Thread: Serial slaughter: Bear kills 70 sheep in Montana (Warning: graphic photographs)

Serial slaughter: Bear kills 70 sheep in Montana (Warning: graphic photographs)

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...tcmp=obnetwork

I read the story linked above about the serial killer bear in Montana and a quote in it stood out.

"The problem is, once they discover how easy it is to kill sheep in particular, they seldom stop killing [them]."

You could say the same thing about oppressive governments throughout history....just sayin'.

Edited to add, I don't think the pictures are graphic.
    Last edited by rscottie; 07-26-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Don't feed the bears.

Once you start feeding them they often forget how to take care of themselves. Just like welfare, since we are comparing governments and animal behavior.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Sure, blame the bears. Where is the proof? It is more evidence of aliens conducting medical experiments.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Yes, those appear to be pictures of dead sheep. tHey do not appear to be pictures of dead sheep taken at the site where the sheep were made dead. Pure PSH theatrics, if you ask me. Next thing you know they will be claiming that picnic baskets are being stolen by bears.

Seriously - where are the sheepdogs? Or are the sheep-raisers taking a caluclated chance that the sheep will not be made dead until they are rounded up to be turned into lamb chops?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

But the big question is did the bear use a gun to kill the sheep? I guess not or it would have been all over the news.

*Sarcasim*

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I live half the year in Montana.

The big issue up there is livestock predation by wolves.

According to all the research I have read, wolves account for about 1% of all deaths of livestock in Montana.

Cars, disease, old age, and many other factors account for the deaths of 98-99% of all live stock.

I dont know where grizzlies fit into this picture but they certainly kill a few animals a year.

Funny how they moved the grizzly to Canada though. I wish America could deport all of our criminal illegal aliens to Canada !!!
    I would say deport them Zimbabwe that way they can't walk back across the boarder.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Have them patrol the southen border.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.