• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Talk show host interviews Missouri Sheriff who FULLY supports open carry

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thad Wheeler for Sheriff

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed Here's a radio interview with a cop running for sheriff who 100% supports open carry-you don't want to miss this. Heck forward the link to everybody you know because they need to know we have people out there on our side: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missour...ssouri-freedom

Missouri needs this kind of man in office :exclaim:

Get active and campaign vigorously for him.

He is a strong proponent of O/C and pledges to do all that he can to see that state preemption of firearms laws is total.

BTW - What is the complaint about States Rights in the post above this?

Redbaron007

He sounds like he has very pro-OC mentality! I wish several more would develop that attitude. It sounds like he would pass his OC convictions down the ladder to the deputies too! :D

It would be nice to see him, and he could have and we just didn't know it, help out this year with legislators if another preemptive bill is filed.

Oramac

BTW - What is the complaint about States Rights in the post above this?

I havent listened to it yet as I'm at work, but I'm very curious about this question as well. States rights is a hugely important issue based in the 10 Amendment. Though it's also a discussion better suited to its own thread I think.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Hmmmm, interesting bandwagon here eh?

I have not seen the video or heard the audio, not possible at work.

This would indeed be the same Thad who has been fired more than once from police work, ran for state rep as constitutuionalist party, now is running as a democrat, has been acused more than one time of abuse of police power...

I think I would evaluate more than just this one blog, there seems to be an awful lot of intersting tales, many of which are likely not to be true, but I am not so sure that this is a jump up and down and celebrate canidate.

To each his own, only encouraging more research, book is still out in my mind.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

This would indeed be the same Thad who has been fired more than once from police work, ran for state rep as constitutuionalist party, now is running as a democrat, has been acused more than one time of abuse of police power...

I think I would evaluate more than just this one blog, there seems to be an awful lot of intersting tales, many of which are likely not to be true, but I am not so sure that this is a jump up and down and celebrate canidate.

With all due respect intended, I must defer to those that know the lay of the local topography far better than I. I did listen to the entire interview and admit I was impressed. Obviously that does not tell all of the tale. It will nonetheless be interesting to see how this plays out and what further information comes of it.

Redbaron007

Not questioning your comments, but any links? I have to be honest, I've not heard of him.

Thx!

Mr.Ed

Yes in Good old boy world those who don't use their police power to unjustly prosecute somebody who ticked off the mayor's cousin's grandmother's ex-roommate often get fired. And just to clarify he did once run as a member of the "Constitution" Party not "Constitutionalist" I only point this out because there is a "Constitutionalist" party who is very liberal and anti-gun and he did not run with them.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yes in Good old boy world those who don't use their police power to unjustly prosecute somebody who ticked off the mayor's cousin's grandmother's ex-roommate often get fired. And just to clarify he did once run as a member of the "Constitution" Party not "Constitutionalist" I only point this out because there is a "Constitutionalist" party who is very liberal and anti-gun and he did not run with them.

Ed, if I struck a nerve, it was without intent. Actually though, one of the disputes with the mayor does seem to involve a traffic ticket issued to the mayor's son. That is a coin flip true / untrue in my book, have seen it both ways and I am sure there are liars on both sides of it without regard for the truth.

I did peck out constitutionalist, not sure WHY I did that as I am aware it was the constitution party. now he is running with the Democrat party who is very liberal and anti-gun and he is running with them. Seems more than odd though there are a few 2a supporting democrats, just not the general rule.

FYI I was not knocking the canidate as a whole, just noting that his views on OC in a planned interview vs reality may be different and there is a lot of questions surrounding his history.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Not questioning your comments, but any links? I have to be honest, I've not heard of him.

Thx!

Not a lot of time for google-fu today, hit "thad wheeler topix" and you will find a lot of interesting OPINIONS from those he served and likely more than a few links to press stories.

He has a current civil case over his firing pending that is easy to find as it was only 2/12 that he filed it.

There was a case discussed on another forum i read about him a couple of years ago, tased and pepper sprayed an older and very small woman AFTER he had her on the floor and in hand cuffs, No charges were ever filed on the woman, I did not follow the story to see if she ever went after him on civil. The interesting portion is, she called the police to have someone removed from her house and instead he took her to jail and left the non-related party in her house, rumor was unrelated party close friend of Wheeler family, but no confirmation of that ever surface, but as i said, I did not follow it long.

More than a storied history for a few years, such a rural area served not a lot of press coverage or even official documentation, however there is indeed a lot of smoke claiming fire.

