Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FL to reach 1 million carry permits in the next few weeks!!!!

FL to reach 1 million carry permits in the next few weeks!!!!

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/c...eapons-permits

Was surprised to see that Miami-Dade county has the highest number of permits.

Too bad we don't have OC or constitutional carry.

With the large number of miscreants and gang thugs down here in Miami, I got a carry permit several years ago (pre obama) since these bastards have now taken up the practice of going into a place a shooting it up before they rob the people. I commented to my youngest daughter after the colorado incident as she was shocked that this happened, and I replied; "do you now understand why I carry?"

I refuse to be a victim.

Mike V.

I'd like to know how many of us with master's permission slips actually carry routinely. I'd say less than 2% of permit holders, if I had to guess. The more permission slips the better, it makes people more comfortable with firearms and hurts the "gun control" movement.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    The more permission slips the better, it makes people more comfortable with firearms and hurts the "gun control" movement.
    hmmm, some might say it helps gun control. Think about it, the government has now convinced almost 1 million people in florida that they need their permission to bear arms, that they do not have such a right. This should be a bad thing, not a good thing. Almost 1 million Floridians are seeking permission to carry from their government!!! I would rather read a headline that reported something like, "over 1 million Floridians have discarded their CWL and are carrying based off their rights which are protected by the 2nd Amendment," or "poll shows that most Floridians that carry do not have a CWL."

The CWL is a slap in the face to the 2nd Amendment of our constitution and all those who died or served to protect it. Rather than convince people that they have the right to keep and bear arms, the CWL reaching 1 mil has shown that we have literally convinced 1 million people in Florida that the 2nd Amendment is null and void - and they accepted it... fml
    Last edited by Schlitz; 07-27-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Rather than convince people that they have the right to keep and bear arms, the CWL reaching 1 mil has shown that we have literally convinced 1 million people in Florida that the 2nd Amendment is null and void - and they accepted it... fml
    Actually, you and I know better.

What it shows is that 975,000 people lined up to get their permit/license in order to be law abiding citizens.

MOST of them do not know, nor do they CARE TO KNOW the background of the gun movement in Florida and most of them do not frequent these forums to even attempt to learn about it.

You and I both know many people with carry permits who haven't carried a gun in years and most probably won't. They've heard snippets on the news about the 2nd Amendment, but it doesn't come into play (at least according to them) in any way in their daily lives.

So, there are approximately 20,000,000 people residing in Florida. 5% of them apparently have a piece of paper saying they can legal carry a gun on their person. Do you think even HALF of the remaining 19,000,000 realize they can have a loaded weapon in their glove box of their car?

I think that as more people get their permits and then start to actually THINK about what they're doing, we may see an upsurge in overall knowledge about weapons and the laws. Until such time, we're still a minority in the state, but we can all still help get the word out one way or the other.

AD (open carry advocate and daily practicioner)
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    So, there are approximately 20,000,000 people residing in Florida. 5% of them apparently have a piece of paper saying they can legal carry a gun on their person. Do you think even HALF of the remaining 19,000,000 realize they can have a loaded weapon in their glove box of their car?
    Actually, with out the permit they can have it in the glove box, but it CANNOT be loaded. You should know better!

INCOMING!!!!!!!

Last edited by Schlitz; 07-27-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

Uhh, you both are wrong...it has to be the 3 steps if you don't have a permit.

Last edited by shastadude17; 07-27-2012 at 10:05 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "3 step rule"
    Last edited by Schlitz; 07-27-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Here is the real Law

No where does it say a 3 step nor that it must be unloaded.

(5) Possession in Private Conveyance.--Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation
    of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for selfdefense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm
    or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein
    contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance
    when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize
    the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally
    construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including
    lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.
    790.001 Definitions.-- As used in this chapter, except where the context otherwise requires:
    (17) "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a
    gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid
    or cover to be opened for access
    God Bless America.

We're trollin bro. That's what the face we posted means...

It's like being sarcastic to get a reaction out of people.

We know the law =P

@schlitz

I see your point, but I don't agree that's how things will work in the real world. Most people don't start thinking about freedom until they have a little. Supply to some extent creates it's own demand.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    No where does it say a 3 step nor that it must be unloaded.

