facts wrong and he cut off every answer that the congressman tried to give.
    In other words, it was just like every other episode of his show, except this was a topic where you disagree with him, and know he's incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    In other words, it was just like every other episode of his show, except this was a topic where you disagree with him, and know he's incorrect.
    +1 Even when I agree with whatever bile Bill O'Reilly is spewing, it's still bile and his behavior is just plain disgusting.

He might be respectable when compared to Nancy Grace, but that's like comparing a politician to Satan. Just because the politician's sins far exceed that of Satan, doesn't mean that Satan is a sweet little angel.

Wait, I might have that backwards. It's pretty hard to tell sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    +1

+1 Even when I agree with whatever bile Bill O'Reilly is spewing, it's still bile and his behavior is just plain disgusting.
    +1

Bill is a pinhead!

Can't stand this guy..... Total ******... Now I just hate him even more....

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    He might be respectable when compared to Nancy Grace, but that's like comparing a politician to Satan. Just because the politician's sins far exceed that of Satan, doesn't mean that Satan is a sweet little angel.

Wait, I might have that backwards. It's pretty hard to tell sometimes.
    HA! +1
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Theres an app for that

Morbid, If you have an android phone check out the Bill O'Reilly app, you can play select clips from that rant.

For a "No spin zone" he sure spun the amount of ammo to the Nth degree.