My point was not that he is the worst canidate, might not be, however enough questions have existed for long enough to warrant a lot more than one politicly motivated speech to cast judgement prior to voting.

In his bid for the state legislature, he garnered only 3.3% of the vote. The seat he ran for is held by Paul Fitzwater, the man who stepped up to the plate with the OC with CCW a couple of years in a row, the one that made it through comittee this year but was destroyed by the NRA. He was fired during his campaign, no real reason ever published. Also notable, when questioned by vote-mo.org he answered NONE of the questions.

He has had events discussed here on OCDO, aparently they were not too memorable.

Redbaron007

Not a lot of time for google-fu today, hit "thad wheeler topix" and you will find a lot of interesting OPINIONS from those he served and likely more than a few links to press stories.

He has a current civil case over his firing pending that is easy to find as it was only 2/12 that he filed it.

There was a case discussed on another forum i read about him a couple of years ago, tased and pepper sprayed an older and very small woman AFTER he had her on the floor and in hand cuffs, No charges were ever filed on the woman, I did not follow the story to see if she ever went after him on civil. The interesting portion is, she called the police to have someone removed from her house and instead he took her to jail and left the non-related party in her house, rumor was unrelated party close friend of Wheeler family, but no confirmation of that ever surface, but as i said, I did not follow it long.

More than a storied history for a few years, such a rural area served not a lot of press coverage or even official documentation, however there is indeed a lot of smoke claiming fire.

My point was not that he is the worst canidate, might not be, however enough questions have existed for long enough to warrant a lot more than one politicly motivated speech to cast judgement prior to voting.

In his bid for the state legislature, he garnered only 3.3% of the vote. The seat he ran for is held by Paul Fitzwater, the man who stepped up to the plate with the OC with CCW a couple of years in a row, the one that made it through comittee this year but was destroyed by the NRA. He was fired during his campaign, no real reason ever published. Also notable, when questioned by vote-mo.org he answered NONE of the questions.

He has had events discussed here on OCDO, aparently they were not too memorable.

Appreciate it!

Yeah....I've had to use Google way too much on some other matters today....and to be quit frank....tired of it. Entirely to much research today....especially since it is a Friday!

I will prolly do the Google thing tomorrow to see what comes up. Did you find his case through CaseNet?

Thanks for the starting point! :)

patriotthad

I've heard...

My name is Thad Wheeler. I live at Rt 1 Box 187-1, Summersville Mo, 65571. Phone # 417-932-4244. Just letting you know that I am not afraid to post my name etc. along with my comments. I hope others who are ready to bash someone they have never met would be willing to do the same. I have never been fired from police work until 02/06/2012. And yes, it was a good old boy system that was rearing it's ugly head. I had worked there for 7/1/2 years. You can read the whole story at The Houston Herald, Summersville Beacon or case net. I wasn't fired when I ran for State Rep. I didn't run against Fitzwater. He has done a very good job and the legislation he introduced was at my request. I have used a taser twice in my time. Never on an old lady that was in cuffs. I have open carried for several years before entering the peace officer profession. I have hosted 1 open carry event and 2 or 3 open carry "educationals." I have been a life member of the NRA for about 16 years. As Chief, I and Blackops School of Combat, hosted 2 CCW courses which were very well attended. You may have never heard of me. I live in Shannon Co. A county with a population of 8,300 in 1,000 sq. miles. It is very remote. There are no chain grocery stores, or fast food chains etc. I think we have 1 24hr gas station. I guess I could have ran as a Republican since they are so pro-gun. Romney, McCain, 1994 assualt weapons ban, etc. The Democrats in my area are pro-gun.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Appreciate it!

Yeah....I've had to use Google way too much on some other matters today....and to be quit frank....tired of it. Entirely to much research today....especially since it is a Friday!

I will prolly do the Google thing tomorrow to see what comes up. Did you find his case through CaseNet?

Thanks for the starting point! :)

His current civil case over his firing is there, nothing really to see, the mayor was indeed served papers and that is about the end of it. I find it somewhat interesting that there is no hearing scheduled etc since it was filed 5 months ago and the mayor was likely not too hard to serve, it kind of comes with the job so to speak. I believe that county population remains under 10k persons, and that would lead me to believe they would not have too much backlog in the courts, but it may have been circuit court which might not be in that county. Might casenet it again and try and cite better, I am just weary of it all after getting our hind ends kicked in a year we had such a good chance of getting SOMETHING and now work has me out of state more than in so i am more or less a bust for next session, heck half the folks do not even know how the sessions run, but that is too far off topic lol.

