• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canyon County Fair

DocWalker

I OC'ed all afternoon and evening at the Canyon County Fair without anyone saying anything or even giving me the googly eyes. Well I did have one of my friends who is an ADA County Paramedic tell me he did know it was legal to carry in the fair. I told him it was county property and taxes pay for it so they can't stop you. He said if he knew he could he would have OC'ed. He didn't even bring his pistol and he just got his CCW, he did say he would wear it next time. I even watched the Jodi Mencena concert from the VIP tent and sat at the table right next to a bunch of the Fair Board members and they didn't say a thing.

Great day for OCing.

carracer

I OC'ed all afternoon and evening at the Canyon County Fair without anyone saying anything or even giving me the googly eyes. Well I did have one of my friends who is an ADA County Paramedic tell me he did know it was legal to carry in the fair. I told him it was county property and taxes pay for it so they can't stop you. He said if he knew he could he would have OC'ed. He didn't even bring his pistol and he just got his CCW, he did say he would wear it next time. I even watched the Jodi Mencena concert from the VIP tent and sat at the table right next to a bunch of the Fair Board members and they didn't say a thing.

Great day for OCing.

Perfect! I was out of town so wasn't able to go.

Ruger9mm

Really? I ask because their website states that "Possession of any article defined as a weapon will not be allowed". So I carried concealed to avoid any issue with their security at the gate.

DocWalker

Really? I ask because their website states that "Possession of any article defined as a weapon will not be allowed". So I carried concealed to avoid any issue with their security at the gate.

Really, and I didn't bother looking on their website for illegal information.

I just carried as I did the year before and the only reaction I got was from a couple of my fellow paramedics that where going to OC next year as they didn't know you could. I explained the laws and such and they are on board for next year.

Scary all these paramedics out there packing isn't it....lol