• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What type of gun do you carry?

fozzy71

Recently put the FNP9 away and started carrying the FNP45 (even though it is heavy as hell) because I am much more accurate with it and it has nearly the same capacity. 15+1 and 2 x 14 round spare mags of 230gr JHP just seems a lot better than 16+1 and 2 x 16 of 147gr. Safariland 6280 holster and bladetech kydex mag carrier til I find a better (read: more comfortable) mag carrier all carried OC OWB. DB9 BUG (6+1 115gr Rem UMC JHP cuz it can't shoot +p) in my weak-side front pocket in a Talon holster.

Now that I switched up the primary from 9mm to .45 I think I am going to start shopping for a XDs in .45 for my BUG. Also time to order some sort of IWB holster and mag carrier for the .45 for the ultra-rare times I might want to CC.

Last edited:

griffin

OC: FNH / Five-seveN / 5.7x28 / 20+1 w/EA T6 ammo / SA - Blackhawk CQC holster
CC: Para / C7.45LDA Companion / .45ACP / 7+1 and 2 spare mags w/Federal HST ammo / SA - Crossbreed holster
BUG: Kahr / K40 / .40S&W / 6+1 w/Federal HST ammo / DA - DeSantis Super Fly holster

Ken56

Thanks for the tips on the holsters. Although I like the Fobus and never have had any problem with it I am just thinking an active retention system is the best way to go while OC.

stainless1911

Banned
Active retention is the best way for OC. I would recommend a thumb break if you're just starting. Its the best IMO, simple, proven, and very common.

I carry a Serpa and I love them, but have been doing so now for too long to change the habit, but, to do it over again, I'd get a leather with a thumb break no doubt.

Outdoorsman

Main carry is my Taurus Millenium Pro 40. I will also carry a Springfield Ultra Compact 45. I carry a Ruger SP101 357 as a "car" gun. I like the Taurus as my primary gun because it is one of the lightest weight 40's out there and is very comfortable to carry.

gasgasmi

M&P Shield9 or Colt Defender 9 both in Desantis 3-slot. Sometimes a Glock 19 in a Bianchi Accumold paddle or a S&W 1911SC 45 in a Blackhawk Serpa. When CC the Shield goes in a PJholster or the Colt in a Kholster.

cm2624

Glock 27 with Crimson Trace. I just bought a Ruger GP 100 last weekend. I always wanted a revolver and finally bought one last weekend. Now I just have to buy a holster for it. I am just happy to finally get a revolver!

Nav0341

Glock / 19 / 9mm / 15+1 backup mag is 17rnd Speer Gold Dot/ "Safe Action"

How I carry really depend on the day and what is going on. At work I generally conceal, but will occasionally get an OC day in at the office (Graphic Designer w/a gun catches people off guard sometimes lol). OC = Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster. When I CC I usually wear my Galco KingTuk IWB.

I don't yet have a back up gun... should be getting one soon enough though. (Graphic / Web Designer, so if anyone needs a legit site I can barter :p )

Last edited:

cm2624

Why a "thumbs down"? That's a great revolver. I own a 6" one.

I may have done the thumbs down by mistake. I am typing on my phone. It is a great gun. I would give it two thumbs up right now, but then I would end up dropping my phone. LOL! I bought the Ruger over a Smith and Wesson 686 because the Ruger felt better and it did not have that internal lock like the Smith had. I do not trust those locks at all.

Orion

Springfield XDm 40 in a Wraith holster OWB right hip 3 o'clock.
I also carry it concealed in a IWB in a crossdraw position at 11 o'clock.
Occasionally carry a TZ-75 CC in a shoulder holster.
No BUG yet but I am looking.