Again, repeating, I am not trying to state he is bad for OC or anything of the like, I am simply saying before one cast a vote, I believe a lot more research needs to be done.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My name is Thad Wheeler. I live at Rt 1 Box 187-1, Summersville Mo, 65571. Phone # 417-932-4244. Just letting you know that I am not afraid to post my name etc. along with my comments. I hope others who are ready to bash someone they have never met would be willing to do the same. I have never been fired from police work until 02/06/2012. And yes, it was a good old boy system that was rearing it's ugly head. I had worked there for 7/1/2 years. You can read the whole story at The Houston Herald, Summersville Beacon or case net. I wasn't fired when I ran for State Rep. I didn't run against Fitzwater. He has done a very good job and the legislation he introduced was at my request. I have used a taser twice in my time. Never on an old lady that was in cuffs. I have open carried for several years before entering the peace officer profession. I have hosted 1 open carry event and 2 or 3 open carry "educationals." I have been a life member of the NRA for about 16 years. As Chief, I and Blackops School of Combat, hosted 2 CCW courses which were very well attended. You may have never heard of me. I live in Shannon Co. A county with a population of 8,300 in 1,000 sq. miles. It is very remote. There are no chain grocery stores, or fast food chains etc. I think we have 1 24hr gas station. I guess I could have ran as a Republican since they are so pro-gun. Romney, McCain, 1994 assualt weapons ban, etc. The Democrats in my area are pro-gun.

Appreciate the disclosure, though I am not a voter in your area I am interested in keeping OCDO above the water line.

Have reviewed a great number of your posts here and they would definitely seem to be consistent with the above in as much one could reasonably expect. With "membership" since 2009, you do have some history for those that wish read back and gain insight.

Mr.Ed

Good Ole Boy systems

The good ole boy system has a way of bringing down anybody. We had a GREAT prosecuting attorney in my county. She pledged during campaign that she would NOT be part of the good ole boy system. She won the election and kept her word. Good old boys in the sheriff's dept were upset. So were the good old boys who OWN the local paper. Guess how that worked out? A single mom calls the sheriffs dept because her ex is violating a restraining order. Instead of taking him in custody when deputies arrive they would state "Well, we will have to send a report to the prosecutor and see if she wants to file charges. if she does then we can arrest him but until then there's nothing we can do" naturally they wouldn't send jack to the prosecutor. The poor single mom believes the police and thinks the prosecutor isn't doing her job. The good ole boy controlled presss would run a spun story about it verifying that line of thought and vilifying the prosecutor. It's a hard world. By the way in rural missouri most of your democrats are conservative and pro-gun especially on the state and local level just so you know.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
My name is Thad Wheeler. I live at Rt 1 Box 187-1, Summersville Mo, 65571. Phone # 417-932-4244. Just letting you know that I am not afraid to post my name etc. along with my comments. I hope others who are ready to bash someone they have never met would be willing to do the same.

I didn't run against Fitzwater. He has done a very good job and the legislation he introduced was at my request.

I have been a life member of the NRA for about 16 years.
The Democrats in my area are pro-gun.

As stated early on, it is not bashing, it is questioning. There as I said is a lot of smoke surrounding your history in Summersville. I didn't say you ran against Fitzwater, I said you ran for the seat he now holds, he took it from one of your opponents 2 years ago.

Appreciate the thoughts on NRA membership, but after their activities this year, they lost all merit with those who were there, a very pathetic showing, Mr. Fitzwater was there, he can tell you about it first hand as well.

I stated early on, there are a few progun democrats, and a few of them are willing to break party lines, it often depends upon the amount of pressure placed on them.

Good luck with the campaign, you have a lot of smoke to get through. There have been a lot of people bashing you for a lot of years it comes with the job to some degree.

REALteach4u

With all due respect intended, I must defer to those that know the lay of the local topography far better than I. I did listen to the entire interview and admit I was impressed. Obviously that does not tell all of the tale. It will nonetheless be interesting to see how this plays out and what further information comes of it.

And how many times are we sucked in by well-spoken politicians only to find out after the fact just how bad they really were? Far too often. The interview was a good one at face value and I have to agree that educating the public is what it's all about...that's important so we can begin reconditioning the public from the lie they've been told all this time.

LMTD has a good point. If this is the same guy then there is a problem that needs to be identified and addressed before he gets into office. Accusations aren't enough, there has to be proof for the public to chew on. If it's not the same guy or they were groundless accusations and discharges from employment; it does happen in Missouri if you don't "fit in" with other bad cops in a department.

Last edited: