• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I kow this is a little far outta Wa

Engine-5-Truck

This is an incident that took place in my home state of PA. and i thought i would share it with yinz. A man OC`d into a movie theater legally and of course some one had to call the LEO`s. What happened? The Police chief stated he wasnt breaking any laws, the theater did not have a fire arms policy and the man could not be identified because he wasnt breaking any laws. Im kinda curious as to what movie theaters around the US are gunna be doing...

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issues/articles/5879428-Armed-man-in-Pa-theater-prompts-911-call/

hermannr

I could not tell if the OC person was detained and ID or not. Kind of sounds like he was... he should not have even been talked to. Other than that, I see no problems.

If you went to a theater in Okanogan county (I don't know if there are any, but if there are) that call would not get past the 911 operator.

Engine-5-Truck

From what i got from the news, He was not detained and could not be identified because he refused to show his id. "Whitson said the man, who also had a concealed-weapons permit but was carrying the handgun in plain sight, indicated he was exercising his Second Amendment rights. Because no crime was committed, police did not identify the man."

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Besides all the noise about why OC is "dangerous" and "irresponsible" was this comment about several cops who attended a showing of the movie -
As to the taking it to the Batman movie, several of my fellow officers went and watched it. They all had their pistols out of the holster and in thier laps, just in case. Multiple CCP holders and several open carries were also at the same showing.

Sure it's a dark theater and most of the folks there will not see those pistols in their laps, but -

I wonder why the Only Ones felt the need to hold on to their security blankets. They surely would have had an aneurysm if they heard of some mere citizen doing the same.

stay safe.

sudden valley gunner

Besides all the noise about why OC is "dangerous" and "irresponsible" was this comment about several cops who attended a showing of the movie -

Sure it's a dark theater and most of the folks there will not see those pistols in their laps, but -

I wonder why the Only Ones felt the need to hold on to their security blankets. They surely would have had an aneurysm if they heard of some mere citizen doing the same.

stay safe.

Double standard...