• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Newport News Picnic Sat, Sept. 15th, 2012

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
VCDL Picnic in Newport News announced!

The VCDL cordially invites the general public to a picnic at the Riverview Park in Newport News, VA on September the 15th from 11 AM until 2 PM. This is a family affair so bring the little ones along and enjoy the beautiful park. Food and drinks will be provided by the VCDL but attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to share if they so desire.

VCDL president Philip Van Cleave and Delegate Brenda Pogge will be speaking at the picnic. Delegate Pogge carried an important bill for VCDL this year, which allows local government employees to keep their firearms in their private vehicles while at work.

The Riverview Park is located at:'

125 City Farm Road, Newport News, Virginia 23602

http://mapq.st/NZ8OC5

PLEASE RSVP at this email address:

picnic.nn@vcdl.org

In the SUBJECT LINE put "RSVP n", where "n" is the number in your party.

Example: RSVP - 2

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You can count me in, so long as my wife isn't in labor! :dude:

Where are your priorities, man? ;)

You could explain to her that the ER in Newport News has delivered scads of babies without a whole lot of complications.

I'll bring a blender so you can enjoy all the picnic goodies. You bring your favorite straw.

stay safe.

MSC 45ACP

No Worries, Magik!

You can count me in, so long as my wife isn't in labor! :dude:

No worries, Magik Sack... I haven't caught a kid since the late 80's, but its like riding a bike...
You never forget how.
I'm sure there are a few other former or current EMT's that have some 'neo-nate' experience.
I have three Stork Pins around here somewhere...
Bring the Spousal Unit and we'll have a great time!

Riverside Hospital is a little over 3 miles away and Mary Immaculate is about 4 miles.
We look forward to meeting you. Hope you can make it.

MagiK_SacK

Well heck with everybody that knows how to catch a kid, we can just have her at the picnic! Then all we will need is a derringer to give the kid when she pops out!! :)

mk4

well heck with everybody that knows how to catch a kid, we can just have her at the picnic! Then all we will need is a derringer to give the kid when she pops out!! :)

yep! :)

IMG1.jpg

eta: congratulations on the baby. :)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
VCDL Picnic baby?

Maybe we can be godparents - that would give the new born a head start in life.:rolleyes:

Marco

The VCDL cordially invites the general public to a picnic at the Riverview Park in Newport News, VA on September the 15th

So nice of y'all to have a picnic on mine and John's Birthday... ;) Unfortunately, I'm going to be far far away from VA that day :(

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Confirmation instructions - send email

Please confirm
planned attendance by email to nnpicnic@vcdl.org.
In the subject line type: Yes and the number of people included. Example: Yes - 2

Remember though VCDL is supplying the primary food, drink and cake you may as always bring a covered dish or your "specialty" to share with others.

This will likely be the last picnic of the summer - let's make it a big success.

Last edited:

2a4all

So nice of y'all to have a picnic on mine and John's Birthday... ;) Unfortunately, I'm going to be far far away from VA that day :(

Speaking of birthdays, mine is four days after the picnic. All donations welcome. :D

Please confirm
planned attendance by email to nnpicnic@vcdl.org.
In the subject line type: Yes and the number of people included. Example: Yes - 2

Remember though VCDL is supplying the primary food, drink and cake you may as always bring a covered dish or your "specialty" to share with others.

This will likely be the last picnic of the summer - let's make it a big success.
My birthday is 2 days after the picnic.

Perhaps the VCDL Cake should be a birthday cake?:D