• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Barbecue Franktown August 4

GAMER80116

Hi all. Everyone is invited to an Open Carry Barbecue on Saturday, August 4 2012 at Franktown Firearms. Come with your favorite holstered firearm and enjoy some free food and drinks. It starts at noon and goes until 5 pm. Bring drinks and/or camping chairs and come to share ideas and mingle with other open carriers while we all demonstrate one of our most fundamental rights as Americans and law abiding citizens. We look forward to meeting all of those that can make it out!

For more information and the address, please visit us at www.franktownfirearms.com

We hope to see you there!

Thanks!

Wolfstanus

I'm tempted to go. I work a closing shift too so I don't have to be at work till 6pm.

It's an hour drive though.

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

I'm tempted to go. I work a closing shift too so I don't have to be at work till 6pm.

It's an hour drive though.

Your alot closer than i am ha ha.

Ill see what i can figure out id love to go and meet up with you guys, not so hot on some of the wording but id love to get out and meet you guys i haven't met yet. oh just a side note to Franktown firearms, may want to update the link to OCDO to this thread, just noticed it takes you to the old one! hope you guys have a awesome time out there and hopefully I'm im able to work it into my schedule. Stay Safe guys!

Last edited:

GAMER80116

Your alot closer than i am ha ha.

Ill see what i can figure out id love to go and meet up with you guys, not so hot on some of the wording but id love to get out and meet you guys i haven't met yet. oh just a side note to Franktown firearms, may want to update the link to OCDO to this thread, just noticed it takes you to the old one! hope you guys have a awesome time out there and hopefully I'm im able to work it into my schedule. Stay Safe guys!

Hope to see you all there. As far as the "wording" goes, we don't claim to be wordsmiths, but the general idea is that we feel that way, and that is why we are hosting this event. We are providing a large location for everyone else that feels this way to have a meetup place to have fun and discuss current events/issues with like minded law abiding citizens. A right unexcersized is a right lost, to say the least. We hope to see you there!

Last edited:

GTShooter

Im not completely sure but August 4 seems I have something in my calendar. If thats not the case ( have to doble check with the wife) we'll be there.

Wolfstanus

Howdy Folks!
I'll be your huckleberry!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

So....
Huckleberry-Hound-01-Sheriff-Huckleberry.jpg

You saying that reminded me of that cartoon... Must have been the hat.

wmodavis

I'm planning on coming too. May stop up at the Tanner show first but haven't decided that for sure. See ya all there.

GAMER80116

We are ready!

Hi all!

We are all set up and ready to party, with the grill for the barbeque, hot dogs, chips and drinks!

We get started at noon and go until five.

Don't forget to bring your favorite holstered handgun on your hip (or however else you open carry it).

Let the fun and the show and tell begin! We hope to see you there!

-The Franktown Firearm Crew

www.franktownfirearms.com for more information, like directions.

Look for our sign out on the road, you can't miss it.

Attachments

• NEW SHOP PIC.jpg
    NEW SHOP PIC.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 86

Keens

I will be there at noon. I know you have food and drink, but I'll stop at Wal-mart and get a case of Pepsi or Coke to bring. See you guys soon!

Keens

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I anticipate being there. Expect I might even wear an expensive hat!
Suppose I should tote the 1911 today, considering I bought it at Franktown Firearms and all.

Be there.... show up.... holster your pride and have some fun!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

nkunnen

Howdy Folks!
I anticipate being there. Expect I might even wear an expensive hat!
Suppose I should tote the 1911 today, considering I bought it at Franktown Firearms and all.

Be there.... show up.... holster your pride and have some fun!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Hey M, can i get a ride to franktown? If not I will drive. Just my truck is really expensive on gas.

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

I missed it..
I'm sorry..

I was out with the Rangers until midnight and didn't wake up until 11am.. I'm worn out.. =(

I REALLY wanted to make this one..

--Rob