• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Levin Supports UN Ban

stainless1911

Banned
From Facebook MCRGO

[h=6]Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners[/h]about an hour ago

Sen. Carl Levin has indicated in an e-mail to MCRGO Director John Jordan that he supports ratification of the United Nation's Arm Trade Treaty stating, "I support ratification of a strong and effective ATT, and I look forward to working with the administration and my Senate colleagues to achieve that goal."

budlight

From Facebook MCRGO

[h=6]Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners[/h]about an hour ago

Sen. Carl Levin has indicated in an e-mail to MCRGO Director John Jordan that he supports ratification of the United Nation's Arm Trade Treaty stating, "I support ratification of a strong and effective ATT, and I look forward to working with the administration and my Senate colleagues to achieve that goal."

Not a shocker. He typically supports causes that favor low life and undesirables. What he fails to take into account is that the overwhelming majority of people committing crimes with firearms will not be affected by this as they don’t legally obtain their weapons.

This will look good to the anti gunners and keep the continued vote of the leeches as it won’t have any real affect on them.

detroit_fan

He needed to be voted out years ago. Why, oh why, can't we have term limits for US Senators?!

Why oh why do the residents of MI, the majority of whom support the 2A, continue to elect 2 senators who are both 1000% anti-gun?

Debbie is going to get re-elected again this year, i still don't understand how that is possible.

Yooper

At least here in the western U.P., we elect pro-gun republicans and democrats. When "shall-issue" was being debated in the years before passage, the house member for my district (a democrat) voted against it. Not because he was opposed to shall issue, he was opposed to all the GFZ's that were created in that particular bill. My current house rep (a republican) is a co-sponsor or hb5225...

On the downside, we don't have enough votes up here to counter the anti-gun mentality of down state, which leads us to the Levin's and Stabenows...

Haman J.T.

No surprise to me. His responses to my emails often are veiled anti-gun. He cosponsored the 1994 Ban. He is for "sensible" gun control. He shouldn't be in office.
Thats what he says in his replies to me whenever I contact him with a 2A request for support!It's like banging your head on a brick wall!My Reps,Levin,Levin and Stabenow DO NOT represent ME or any Constitutionally minded Citizen,and should be removed ASAP!