• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield OC Meet 'n Greet(Eat)

Boba Fett

Since us in Springfield and the surrounding area haven't had a meet-up since January, and since I'm going to go out to eat on my birthday, my first day of OC'ing, I thought I would invite my OCDO brothers and sisters. :)

Anyways, Me and some friends (some of whom will be OC'ing as well) are going to Los Vaqueros for dinner around 6:30 PM on Thursday, August 2nd. Los Vaqueros is located here -

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=active&ie=UTF-8&q=los+vaqueros+springfield+mo&fb=1&gl=us&hq=los+vaqueros&hnear=0x87cf62f745c8983f:0x6bfd6cb31e690da0,Springfield,+MO&cid=0,0,7064923993937941799&ei=1iUQUI6FDcL10gHl-4DYBw&ved=0CH0Q_BIwAA

I hope that some of you guys can make it out! Our last meet-up was a good time and it's been too long! :D

Redbaron007

So, how was the meet n greet? I had good intentions of going however wasn't sure when I would be back in town. Turns out I got back around 6ish.

How many showed up? Any issues from the restaurant?

REALteach4u

Have any of you talked to Grant that owns Grant's family restaraunt across from Lambert's? He's pro-2A, but out of courtesy call and talk to him or drop in and speak with him before holding an OC meet-and-greet at his place. The food has always been good and he takes great care of his customers. Sounds of Freedom range is rather close to his place as well, so you could eat then shoot....pssst...they have a rental counter.

Since I know him, if you folks would like me to inquire about an OC meet-and-greet I'll be happy to put in the call or stop in and talk to him face to face. Worst case is he says no.

Boba Fett

Only (and myself) Robert came. I had several friends and family there for my birthday as well. I'll post a pic of the cake my dad got me with a Glock printed on it. haha

Redbaron007

Only (and myself) Robert came. I had several friends and family there for my birthday as well. I'll post a pic of the cake my dad got me with a Glock printed on it. haha

Would like to see the cake.....sounds interesting!

I think after school starts, another meeting should be planned. Of course around my schedule!! :lol: :lol:

Boba Fett

Would like to see the cake.....sounds interesting!

I think after school starts, another meeting should be planned. Of course around my schedule!! :lol: :lol:

My friend took the pics and has not sent them to me yet. lol

I agree. I have lots of free time during almost the entire year. I went and ate at the Hibachi Buffet that replaced the Ryan's on Kearney yesterday. It was pretty awesome.

Redbaron007

My friend took the pics and has not sent them to me yet. lol

I agree. I have lots of free time during almost the entire year. I went and ate at the Hibachi Buffet that replaced the Ryan's on Kearney yesterday. It was pretty awesome.

Have you seen any stray cats or dogs in that area recently? :lol: :lol: :shocker:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Apparently it's the Democrat custom. :banana:

Feinstien, Clinton, and a host of others... buttugly, might as well represent them with a buttugly firearm!

/me ducks as the glock fanboy club begins attack.

:)

Boba Fett

Since we (currently, anyways) live in a free country, I will respect your freedom of weapons choice. Carry what you feel comfortable with. After all, you're only responsible for your safety, not the Glock fanboys'. ;)

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Feinstien, Clinton, and a host of others... buttugly, might as well represent them with a buttugly firearm!

/me ducks as the glock fanboy club begins attack. :lol:

:)

And what is wrong with buttugly? Isn't it in the eyes of the beholder? I'm sure someone thinks you and I fall into that category at some point! ;)

Just because they are ugly doesn't mean they don't work. :cool:

Just remember....you're still my hero!! :)