Thread: Traveling to Milwaukee tonight! As in 30 min from now!

Activist Member

Traveling to Milwaukee tonight! As in 30 min from now!

I am traveling from good old Johnson County, Kansas to good old Wisconsin! Driving straight 9.5 hours non stop to get to a wedding lol! Considering I drove from Kansas to Anchorage, Alaska, this shouldn't be too bad of a drive. Hope it goes well, like no flat tires or car problems! Hopefully the deer will be nice and not run into my car during the night of driving.

Oh I also will be carrying my trusty Glock35 .40 Cal with me for the trip, got my conceal license so I'm good!
    Last edited by DWCook; 07-27-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Banned
    Am I on twitter now?

Watch out for those big Dalmatians ! They get big in WS.

Have a save trip.

Did you like being a victim in IL? It stinks still living there, but change is on the way.

Well welcome to our State. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I would try to go see the Lake when you get into town. Afrer all, you won't be in Kansas anymore!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Did you like being a victim in IL? It stinks still living there, but change is on the way.
    I lived in IL ... many people carried in the county I lived in & the PDs do nothing about it.

Change is on the way .. oh no, not a doubling of the income tax again. Hope that's not the change you're expecting lol.

All of Illinois gun restrictions were meant to subjugate the black population of cook county; at least that is what old man Daley told me back in the late 60's.

You are superior to Daleks in one aspect.....dying.

Anywho, no not our horrible taxes (another discussion), but we will finally get the ability to carry soon in IL, at least that is the hope of many here because of the court cases and legislation pending. I hope my change will be to move sometime in the next 3 to 5 years.

Johnson County... isn't that the KC area?
    I've made that drive many times myself.
    According to www.handgunlaw.us your KS license is honored by WI.
    Just watch out for school zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Johnson County... isn't that the KC area?
    I've made that drive many times myself.
    According to www.handgunlaw.us your KS license is honored by WI.
    Just watch out for school zones.

You bring up a good point for out of state CCL holders.

As I understand, any out of state CCL still have the 1000 foot school zone issue. Fed law I guess...

I must add that I have yet to hear of a case, but it could happen. That is, if I understand it correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    You bring up a good point for out of state CCL holders.

As I understand, any out of state CCL still have the 1000 foot school zone issue. Fed law I guess...

I must add that I have yet to hear of a case, but it could happen. That is, if I understand it correctly...
    The federal law still applies to all of us. The state (and therefore the local popo) don't enforce federal law. If you are unlucky enough to encounter FBI or something on a roadside stop, you may still be at risk.

The state exemption for CCW holders in GFSZ applies to all holders, even out of state ones. That information came from a thread here way back when the law was being created so your results may vary.

He's GTG on GFSZ. Though, the idea of traveling through IL would make me nervous. Their state police, as I understand it are not typically sympathetic, and that's what you'll be encountering on the way through if you have LEO contact.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

McX
    and now a little road music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeRa3RtBiIU

Quote Originally Posted by RR_Broccoli
    The federal law still applies to all of us.
    Right.

The state exemption for CCW holders in GFSZ applies to all holders, even out of state ones.
    It's in state law, yes, but federal law says that a person has to have a license issued by the state in which the school is to be protected from legal harm.
    Federal law also says that in order to have a license from a state, a LEA in that state has to do a background check.
    The laws seriously need to be changed.
    Make them like driving laws - everyone honors everyone else's license.

.[/QUOTE]

MKE I like the quote from proverbs. Oh by the way when you enter Wisconsin make sure you have a laser measurer to make sure you are 1000ft from GFSZs. Need to stop and measure before proceeding. Have a safe trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider
    when you enter Wisconsin make sure you have a laser measurer to make sure you are 1000ft from GFSZs.
    I believe it's actually better (from a criminal defense point of view) if you don't make any effort to know where schools are.
    Follow me here...
    The law requires 'knowingly' being too close. *
    Measuring means that you knew or should have known how far you were from a school.

Isn't that part of the argument they used against the guy who was riding his bike in (IIRC) Green Bay?
    He admitted he'd measured to see where the restricted areas were,
    but the city measured 2 or 3 times as part of preparing a case against him, & when even they couldn't come to an agreement about where the invisible line was the judge dismissed the case.

* 948.605 (2) (a)
    Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is in or on the grounds of a school is guilty of a Class I felony.
    Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school is subject to a Class B forfeiture.

Activist Member
    I got back sunday night, must say I enjoyed myself in Milwaukee! I love Harley Davisons, saw TONS of them! Knowing its the birth place of Harley, I expected it. But the wedding was held at the Knights of Columbus? I might have named that wrong, but its close to highway 100 and the Super8 Hotel. I came up during the German Fest and Brewers game......it was HELL getting through downtown! Over all, trip was fun!
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!