• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Obama talks on limiting "some" guns......

PFC HALE

"I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual the right to bear arms," Obama said. "But I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not on the streets of our cities."

i dont agree with this suggestion of his...

What will end up as usual with every gun law, criminals and those that are out to do criminal activities will still have these specific "assault rifles" while the general law abiding public cant. Thanks nobama for this shining enlightenment of wisdom....

I dont know how to make anyone understand that no law will stop someone from aquiring what they want to do their deeds of murder.

Good find, HeesBonafide.

Last edited:

Batousaii

They should be talking about heavier, mandatory punishments for violent offenders that use arms in the commission of a crime. LAWS DONT STOP CRIMINALS, but there pukes are not smart enough to realize that, and the gov will push it for their agenda.
- I hope this statement costs him the election, i truly do.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Go over to the CT page and you'll see proof that civilian PDs have M16s ... so Obama is saying that PDs don't have the right to own these guns? But he has an entire agency devoted to disbursing these guns to local civilian PDs.

Of course he supports hunters ... which hunting has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. Typical rhetoric of anti-gunners as we all know.

And what, is Obama supporting Russia now, because US soldiers are not issued AK47s.

We have the right to the same weaponry that military units have and we should not have to get BATF licenses or any other sort of special approvals from the government to get this weaponry.

Schlepnier

for a suposed constitutional scholar he sure blew it on the meaning of the second ammendmant, even our own US supreme court back in 1935 stipulated that the second ammendment protected the american citizens right to keep and bear arms "CAPABLE OF MILITARY SERVICE".

AngryBodhi

Go over to the CT page and you'll see proof that civilian PDs have M16s ... so Obama is saying that PDs don't have the right to own these guns? But he has an entire agency devoted to disbursing these guns to local civilian PDs.
<snip>

and Mexican drug cartels

Metalhead47

They should be talking about heavier, mandatory punishments for violent offenders that use arms in the commission of a crime. LAWS DONT STOP CRIMINALS, but there pukes are not smart enough to realize that, and the gov will push it for their agenda.
- I hope this statement costs him the election, i truly do.

... if not this, then the "You didn't build that!" line.

Meanwhile, the other 99% of criminals, who DON'T make the news (just getting their lives back together & all that), will go on using simple black market handguns.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I like Switzerland's policy. Everybody gets trained as a soldier and you get to take your rifle home. Then once a year they have a shooting competition where the government even provides the ammo.

amlevin

I like Switzerland's policy. Everybody gets trained as a soldier and you get to take your rifle home. Then once a year they have a shooting competition where the government even provides the ammo.

They even get to have Full Auto weapons without having to pay for a $200 tax stamp, kissing the local Police Chief's butt, or having to have a "gun trust" to work around stubborn authorities.

Of course the Swiss are better educated than lots of other countries.

decklin

They even get to have Full Auto weapons without having to pay for a $200 tax stamp, kissing the local Police Chief's butt, or having to have a "gun trust" to work around stubborn authorities.

Of course the Swiss are better educated than lots of other countries.

+1
I think people might wake up if we had mandatory civil service like many countries. Switzerland, Germany, Italy.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Obama said. "But I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not on the streets of our cities."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-use-in-wake-colorado-massacre/#ixzz21kf5zbg6

Unfortunately but his statement is true as to a lot of gun owners would agree and I hope we could sway this attitude or position away from it and more toward the concept if it is good for the goose it is good for the gander ie if Law Enforcement can own and use different types of weapons then citizens should be able to own and use the same and some states do but not here in Washington.

jbone

Sure fits in nicley with the shooting, and that snake Hillary at the UN tomorrow. Will the snake sign it?

We’re working on gun control “under the radar” ~Barrack Hussein Obama~

thunderbolt

It angers me that it's always about guns. I know I'm preaching to the choir....but...

I agree with previously mentioned ideas. Make it a huge deal to get caught using a firearm illegally. Put them on public trial, and enforce the sentence. Build bigger jails and prisons if needed.

I know there's exceptions, but if it is made highly undesirable to receive a weapons charge... And the sentence is actually enforced.... A lot of this sh!t would stop.

Simply impose longer mandatory sentences. And make it a felony for the judge if the sentence isn't followed. That would be a good start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Freedom1Man

It angers me that it's always about guns. I know I'm preaching to the choir....but...

I agree with previously mentioned ideas. Make it a huge deal to get caught using a firearm illegally. Put them on public trial, and enforce the sentence. Build bigger jails and prisons if needed.

I know there's exceptions, but if it is made highly undesirable to receive a weapons charge... And the sentence is actually enforced.... A lot of this sh!t would stop.

Simply impose longer mandatory sentences. And make it a felony for the judge if the sentence isn't followed. That would be a good start.

Not bigger jails. There are too many people locked up as is it.

I have a copy of the proposed law you would want for judges. Make it a crime for them to not follow the constitution(s)/law(s).
It never takes off though.

AngryBodhi

Agreed. I don't get why people think the answer is more laws rather than actually enforcing existing ones, like a piece of paper is actually going to deter anyone who isn't already pre-disposed to obeying. Unfortunately, the jail system is it's own broken mess. I don't agree with incarceration being a profitable private endeavor. That's dangerous territory, bordering legalized slavery. When the warden has a personal financial motivation to extend your stay, not because your debt to society has not been paid, but because it is more profitable for him to do so, where do you draw the line between prisoner and slave? But I suppose that's an argument best saved another time and place.

rapgood

We already have plenty of prisons. Let's simply let the pot dealers out and put the real criminals in. (Oh, and judges have "absolute judicial immunity" which means that they can't be sued or prosecuted for anything they do on the bench -- although there are many who wish that they could be).