Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Carmike Cinemas Changes its Policy!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605

    Carmike Cinemas Changes its Policy!

    To Whomever it may Concern:

    I just Recieved Correspondence from Carmike Cinemas that Carmike Movie Theaters will NOT Allow Firearms into its Theaters and onto its Property as a Result of The Aurora, Colorado Movie Massacre.

    Previously..., I had Permission from This Company to Carry and Possess Firearms on its Property, but now..., I Guess that They have Lost My Business!

    aadvark

  2. #2
    Regular Member Baked on Grease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sterling, Va.
    Posts
    652
    Yet another failure of logic. "Let us put up a sign saying firearms aren't allowed and nothing bad can ever happen to us." Guess where the next mass murder happens? Another place where they thought a few signs would protect them.

    Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Regular Member Jay Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    Yet another failure of logic. "Let us put up a sign saying firearms aren't allowed and nothing bad can ever happen to us." Guess where the next mass murder happens? Another place where they thought a few signs would protect them.

    Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

    Ditto, yet one more reason not to waste my money at a movie theater.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cincy area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    888
    Read a new-to-me analogy about this lately, to the effect of:

    'No Guns Allowed' signs concern a sociopath about as much as a 'No parking' sign concerns a terrorist with a car bomb.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    2

    Carmike losing their minds?

    I am a law enforcement agency head and have just found out that the Carmike Theater in Bethlehem, GA refused entry this week to an off-duty LEO because he was armed even though he presented his department badge and ID to the employees. I guess Carmike thinks that OCGA 16-11-130's exemptions and allowance for certified peace officers to carry "anywhere in the state" leaves room for interpretation. As I count them there are about fifty or so groups of people that are exempt from carry laws in Georgia under this code section.... That's an awful lot of dollars that Carmike is willing to turn away because of a half baked policy. I get the reason for the knee jerk restriction in light of the Aurora situation, but to limit law enforcement's access to the facility while off duty is not the best idea.... Just saying.

  6. #6
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847
    This illogical way of thinking is exactly why 70 people were shot and 12 killed in Colorado! Aurora, CO has an ordinance that bans the carry of firearms, and this is why nobody was armed at this theater! Had this happened in Ky, I can guaruntee this guy would have been killed by an armed civilian, regardless of whether the theater had a "no firearms" sign or not.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

