• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Custom Gun Holsters

MainelyGlock

This is in the state forum because i'm looking for someone local.

I'd like to find someone in Maine who can make a custom leather or kydex holster for my Glock 22, and a few magazines. One for my laser/light attachment would be cool. Anybody have a friend? :) Thanks!

CCinMaine

Its not local, but seeing as you got no posts I'll suggest Crossbreed. I have a super tuck for my G21. Love it. Super comfy for an IWB. Pricy, but worth it IMHO. I'm not sure if they can be made to be attachment friendly though...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

MainelyGlock

Its not local, but seeing as you got no posts I'll suggest Crossbreed. I have a super tuck for my G21. Love it. Super comfy for an IWB. Pricy, but worth it IMHO. I'm not sure if they can be made to be attachment friendly though...

I've looked at those, but the price turned me off to them. I'm getting sick of using a DeSantis as a IWB holster though, so I think I will give them a second look. I've heard nothing but good things about them, too!

CCinMaine

I've looked at those, but the price turned me off to them. I'm getting sick of using a DeSantis as a IWB holster though, so I think I will give them a second look. I've heard nothing but good things about them, too!

I love mine. Lifetime warranty, and you can send it back to get the kydex reformed to any firearm for like $40 if you wish. At least worth a second look. Or maybe glance at the holster section of the forum. I bet there is a discussion on crossbreed over there.

MainelyGlock

I love mine. Lifetime warranty, and you can send it back to get the kydex reformed to any firearm for like $40 if you wish. At least worth a second look. Or maybe glance at the holster section of the forum. I bet there is a discussion on crossbreed over there.

How noticeable (as far as being able to feel your pistol) does it make your Glock? I'm struggling to conceal my Glock 22 in the summer time. Makes me want to buy a G27.

boyscout399

If you're looking for one to accommodate your light/laser, try ravenconcealment. I've heard nothing but good things about those guys, and they make holsters for a large variety of guns with a large variety of light/laser attachments. You said you're drawn away from crossbreed because of price? I can guarantee that a custom leather or kydex will be much more expensive than any crossbreed. Their prices are very reasonable. Custom=money. Also remember that once you get the right holster, it's unlikely that you'll ever have to replace it, so spending $100 now for a good quality holster is going to be better for you than getting 3 or 5 junky $40 holsters.

MainelyGlock

If you're looking for one to accommodate your light/laser, try ravenconcealment. I've heard nothing but good things about those guys, and they make holsters for a large variety of guns with a large variety of light/laser attachments. You said you're drawn away from crossbreed because of price? I can guarantee that a custom leather or kydex will be much more expensive than any crossbreed. Their prices are very reasonable. Custom=money. Also remember that once you get the right holster, it's unlikely that you'll ever have to replace it, so spending $100 now for a good quality holster is going to be better for you than getting 3 or 5 junky $40 holsters.

I've seen some videos where makers of custom holders can create a holster for the gun, a few magazines, and something such as a suppressor holder for the price of a Crossbreed. So I guess I don't really have a problem with the amount itself, as much as what it would come with. That being said, I'd much rather pay more for a quality name brand holster than a bunch of custom holsters that aren't as reliable. (Like you mentioned above). The more reviews I read/watch, the more I'm reconsidering.

CCinMaine

I can guarantee that a custom leather or kydex will be much more expensive than any crossbreed. Their prices are very reasonable. Custom=money. Also remember that once you get the right holster, it's unlikely that you'll ever have to replace it, so spending $100 now for a good quality holster is going to be better for you than getting 3 or 5 junky $40 holsters.

Just think of it as an investment.

SPOProds

I am going to start making Kydex holsters in the near future. Just waiting on all the equipment. If anyone in Maine would like one let me know. Once I make my first one I can post pics and start a new thread. Actually I've already made some but am not happy with the quality due to subpar equipment. They design and retention are awesome though. PMs welcome if anyone is interested in a custom holster....or just hanging out.

CCinMaine

I am going to start making Kydex holsters in the near future. Just waiting on all the equipment. If anyone in Maine would like one let me know. Once I make my first one I can post pics and start a new thread. Actually I've already made some but am not happy with the quality due to subpar equipment. They design and retention are awesome though. PMs welcome if anyone is interested in a custom holster....or just hanging out.

Rough estimate of price after you are up and running?

SPOProds

Rough estimate of price after you are up and running?

Havne't come up with prices yet but cheaper than the big boys <$75 per holster. Price will also vary based on design IWB/OWB/AIWB. Also should be a 2 week lead time at most compared to the 8-12 week wait from the larger companies.

MainelyGlock

Havne't come up with prices yet but cheaper than the big boys <$75 per holster. Price will also vary based on design IWB/OWB/AIWB. Also should be a 2 week lead time at most compared to the 8-12 week wait from the larger companies.

Well hey, once you've gotten the ball rolling, shoot me a message. If the funds are available, I'd love to buy one for my Glock.

CCinMaine

I'm also potentially interested if I can get the cash when you are running.

MainelyGlock

Any progress on the holster business? I'm looking for a IWB for my new PPQ, but I can hold off for awhile if you're close to starting up.

SPOProds

Any progress on the holster business? I'm looking for a IWB for my new PPQ, but I can hold off for awhile if you're close to starting up.

Yea I've got some designs down. Have to acquire the blue guns for molding but here are some examples.

Before I gave it a curve.
48e36553-8a9e-d177.jpg

Don't mind the Serpa and the sheath.
48e36553-8ad0-4a86.jpg

PMag Carrier
48e36553-8af5-4d54.jpg

48e36553-8b5e-d0f3.jpg

Until I get my blue guns I can do Glock 17/22/31/37(slide through) and Glock 19/23/32/38(semi closed like in the picture or completely closed like the mag carriers) as well as Glock 9/40 mag carriers. PMag and G.I. mag carriers as well. PM for pricing. OWB only for now. I have an IWB design that is great for appendix carry but no pictures yet working it a few kinks.

mtbduluth

MainelyGlock,
I am in the process of building my own hybrid IWB holster very similar to the 'highly rated' Crossbreed Supertuck.

Supertuck Front.jpg

I have the leather for my holster and could get more. I will be ordering the Kydex and hardware this week. If you are interested in giving it a go, PM me. I will be back in Maine (Brunswick area) towards the last part of Sept.

Cheers