• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tired of fighting liberals

Cracker06

This is a post from one of my wife relatives.

Been some posts on "gun control" since last Fri (Aurora) I watched Piers Morgan with Michael Moore (never a real fan before) But, the points he made, were amazing. More talk on Mental Health then guns MY biggest peev WHY do average or any citizen need an assault weapon? OR any machine gun??? Leave those to the military. If you gotta own a gun, let it be a hand gun

Chris Rock has a good line in his comedy act Let those bullets cost $5,000.00 then the nuts will only be able to buy one NOT 3000+ I do not want a gun in my home I'd rather be shot then have to shoot someone. Have you ever accidently hit a dog while driving your car? It's the worse feeling in the world. I could not shoot a human or even hunt a animal. BUT to each his own except for the ones that do mass murders Thanks for reading my opinion Everyone has one. I don't believe in cramming it down any ones throat God Bless the USA

I am just getting tired of dealing with ignorance. At the point of giving up!

Redbaron007

Yep, it is getting tiresome.

The King is now using the language that 'no criminal should own an AK47'. What's funny, is that most criminals (depending on their conviction) can't own one to begin with. He is just trying to drum more anti-rhetoric! :mad:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yep, it is getting tiresome.

The King is now using the language that 'no criminal should own an AK47'. What's funny, is that most criminals (depending on their conviction) can't own one to begin with. He is just trying to drum more anti-rhetoric! :mad:

An he says soldiers should only have them -- so he is supporting Russia over US citizens because our army don't use AKs. He still supports hunting! What a commie.

Redbaron007

An he says soldiers should only have them -- so he is supporting Russia over US citizens because our army don't use AKs. He still supports hunting! What a commie.

Of course, if HIS army has rifles/pistols and the common man doesn't...it is much easier to lead/dictate. :rolleyes:

Greg30-06

People seem to forget how this country began( the American revolution, against a tyrannical and oppressive government) and why the second amendment was put in the constitution(so that if the government ever got to Big for their britchesthe people coulddefend their ideals and restore proper order to the country)

REALteach4u

I think most of us are in the same boat, getting very sick and tired of being sick and tired on the issue.

It's upsetting that many of these liberals are getting government money only to turn around and use that government money to influence elections, influence policy, and ultimately make more laws that only limit the law abiding people from being able to stand up against them.

It's time that Missouri stop jumping on the bandwagon after other States take a stand and become a leader for a change...start with finding out of campaign donations are being made by individuals, groups, or businesses that are receiving government funds that influence their ability to function or operate. Solyndra is an example of this problem, get millions in gov't money, close the doors, destroy product and equipment, then turn around and donate millions to BHO's campaign.

Last edited:

papa bear

well this is the reason that we have lost so much of our rights. the anti's are married to their emotions and can never get tired. they argue feelings and suto-science, where we argue logic and common sense, with actual facts to back us up. which they will never listen to. oh, they know the facts too. they choice to ignore them. because the main thing they want is control. here is a progressive mayor; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/san-francisco-stop-and-frisk_n_1702896.html

so keep up the good fight or we will find ourselves like the victims in Syria

davidmcbeth

Banned

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Many gun control laws have their basis in a desire to keep blacks from obtaining firearms ....

First it was the Negro, then the AmerInd, then the free Negro, then the <insert feared immigrant group>, and finally it is anybody who is not a member of the ruling elite who know what is good for us in spite of what we may think.

As has been the case from the beginning, gun control was never about guns and always about control. The anti-gun folks see a need to impose absolute control because they can not comprehend that a person might be able to refrain from doing something simply because they have decided not to behave that way, as opposed to there being a law against it. Stated a bit more basically - the anti-gun folks are honestly and deathly afraid that they would not be able to control themselves and if allowed to have a firearm they would start shooting any anyone and everyone who "made" them upset.

Not-anti-gun folks see both control of behavior and responsibility for behavior as being directed by the individual from within -- probably influenced by values and a sense of self-respect that then is translated into respect of others. I'm not even going to mention the matter of tolerance - especially tolerance of things that are different.

Anti-gun folks see a need for control to be imposed from outside the individual - probably influenced by the fact that as a group they seem unwilling and unable to control themselves. Now that might be a self-fulfilling situation that has created a viscious circle -- unable/unwilling to control themselves so they enact rules/laws to impose control which makes it less necessary to impose control from within so they see more need to impose control via the outside influence of rules/laws. Lather, rinse, repeat until you fall down completely dizzy from chasing your tail.

There are times when I feel physically and/or mentally exhausted from fighting the liberals/anti-gun crowd. But I am part of a network of "fighters". I can drop back and gather my strength/recharge my batteries while someone else steps into the front rank. Sometimes we work collaboratively, much like the 17th-18th-19th century line of riflemen: Front rank - Fire! Rear rank - Advance! Front rank - Fire! Folks who were in the front rank reload or catch their breath while the fresh(er) troops step up to continue the fight. As those now-front-rank folks fire, they are then replaced as the refreshed trops step back up. Somewhere along the way we recruit new troops, trai them, and then plug them into the line.

How anybody can not understand it is in fact a battle is beyound my comprehension.

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

I am sorry but I don't see our problem being just with liberals or antis. We see it all the time "Yea I am for the second amendment, but I don't think we should have this or that, and do we really need to hunt with a bazooka."

It seems to me that those people who are OK with government regulation even though they own firearms, are not really for the second amendment.