  7. #7
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too View Post
    I am a law enforcement agency head and have just found out that the Carmike Theater in Bethlehem, GA refused entry this week to an off-duty LEO because he was armed even though he presented his department badge and ID to the employees. I guess Carmike thinks that OCGA 16-11-130's exemptions and allowance for certified peace officers to carry "anywhere in the state" leaves room for interpretation. As I count them there are about fifty or so groups of people that are exempt from carry laws in Georgia under this code section.... That's an awful lot of dollars that Carmike is willing to turn away because of a half baked policy. I get the reason for the knee jerk restriction in light of the Aurora situation, but to limit law enforcement's access to the facility while off duty is not the best idea.... Just saying.
    Peace officers do not have a right to trample anyone's private property rights. If they noticed he was armed they have every right to refuse him entrance. If he had been on duty and responding to an official call it may be different, but he was off duty and his "credintials" don't mean squat. Just because some people have a badge does not mean they are a higher class citizen that has greater rights than others. Private property owners can deny entry to anyone who is armed, and an off duty cop is no exception to the constitutional protection.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 07-28-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Peace officers do not have a right to trample anyone's private property rights. If they noticed he was armed they have every right to refuse him entrance. If he had been on duty and responding to an official call it may be different, but he was off duty and his "credintials" don't mean squat. Just because some people have a badge does not mean they are a higher class citizen that has greater rights than others. Private property owners can deny entry to anyone who is armed, and an off duty cop is no exception to the constitutional protection.
    I am fully in support of a private property owner's right to determine who carry's on their property, HOWEVER, I think that most of the public would agree that in the event of something going awry in the theater it is better to have the officers armed than not. Based on some very loose calculations from web stats, there are about 65,000 people in Georgia who would be included under the Georgia exemption and that are allowed to carry a firearm "anwhere in the state" as the law reads. This includes peace officers, judges, coroners, district attorneys, solicitors, clerks of superior court, etc. This does not even even include the staff of the above, many of whom also fall into the authorized category under Georgia law. at $9.50 per adult ticket and who knows how much is spent at the concession stand, that is a lot of revenue for the theater to lose. Again, I agree that property owners can send me down the road if they don't want me carrying off duty on their property. I am allowed to carry a firearm because of the daily choice I make to put myself in the fray to protect those same property owners when they need help not because I consider myself "a higher class of citizen because I have a badge". It is a sad and dispicable turn of events that these same people gladly would accept me laying down my life for theirs at 3 pm while I am on duty but would tell me to go away at the 4 pm movie because I had changed clothes. All this AND I am trying to give them my hard earned money at the same time.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Olive Hill, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too View Post
    I am fully in support of a private property owner's right to determine who carry's on their property, HOWEVER, I think that most of the public would agree that in the event of something going awry in the theater it is better to have the officers armed than not. Based on some very loose calculations from web stats, there are about 65,000 people in Georgia who would be included under the Georgia exemption and that are allowed to carry a firearm "anwhere in the state" as the law reads. This includes peace officers, judges, coroners, district attorneys, solicitors, clerks of superior court, etc. This does not even even include the staff of the above, many of whom also fall into the authorized category under Georgia law. at $9.50 per adult ticket and who knows how much is spent at the concession stand, that is a lot of revenue for the theater to lose. Again, I agree that property owners can send me down the road if they don't want me carrying off duty on their property. I am allowed to carry a firearm because of the daily choice I make to put myself in the fray to protect those same property owners when they need help not because I consider myself "a higher class of citizen because I have a badge". It is a sad and dispicable turn of events that these same people gladly would accept me laying down my life for theirs at 3 pm while I am on duty but would tell me to go away at the 4 pm movie because I had changed clothes. All this AND I am trying to give them my hard earned money at the same time.
    As a retired peace officer I understand your point. However, I think you craft it a bit too narrow. Legally armed individuals put themselves into the fray every day because they are there, and unfortunately the police are not. As KYGlockster stated, and I agree, the movie shooting would have had a different outcome if it had happened in Kentucky, IMO.

