Thread: Ping!

Ping!

http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/07/2...-baseball-bat/

The guy in the image above is named Horatio Coates. If Horatio looks a little dazed and confused, well, he has good reason to be. Earlier this week, he was repeatedly struck upside the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat while attempting to steal DVDs from a Dollar General. The blows to the head were delivered by the storeís manager, and fortunately for us, the whole ordeal was recorded during a 911 call.
    You can listen to the audio in the News 9 clip below. Itís worth it:
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Banned
    The store manager was just pinging him under control ... he must not have popped him that hard or his head would be all messed up.

OMFG THATS FUNNY!!!!!! im sure id be buying a new monitor if i had been drinking something!
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Knowing the feelings of many toward police on the forum, I wonder if the story were this:

... Earlier this week, he was repeatedly struck upside the cranium with a baton while attempting to steal DVDs from a Dollar General. The blows to the head were delivered by a city police officer, and fortunately for us, the whole ordeal was recorded during a 911 call.

I bet they would come out of the woodwork.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Knowing the feelings of many toward police on the forum, I wonder if the story were this:

good point.
    Last edited by PFC HALE; 07-27-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Should clarify that it's an unarmed offduty officer. Otherwise your comparison fails. A police officer would have better tools and training to deal with the situation. If he were to use an aluminum bat, it'd be a demonstration of malice, rather than an honest attempt to apprehend a suspect.

McX
    robbing or stealing from a dollar store?! how much lower can one sink?!

At least a aluminum bat was used, they are much safer than wooden bats.....just ask the NCAA.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    robbing or stealing from a dollar store?! how much lower can one sink?!
    Dime store....are there any left?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Dime store....are there any left?
    i believe they became dollar stores after being adjusted for bummer inflation.

Agreed, this would have been a classic use of the TASER....which would have probably sounded just as funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Should clarify that it's an unarmed offduty officer. Otherwise your comparison fails. A police officer would have better tools and training to deal with the situation. If he were to use an aluminum bat, it'd be a demonstration of malice, rather than an honest attempt to apprehend a suspect.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    That guy with the bat should be put in jail!
    We're all just trying to make a living.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

If the police officer was protecting his property at his house great, when he is acting as a tool for the system big problem.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Should clarify that it's an unarmed offduty officer.
    I can see that.

For s&g's lets say uniformed @ baton to the head over a CD v. owner @ aluminum bat to the head over a CD, not really much difference. Still excessive for a petty thief. Of course providing the thief had no weapon, and posed no physical threat. IMO.

A police officer would have better tools and training to deal with the situation.
    Right?
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain, ga-a-ang.
    Last edited by hjmoosejaw; 07-28-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    watch your top knot !

My family thought this was the funniest thing they have ever heard. I had to replay it 3 times it was so funny. I didn't know they would "ping" like that hitting an animal. Underwear man has been defeated again.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Activist Member

Yep. It isn't an officers job to beat someone upside the head to defend someone else's property. It would have been the officer's job to arrest the individual. Now had the individual become extremely violent, then of course I would understand an officer defending himself.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Another gentleman and I on another forum had a bit of fun with this, I captured and remixed it a bit and he added circus music to it for a ring/notification tone. If anyone is interested in it I can email it to them file is too large to send via text.
    I do not know if the below link will work for preview.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cadvk2pjwt..._funny_1.mp3?m

Banned

Cop or no cop .. a lawsuit will be filed ... how many times can you hit someone in the head with a bat and NOT be liable for a civil charge? There must be a number....

A bat is a deadly weapon...the guy who pinged him can expect service right about ... now.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Cop or no cop .. a lawsuit will be filed ... how many times can you hit someone in the head with a bat and NOT be liable for a civil charge? There must be a number....

A bat is a deadly weapon...the guy who pinged him can expect service right about ... now.
    I disagree, he only hit him until there was no more threat. He didn't hit him while he was on the ground and he did call 911. I would ask for a jury trial if it came to it as you wouldn't find 12 of anyone that would convict this guy. You might find 12 people that would like to give him a medal though. I really think people are fed up with the goverment and criminals, and if you put underwear on your head and commit robbery and threaten people I for one would like to see you 6 feet under. If I was on a jury this guy would get a medal for striking this criminal out.