Thread: 40 Reasons For Gun Control

40 Reasons For Gun Control

Preaching to the choir, I know. Still, I feel you will be entertained.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/519561/posts

Quote Originally Posted by 40 Reasons For Gun Control
    ...10. The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns & Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.

11. One should consult an automotive engineer for safer seatbelts, a civil engineer for a better bridge, a surgeon for internal medicine, a computer technician for hard drive problems, and Sarah Brady for firearms expertise. ...

A classic 90's piece from Soldier Of Fortune. (I don't read it, but I've seen it credited to them)

Always a good read.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Excellent!!

I like these:

5. We must get rid of guns because a deranged lunatic may go on a shooting spree at any time and anyone who would own a gun out of fear of such a lunatic is paranoid

10. The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns & Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.

12. The 2nd Amendment, ratified in 1787, refers to the National Guard, which was created 130 years later, in 1917.

13. The National Guard, federally funded, with bases on federal land, using federally-owned weapons vehicles buildings and uniforms, punishing trespassers under federal law, is a "state" militia.

Ok...they are ALL good!
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Some good observations.

Banned
    MY favorite is this:

19. The NRA's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign about kids handling guns is propaganda, but the anti-gun lobby's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign is responsible social activity.

And my second:

34. Police officers have some special Jedi-like mastery over handguns that private citizens can never hope to obtain. (just because of the video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY_A1500sI4
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-26-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    MY favorite is this:

19. The NRA's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign about kids handling guns is propaganda, but the anti-gun lobby's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign is responsible social activity.

And my second:

34. Police officers have some special Jedi-like mastery over handguns that private citizens can never hope to obtain. (just because of the video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY_A1500sI4

LMAO that is great.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Banned
    23. Ordinary people in the presence of guns turn into slaughtering butchers but revert to normal when the weapon is removed.

32. Police operate with backup within groups, which is why they need larger capacity pistol magazines than do "civilians" who must face criminals alone and therefore need less ammunition.

37. "Assault weapons" have no purpose other than to kill large numbers of people. The police need assault weapons. You do not.

37 is pretty telling, is it not?