  10. #10
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too View Post
    I am fully in support of a private property owner's right to determine who carry's on their property, HOWEVER, I think that most of the public would agree that in the event of something going awry in the theater it is better to have the officers armed than not. Based on some very loose calculations from web stats, there are about 65,000 people in Georgia who would be included under the Georgia exemption and that are allowed to carry a firearm "anwhere in the state" as the law reads. This includes peace officers, judges, coroners, district attorneys, solicitors, clerks of superior court, etc. This does not even even include the staff of the above, many of whom also fall into the authorized category under Georgia law. at $9.50 per adult ticket and who knows how much is spent at the concession stand, that is a lot of revenue for the theater to lose. Again, I agree that property owners can send me down the road if they don't want me carrying off duty on their property. I am allowed to carry a firearm because of the daily choice I make to put myself in the fray to protect those same property owners when they need help not because I consider myself "a higher class of citizen because I have a badge". It is a sad and dispicable turn of events that these same people gladly would accept me laying down my life for theirs at 3 pm while I am on duty but would tell me to go away at the 4 pm movie because I had changed clothes. All this AND I am trying to give them my hard earned money at the same time.
    Would it not be better to have citizens armed than not? I believe there is no difference in a citizen and an officer. The only difference is you are required to qualify with your firearm once or twice a year, and citizens are not. I do know every Gun owner I know practices every week with their firearm. Most officers I know rarely fire their weapon, and never take it down to clean and lubricate. Please don't think I am trying to bash Law enforcement. I will have a degree in Criminal Justice in less than a year, and I plan to work for our State agency while I obtain my bachelor's degree and then my law degree. I still believe being an officer does not entitle you to more rights than anyone else. OUR right to bear arms "shall not be infringed," not a police officers. I would give my life to protect my fellow citizens as quick as anyone else, and I believe it is everyone's duty to protect their fellow Countrymen. Don't forget that your hard earned money is derived from my hard earned money, and we are equal as people. I would never expect more rights than someone without the powers of arrest, and I wish all officers felt that way. Georgia law exempts you from the laws that pertain to citizens who carry (which I believe is bogus), but not into private property without the owners permission. In Ky we can ignore "no firearms" signs, and if I do so I conceal my firearm to be respectful. Nobody knows I am armed, and if something happens I am able to save not only employee's lives, but also customers. However, if they disovered I was carrying and they asked me to leave I would certainly do so. And even the SCOTUS has said peace officers are under no authority to protect individuals, and most officers show up well after the crime has taken place. Armed civilians stop crimes hundreds of times a day, much more than peace officers, and we should all be thankful our right to bear arms was protected in the constitution from government intrusion. I just wish they would realize what infringed means.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Jay Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Would it not be better to have citizens armed than not? I believe there is no difference in a citizen and an officer. The only difference is you are required to qualify with your firearm once or twice a year, and citizens are not....
    I'm inclined to agree. To me a true gun free zone means no guns held by anyone, not private citizens, not criminals, not the military and not LEO's.
    Of course the bad guys would beg to differ. I'm 51 years old and started shooting air guns when I was around 8 - 9 yo. I had a .22 and a 12 ga. by the time I was around 12. I have more trigger time under my belt than most younger LEO's, given I've been shooting since before many of then were born. But they should be allowed to carry in places I can't? Why, because they have a pretty uniform on? How about those LEO shooting "accidents" that happen all the time. Many of them posted right here. I've also seen enough dash cam video of LEO's in action to know that the uniform and or their training doesn't necessarily mean they're all stoned faced warriors with ice water in their veins when the SHTF. If it's "safe" for them to be armed it's safe for me to be armed.

    No offense intended to our resident LEO's.
    Last edited by Jay Jacobs; 07-28-2012 at 12:14 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOverlay View Post
    As a retired peace officer I understand your point. However, I think you craft it a bit too narrow. Legally armed individuals put themselves into the fray every day because they are there, and unfortunately the police are not. As KYGlockster stated, and I agree, the movie shooting would have had a different outcome if it had happened in Kentucky, IMO.
    Agreed. To say that police officers should be able to carry somewhere but LAC's cannot makes absolutely no sense.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  13. #13
    Regular Member AAriondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    42
    Well what they dont know whont hurt them. Its CC time
    Carrying isn't suppossed to feel comfortable...Its supposed to feel safe.

  14. #14
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too View Post
    I am a law enforcement agency head and have just found out that the Carmike Theater in Bethlehem, GA refused entry this week to an off-duty LEO because he was armed even though he presented his department badge and ID to the employees. I guess Carmike thinks that OCGA 16-11-130's exemptions and allowance for certified peace officers to carry "anywhere in the state" leaves room for interpretation. As I count them there are about fifty or so groups of people that are exempt from carry laws in Georgia under this code section.... That's an awful lot of dollars that Carmike is willing to turn away because of a half baked policy. I get the reason for the knee jerk restriction in light of the Aurora situation, but to limit law enforcement's access to the facility while off duty is not the best idea.... Just saying.
    You hold yourself and your agency a bit high there don't you think?

    An off-duty LEO is no different than any other man or woman.

    Watch out for what you step in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Englewood, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    654

    Missing the point....

    I think all you guys are missing Willub's point...

    He's not saying the police are any better then us.... he's saying... that at this moment in time there is an exception for LEO's to carry in all the places that we as citizens cannot.

    Now the theater is already losing money from the citizens, that chose not to spend money there... why should they now go and alienate another group of people. Especially ones who have the ability to intervene into active shooter situations.

    Willbub even stated in his second post that he didn't think LEO's are better then anyone else.

