• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Romney and President Obama in the Foreign Policy Ring...

Beretta92FSLady

..Romney jabs, jabs...President Obama blocks, blocks, comes back at Romney with a shot to the stomach--contact--, and a hook--contact--Romney's dazed, staggering a bit, Romney stumbles back to his corner to regroup:

"President Barack Obama is signing a new U.S.-Israel security pact on Friday -- a move that could steal some of the headlines there even as Republican challenger Mitt Romney opens a visit to the close U.S. ally a day later. Obama signs the United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act -- a bill that clears the way for the United States to provide more military equipment to Israel -- at 10:15 a.m.

With the former Massachusetts governor visiting Britain, Israel, and Poland this week to polish his foreign policy credentials, the Obama Administration has been playing up its cooperation with those staunch American allies." http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-welcomes-romney-israel-security-bill-024555979.html

Romney overseas, pushing his Foreign credentials, and President Obama takes the jelly right out of his donut.

Beretta92FSLady

Romney, the one-term Governor...

Romney is turning out to be an odd choice for the GOP. Romney has more experience running for office than actually being in office. And then he goes overseas to flex his Foreign Policy Muscle:

"LONDON — Mitt Romney wanted to highlight U.S.-British bonds - and show off his diplomatic skills to boot - but he managed to rankle the Olympic hosts instead, from Prime Minister David Cameron on down.
The Republican presidential candidate, taking a turn on the world stage, called London's problems with Olympic Games preparation "disconcerting." That prompted Cameron to retort on Thursday that doubters would "see beyond doubt that Britain can deliver." And London Mayor Boris Johnson told tens of thousands gathered in Hyde Park: "There's a guy called Mitt Romney who wants to know if we are ready. Are we ready? Yes we are!"
Amid the uproar, Romney tried to back off his critique, finally concluding, "I expect the games to be highly successful."
Romney also caused a stir with his attendance at a fundraiser with banking executives tainted by a British interest rate-fixing scandal. And he inadvertently disclosed that he held a secret meeting with the head of Britain's intelligence service.
The bobbles threatened to undermine Romney's first international tour as the man who would replace Democratic President Barack Obama.
A one-term Massachusetts governor with limited foreign policy experience, he is hoping to show voters back home that he is ready to represent the U.S. strongly and smoothly at a time of global economic turmoil and security troubles. He also wants to emphasize his own tenure running the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City by attending this year's opening ceremonies. And he hopes to draw subtle contrasts with Obama." http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2018774391_apeuromneybritain.html

I'm looking forward to the debates. Romney is going to have his butt handed to him. The least the GOP could have done was put up a candidate that isn't the degree of flip-flopping a$$hattery Romney appears to be.

Last edited: