• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FL to reach 1 million carry permits in the next few weeks!!!!

mavidal

With the large number of miscreants and gang thugs down here in Miami, I got a carry permit several years ago (pre obama) since these bastards have now taken up the practice of going into a place a shooting it up before they rob the people. I commented to my youngest daughter after the colorado incident as she was shocked that this happened, and I replied; "do you now understand why I carry?"

I refuse to be a victim.

Mike V.

77zach

I'd like to know how many of us with master's permission slips actually carry routinely. I'd say less than 2% of permit holders, if I had to guess. The more permission slips the better, it makes people more comfortable with firearms and hurts the "gun control" movement.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
The more permission slips the better, it makes people more comfortable with firearms and hurts the "gun control" movement.

hmmm, some might say it helps gun control. Think about it, the government has now convinced almost 1 million people in florida that they need their permission to bear arms, that they do not have such a right. This should be a bad thing, not a good thing. Almost 1 million Floridians are seeking permission to carry from their government!!! I would rather read a headline that reported something like, "over 1 million Floridians have discarded their CWL and are carrying based off their rights which are protected by the 2nd Amendment," or "poll shows that most Floridians that carry do not have a CWL."

The CWL is a slap in the face to the 2nd Amendment of our constitution and all those who died or served to protect it. Rather than convince people that they have the right to keep and bear arms, the CWL reaching 1 mil has shown that we have literally convinced 1 million people in Florida that the 2nd Amendment is null and void - and they accepted it... fml

Last edited:

ADulay

Rather than convince people that they have the right to keep and bear arms, the CWL reaching 1 mil has shown that we have literally convinced 1 million people in Florida that the 2nd Amendment is null and void - and they accepted it... fml

Actually, you and I know better.

What it shows is that 975,000 people lined up to get their permit/license in order to be law abiding citizens.

MOST of them do not know, nor do they CARE TO KNOW the background of the gun movement in Florida and most of them do not frequent these forums to even attempt to learn about it.

You and I both know many people with carry permits who haven't carried a gun in years and most probably won't. They've heard snippets on the news about the 2nd Amendment, but it doesn't come into play (at least according to them) in any way in their daily lives.

So, there are approximately 20,000,000 people residing in Florida. 5% of them apparently have a piece of paper saying they can legal carry a gun on their person. Do you think even HALF of the remaining 19,000,000 realize they can have a loaded weapon in their glove box of their car?

I think that as more people get their permits and then start to actually THINK about what they're doing, we may see an upsurge in overall knowledge about weapons and the laws. Until such time, we're still a minority in the state, but we can all still help get the word out one way or the other.

AD (open carry advocate and daily practicioner)

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
So, there are approximately 20,000,000 people residing in Florida. 5% of them apparently have a piece of paper saying they can legal carry a gun on their person. Do you think even HALF of the remaining 19,000,000 realize they can have a loaded weapon in their glove box of their car?

Actually, with out the permit they can have it in the glove box, but it CANNOT be loaded. You should know better!

INCOMING!!!!!!!

index.php

Last edited:

Rick H

Here is the real Law

No where does it say a 3 step nor that it must be unloaded.

(5) Possession in Private Conveyance.--Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation
of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for selfdefense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm
or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein
contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance
when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize
the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally
construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including
lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.
790.001 Definitions.-- As used in this chapter, except where the context otherwise requires:
(17) "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a
gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid
or cover to be opened for access

shastadude17

We're trollin bro. That's what the face we posted means...

It's like being sarcastic to get a reaction out of people.

We know the law =P

77zach

@schlitz

I see your point, but I don't agree that's how things will work in the real world. Most people don't start thinking about freedom until they have a little. Supply to some extent creates it's own demand.

mavidal

I'd like to know how many of us with master's permission slips actually carry routinely. I'd say less than 2% of permit holders, if I had to guess. The more permission slips the better, it makes people more comfortable with firearms and hurts the "gun control" movement.

Every time I leave the house I am armed.

Mike V.

ADulay

are you serious ADulay?

OK, I'm looking to take the big fall here.....

Will someone please point out the appropriate statute that says the weapon in the glovebox needs to be unloaded?

I do not believe this to be true and a loaded handgun can be in the glovebox for legal personal defense as previously shown with fs 790(25)(5).

AD

rvrctyrngr

OK, I'm looking to take the big fall here.....

Will someone please point out the appropriate statute that says the weapon in the glovebox needs to be unloaded?

I do not believe this to be true and a loaded handgun can be in the glovebox for legal personal defense as previously shown with fs 790(25)(5).

AD

AD, they were being facetious. Spouting some of the urban carry myths we've heard over and over again through the years.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
AD, they were being facetious. Spouting some of the urban carry myths we've heard over and over again through the years.

Hence the troll face...the 2nd troll face...the dos equis guy....and the tap dancing troll....oh yeah, and the "not sure if" meme....

AD....what we're trying to say is....WE GOT YOU, BOY!!! WE DONE RUSTLED YOUR JIMMIES!!!!

troll-animatedtrolldance.gif
3e7.jpg

Last edited: