• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Correctional Officers

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Nikki-Black -

Are you looking to establish not a thread but a section where corrections officers could discuss OC? And why not allow cops and private security guards and former CO/LEO/PSG to join in?

Oh! Wait! There are whole boards where those types can discuss things amongst themselves. Admittedly they seem to be rather negative about OC, but maybe if you discussed OCing there they might see some of the errors in their current thinking.

Speaking for myself, I just do not see a need for a separate section here at OCDO. I could be wrong. A way to find out would be for you to set up a poll and then present the results to John and Mike.

stay safe.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Ditto. Not sure how open carry and corrections officers relate. When you're off-duty and OCing you're just a plain old citizen like everybody else....

Jack House

From thread to section is a pretty large leap, the OP explicitly stated this thread and there is nothing in the OP about wanting a new section. This individual is clearly just looking to discuss life as a correctional officer with other OCDO members that are also correctional officers. I see no need for the hate.

1245A Defender

I just say Wow!!

Nicki Black did not start a thread about how COs carry guns or go shooting..

He Started a thread just to identify by name and job site, corrections officers!

He is crazy as a bed bug.
I dont think anyone here would want to announce our true identity and place where we can be found, by anybody!!!

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
Anybody can find out info about pretty much anybody else at any given point in time, I'm not worried about giving out my name and place of work. I just wanted to connect with other people who have the same views as me when it comes to firearms and who have the same job as me. Other than a couple of people, I see that everybody thinks that this isn't worth a thread.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
.... Other than a couple of people, I see that everybody thinks that this isn't worth a thread.

I think that is because the common thread is views on firearms, as opposed to being in the same occupational field.

Now, a discussion about why we here support OC when so many others in the same occupational field oppose it would IMHO be worthwhile. We would still have the opportunity to mention where we work.

stay safe.

jbone

Front stage/Backstage behavior.

Many people on the forum, well my guess, are displaying backstage, and would rather not have the boss, or co-workers dropping in. Would tarnish or even blow their frontstage at work.

Just a guess!

Last edited:

KBCraig

With the amount of Cop-Haters on this forum,

NEVER!
Lulz.

Dood, check my earlier post in this thread. Check my user name. Hell, google it.

Don't be skurrd. It's impossible to be online at all, and still live in the dark. The more measures you take, the more clues you leave, just like someone trying to commit the "perfect crime".

If you wouldn't say it with your name attached, don't say it at all.