Not sure if stupid....or if Shasta was just 'counter-trolled' by Rick.

Last edited by Schlitz; 07-28-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I'd like to know how many of us with master's permission slips actually carry routinely. I'd say less than 2% of permit holders, if I had to guess. The more permission slips the better, it makes people more comfortable with firearms and hurts the "gun control" movement.
    Every time I leave the house I am armed.

Mike V.

Is it safe to post a reply here now?

790.25(5) mentions nothing about being loaded, unloaded or otherwise.

AD
    NRA Certified Instructor

AD
    are you serious ADulay?

Banned

AD
    your patience will be rewarded ...

4 dancing monkeys for you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    are you serious ADulay?
    OK, I'm looking to take the big fall here.....

Will someone please point out the appropriate statute that says the weapon in the glovebox needs to be unloaded?

I do not believe this to be true and a loaded handgun can be in the glovebox for legal personal defense as previously shown with fs 790(25)(5).

AD
    NRA Certified Instructor

"The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

OK, I'm looking to take the big fall here.....

Will someone please point out the appropriate statute that says the weapon in the glovebox needs to be unloaded?

I do not believe this to be true and a loaded handgun can be in the glovebox for legal personal defense as previously shown with fs 790(25)(5).

AD
    AD, they were being facetious. Spouting some of the urban carry myths we've heard over and over again through the years.
    Director,
    Florida Carry, Inc.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

Quote Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
    AD, they were being facetious. Spouting some of the urban carry myths we've heard over and over again through the years.
    Hence the troll face...the 2nd troll face...the dos equis guy....and the tap dancing troll....oh yeah, and the "not sure if" meme....

AD....what we're trying to say is....WE GOT YOU, BOY!!! WE DONE RUSTLED YOUR JIMMIES!!!!

Last edited by Schlitz; 07-30-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Ouch! Run over by a carload of trolls and I never saw it coming!!

Serves me right. I was so busy at the range that it went right over my head!!

Must be the senility starting to kick in, eh?

Oh yeah, here's a picture of me going after the last batch of guys who "trolled" me and thought they got away with it. (hehehe)

AD

NRA Certified Instructor

Serves me right. I was so busy at the range that it went right over my head!!

Must be the senility starting to kick in, eh?

Oh yeah, here's a picture of me going after the last batch of guys who "trolled" me and thought they got away with it. (hehehe)

AD

Where do you guys do IDPA down there, AD? Going to visit my folks in Ft. Myers soon. Would love to drop in on a match.
    Director,
    Florida Carry, Inc.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

Did someone say troll car?

Last edited by Schlitz; 07-31-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
    Where do you guys do IDPA down there, AD? Going to visit my folks in Ft. Myers soon. Would love to drop in on a match.
    You're in luck. We do a weekly IDPA shoot at 6pm on every Monday night of the year and the 2nd Saturday of the month at 9am.

The shoot is at the Hansen Range just up the road off US41 coming out of Fort Myers.

The Monday night session is 4 stages while the Saturday one is 8 full stages.

If it's your first time at our range, plan on showing up at 5:30pm or so for a quick range briefing.

Bring $10, a box of ammo, eyes and ears and your carry gun!!

I'm there every Monday except the last two weeks in August due to my annual trek to Sturgis.

Would love to have you show up. I'll take enough videos to make Spielberg look like a piker!!

AD
    Last edited by ADulay; 08-01-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    NRA Certified Instructor

You're in luck. We do a weekly IDPA shoot at 6pm on every Monday night of the year and the 2nd Saturday of the month at 9am.

The shoot is at the Hansen Range just up the road off US41 coming out of Fort Myers.

The Monday night session is 4 stages while the Saturday one is 8 full stages.

If it's your first time at our range, plan on showing up at 5:30pm or so for a quick range briefing.

Bring $10, a box of ammo, eyes and ears and your carry gun!!

I'm there every Monday except the last two weeks in August due to my annual trek to Sturgis.

Would love to have you show up. I'll take enough videos to make Spielberg look like a piker!!

AD

i don't know what that means but i want to come too. what do you do there? go through a course and shoot things? please don't troll me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast