• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ping!

Kirbinator

http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/07/...ef-in-the-head-with-an-aluminum-baseball-bat/

The guy in the image above is named Horatio Coates. If Horatio looks a little dazed and confused, well, he has good reason to be. Earlier this week, he was repeatedly struck upside the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat while attempting to steal DVDs from a Dollar General. The blows to the head were delivered by the store’s manager, and fortunately for us, the whole ordeal was recorded during a 911 call.
You can listen to the audio in the News 9 clip below. It’s worth it:

:banana:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The store manager was just pinging him under control ... he must not have popped him that hard or his head would be all messed up.

PFC HALE

OMFG THATS FUNNY!!!!!! im sure id be buying a new monitor if i had been drinking something!

jbone

Knowing the feelings of many toward police on the forum, I wonder if the story were this:

... Earlier this week, he was repeatedly struck upside the cranium with a baton while attempting to steal DVDs from a Dollar General. The blows to the head were delivered by a city police officer, and fortunately for us, the whole ordeal was recorded during a 911 call.

I bet they would come out of the woodwork.

Jack House

Knowing the feelings of many toward police on the forum, I wonder if the story were this:

Should clarify that it's an unarmed offduty officer. Otherwise your comparison fails. A police officer would have better tools and training to deal with the situation. If he were to use an aluminum bat, it'd be a demonstration of malice, rather than an honest attempt to apprehend a suspect.

M

McX

robbing or stealing from a dollar store?! how much lower can one sink?!

DocWalker

Agreed, this would have been a classic use of the TASER....which would have probably sounded just as funny.

Should clarify that it's an unarmed offduty officer. Otherwise your comparison fails. A police officer would have better tools and training to deal with the situation. If he were to use an aluminum bat, it'd be a demonstration of malice, rather than an honest attempt to apprehend a suspect.

jbone

Should clarify that it's an unarmed offduty officer.
I can see that.

For s&g's lets say uniformed @ baton to the head over a CD v. owner @ aluminum bat to the head over a CD, not really much difference. Still excessive for a petty thief. Of course providing the thief had no weapon, and posed no physical threat. IMO.

A police officer would have better tools and training to deal with the situation.
:rolleyes: Right?

09jisaac

My family thought this was the funniest thing they have ever heard. I had to replay it 3 times it was so funny. I didn't know they would "ping" like that hitting an animal. Underwear man has been defeated again.

KYGlockster

Activist Member

Yep. It isn't an officers job to beat someone upside the head to defend someone else's property. It would have been the officer's job to arrest the individual. Now had the individual become extremely violent, then of course I would understand an officer defending himself.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Cop or no cop .. a lawsuit will be filed ... how many times can you hit someone in the head with a bat and NOT be liable for a civil charge? There must be a number....

A bat is a deadly weapon...the guy who pinged him can expect service right about ... now.