  16. #16
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by willb1too
    found out that the Carmike Theater in Bethlehem, GA refused entry this week to an off-duty LEO because he was armed
    It doesn't matter who his employer is, unless he's at work & there on official business.
    Legally, private property (unfortunately) trumps everyone's civil rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too
    I guess Carmike thinks that OCGA 16-11-130's exemptions and allowance for certified peace officers to carry "anywhere in the state" leaves room for interpretation.
    Unless the owner of the private property tells them they're not welcome.
    That exemption applies to anywhere the state laws say regular everyday citizens are restricted in their right to bear arms.
    It has no effect on private property.

    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster
    If he had been on duty and responding to an official call it may be different, but he was off duty and his "credentials" don't mean squat.
    What he said.

    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too
    there are about fifty or so groups of people that are exempt from carry laws in Georgia under this code section... That's an awful lot of dollars that Carmike is willing to turn away... at $9.50 per adult ticket and who knows how much is spent at the concession stand, that is a lot of revenue for the theater to lose.
    They're willing to turn away everyone with a carry license.
    How many thousands is that?

    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too
    I think that most of the public would agree that in the event of something going awry in the theater it is better to have the officers armed than not.
    Apparently the owner of the property disagrees with you.
    And since it's their property, neither your vote nor public opinion counts...
    UNLESS they lose enough business to change their stance on lawfully-armed citizens.

    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too
    I am allowed to carry a firearm because of the daily choice I make to put myself in the fray to protect those same property owners when they need help
    There's the problem - "I'm better because of my job".
    No, you are allowed to carry a firearm for the exact same reason any of us is - it's a natural right, protected by the Constitution (& many state laws).

    If you do your job well & honor your oath to uphold the laws & the Constitution, I have no beef with you.
    (If you actually stand up against abuse of citizens, I applaud you.)
    But it doesn't make you a higher class of citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too View Post
    I am a law enforcement agency head and have just found out that the Carmike Theater in Bethlehem, GA refused entry this week to an off-duty LEO because he was armed even though he presented his department badge and ID to the employees. I guess Carmike thinks that OCGA 16-11-130's exemptions and allowance for certified peace officers to carry "anywhere in the state" leaves room for interpretation. I get the reason for the knee jerk restriction in light of the Aurora situation, but to limit law enforcement's access to the facility while off duty is not the best idea.... Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too View Post
    I am allowed to carry a firearm because of the daily choice I make to put myself in the fray to protect those same property owners when they need help not because I consider myself "a higher class of citizen because I have a badge". It is a sad and dispicable turn of events that these same people gladly would accept me laying down my life for theirs at 3 pm while I am on duty but would tell me to go away at the 4 pm movie because I had changed clothes. All this AND I am trying to give them my hard earned money at the same time.
    Not to jump on anyone, but willub1too if you look at your wording. What comes across is we are law enforcement and when we flash our badge we should get a pass like we normally do because we put our lives on the line. When in reality, your job is a choice and there are many more dangerous jobs. There's no guarantee that you can do more than anyone else in the general populous. There may be trained medical personnel, firefighters, corrections officers, highly trained Special OPS, or military. Some of who may be highly trained in a given circumstance. Many of whom I would certainly prefer as opposed to law enforcement, if a situation went down. Simply put it's an elitist attitude, I'm not saying that was the intent but that's what comes across, because that's what your used too. Your all flesh and blood beings like the rest of us and shouldn't have anymore privileges off duty than anyone else. That means places you can carry, municipal or statutory infractions, traffic violations or free handouts at restaurants\stores.

    That is the treatment that we have to deal with frequently. How does it feel to be treated like a normal person? (rhetorical, not requiring an answer)

    It's sad the theater decided to ban ANY firearms from the building regardless of who carries them. We should all be able to carry anywhere we go, unless someone specifically says no as a property issue. But it is their choice. Make sure to let them know how dumb of a decision it is.

