• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

40 Reasons For Gun Control

Evil Creamsicle

Preaching to the choir, I know. Still, I feel you will be entertained.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/519561/posts

40 Reasons For Gun Control said:
...10. The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns & Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.

11. One should consult an automotive engineer for safer seatbelts, a civil engineer for a better bridge, a surgeon for internal medicine, a computer technician for hard drive problems, and Sarah Brady for firearms expertise. ...

carolina guy

Excellent!!

I like these:

5. We must get rid of guns because a deranged lunatic may go on a shooting spree at any time and anyone who would own a gun out of fear of such a lunatic is paranoid

10. The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns & Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.

12. The 2nd Amendment, ratified in 1787, refers to the National Guard, which was created 130 years later, in 1917.

13. The National Guard, federally funded, with bases on federal land, using federally-owned weapons vehicles buildings and uniforms, punishing trespassers under federal law, is a "state" militia.​

:) Ok...they are ALL good!

davidmcbeth

Banned
MY favorite is this:

19. The NRA's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign about kids handling guns is propaganda, but the anti-gun lobby's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign is responsible social activity. :banana:

And my second:

34. Police officers have some special Jedi-like mastery over handguns that private citizens can never hope to obtain. (just because of the video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY_A1500sI4

Last edited:

Yance

MY favorite is this:

19. The NRA's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign about kids handling guns is propaganda, but the anti-gun lobby's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign is responsible social activity. :banana:

And my second:

34. Police officers have some special Jedi-like mastery over handguns that private citizens can never hope to obtain. (just because of the video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY_A1500sI4

LMAO that is great.

stainless1911

Banned
23. Ordinary people in the presence of guns turn into slaughtering butchers but revert to normal when the weapon is removed.

32. Police operate with backup within groups, which is why they need larger capacity pistol magazines than do "civilians" who must face criminals alone and therefore need less ammunition.

37. "Assault weapons" have no purpose other than to kill large numbers of people. The police need assault weapons. You do not.

37 is pretty telling, is it not?