• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama Claims Second Amendment About “Hunting” In Gun Control Stunt

Gil223

And here I thought Obama couldn't have said anything more stupid than his comment about business people (silly me!). From Infowars.com:
President Barack Obama has caved to pressure from his supporters and finally exploited last week’s Aurora massacre to begin the push for gun control, erroneously claiming during a speech last night that the second amendment is about hunting and target practice. “We recognize the traditions of gun ownership that passed on from generation to generation, that hunting and shooting are part of a cherished national heritage,” said Obama during remarks made at a National Urban League Conference in New Orleans.
In reality, the founders put the second amendment in the bill of rights not to ensure Americans could enjoy hunting or target practice, but as a protection against government tyranny.
As James Madison wrote in the Federalist Papers, the right to bear arms was seen as a means of protecting liberties against government intrusion. Madison noted that in “several kingdoms of Europe … governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.”
Obama goes on to say,
“I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals. That they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities,” said Obama.

As stated, that's almost correct. The AK-47s of war are fully-automatic weapons. The AKs owned by the vast majority of the LACs are semi-automatic. I don't see where the LAC would have much use for a true assault rifle, but I don't believe we should be deprived - or taxed - in order to own and possess one if we so desired. I'd post more, but I have to call up the militia now, so we can go hunting after target practice! Pax...

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
And here I thought Obama couldn't have said anything more stupid than his comment about business people (silly me!). From Infowars.com: I'd post more, but I have to call up the militia so we can go hunting after target practice! Pax...

The anti's have no choice but to still say the amendment is about hunting ... even though its fantasy.

Of course, elections are coming up ... I always like to have a nice friendly chat outside my polling place with politicians who are standing around campaigning.

So, go to debates, ask questions that make them look like idiots. Its not hard to do. I have called all GOP\democrat candidates asking about her stance on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendment issues.

In a few years, my generation will be seen as zealots whose ideas, like we should be able to board a plane w/o being stripped searched, will be proof that we support terrorism. Our ideas and thoughts will be outlawed and we'll all be executed for such outlandish ideas and thoughts.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Well, I guess we should all start carrying a copy of, "The Second Amendment Primer," by Les Adams. In the intro the guys tells us that while he is a gun owner he had never cared one way or the other about the 2nd Amendment. He is a lawyer who originally believed in the 'collect' right view. Then he heard some idiot legal mind talking about the 2A and knew that the guy talking was an idiot so he started down the road to find out the truth.

For such a small book he does go rather in depth and shows that historically the right to keep and bear arms has been an individual right since man started walking on this earth.

And shows how quickly a country of disarmed citizens falls apart.

He addresses the standing armies, the militias, and mercenaries.

Just food for thought. http://www.amazon.com/AMENDMENT-Gui...8&sr=8-1&keywords=the+second+amendment+primer