    What I am curious about though is how did they find the officer was carrying? Was it Open or did someone just notice and question him?
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  18. #18
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    ...Aurora, CO has an ordinance that bans the carry of firearms, and this is why nobody was armed at this theater! Had this happened in Ky, I can guaruntee this guy would have been killed by an armed civilian, regardless of whether the theater had a "no firearms" sign or not.
    sorry mate you are mis-informed...as a displaced aurora resident i can state, aurora colorado does not have an ordinance banning the carry of firearms but i guess it is part of the hyperbole surrounding this unfortunate event.

    wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  19. #19
    Regular Member rscottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by willub1too View Post
    I am a law enforcement agency head and have just found out that the Carmike Theater in Bethlehem, GA refused entry this week to an off-duty LEO because he was armed even though he presented his department badge and ID to the employees. I guess Carmike thinks that OCGA 16-11-130's exemptions and allowance for certified peace officers to carry "anywhere in the state" leaves room for interpretation. As I count them there are about fifty or so groups of people that are exempt from carry laws in Georgia under this code section.... That's an awful lot of dollars that Carmike is willing to turn away because of a half baked policy. I get the reason for the knee jerk restriction in light of the Aurora situation, but to limit law enforcement's access to the facility while off duty is not the best idea.... Just saying.

    You are now seeing something that Law Abiding citizens that carry experience way too often and that is after years of demonizing firearms instead of criminal behavior, we have a bunch of sheeple that wince at the mere sight of a firearm.

    Part of the demonization of firearms comes from the police.

    Whenever there is a shooting, the press releases from the police concentrate on the firearm used instead of that Little Johnny was a bad egg and had a rap sheet two miles long.

    The initial reports from the shooting in Colorado had the shooting using an full auto AK47. It did not matter that this was not true, just pin it on some evil black gun.

    Now the demonization of the firearm has gone full circle.

    The sheeple have heard over and over that guns are the problem and they do not want anyone but fully uniformed police and gubmint officials carrying guns.

    In their knee jerk reaction, they are now even excluding off duty officers as they have been told over and over that people do not need to carry guns daily.

    As a law enforcement head, I assume that it is your job to shape policy and attitudes of the officers below you.

    Perhaps you could work for better press releases when gun crimes happen. Do not show the table full of guns, show Little Johnny's mug shot and list his prior offenses.

    Perhaps you could work towards shaping the young officers minds that Law Abiding Citizens carry openly and concealed and it is their right.

    Perhaps you could work towards shaping policy that does not require an officer to jump out of his cruiser and draw down on a dad that is open carrying and playing in the park with his child.

    Perhaps you could even work on educating the public that Law Enforcement appreciates law abiding citizens that carry and understand that when the law abiding carry, crime goes down.

    Basically, you can help and we can all work together to blame the criminals for their bad behavior.

    That way we can end the blaming of the tool (firearm) that criminals illegally use.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Commerce, GA
    Posts
    11

    Respond to Carmike

    I think if all that carry would respond to or e-mail Carmike it would give them an indication how this ban would affect their cash intake. It might wake them up to the impact of their asinine decision.
    Last edited by SMSgte8; 08-13-2012 at 12:44 PM.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by SMSgte8 View Post
    I think if all that carry would respond to or e-mail Carmike it would give them an indication how this ban would affect their cash intake. It might wake them up to the impact of their asinine decision.
    I highly doubt it will affect their bottom line much, what with all the "concealed means concealed" so-called gun owners supporting them with their $$$. Read post #13 above for an excellent example.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605
    ..., and Why are Georgia Weapons Carry Licensees NOT Listed under Georgia Code 16-11-130?

    Perhaps The Georgia General Assembly will Change that when They Reconvene in January 2013.

    aadvark

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Commerce, GA
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    ..., and Why are Georgia Weapons Carry Licensees NOT Listed under Georgia Code 16-11-130?

    Perhaps The Georgia General Assembly will Change that when They Reconvene in January 2013.

    aadvark
    I doubt it since we do not have an OFFICIAL reason to carry.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605
    X:

    I Think that You may be in for a Surpirse, seeing as to how The Georgia General Assembly got very Close to do doing just that Last Legislative Session!

    2012 Legislation under Senate Bill 98 is Viewable here: http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2011_...ltext/sb98.htm

    aadvark

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Commerce, GA
    Posts
    11
    You may be right, at least I hope so, but with the latest Headlines I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •