Thread: Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

i wonder if this will get national media attention beyond Drudge.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Gun Carrying Man Ends Stabbing Spree At Salt Lake City Grocery Store

Not many of these stories get much publicity so I figured I would share with you guys!

It could have been so much worse...

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/stor...AIt_52E3g.cspx

Well, looks like we posted that at the same time!

This is exactly the kind of story that needs to get mainstream. The situation was ended by a law-abiding citizen who simply presented his gun. No shot was fired and the violence was stopped. This is why we need to work on eliminating GFZs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Not many of these stories get much publicity so I figured I would share with you guys!

It could have been so much worse...

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/stor...AIt_52E3g.cspx
    If the national media reported these instances with the same enthusiasm they report the bad instances there wouldn't be any anti gun movement to speak of.

This is old news, folks. It happened back in April, and was posted and discussed in April/May. However, your observation that it should have received national media coverage back then is spot-on! The media wouldn't want to give people the impression that a LAC with a handgun, actually stopped a violent assault. Not when there are so many more bad gun tales to tell.

Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 07-28-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: typo
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Banned
    What really have been sweet would have been the hot chick saying "well, I'm going to get a gun now that I see its wise to have one"...

At least the guy averted a stolen knife charge (he bought it 10 sec before he started stabbing folks -- a crazy man who won't be a thief)

The suspect sounds like he needs mental health care.

I hope everyone recovers.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-28-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Banned
    well, the knife has a 30 day warranty ... just trying to get his money's worth.

Really, the guy was a loon. Sweet that a regular joe stopped him .. where were the police? That's right, 30 minutes away.

how many minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    well, the knife has a 30 day warranty ... just trying to get his money's worth.

Really, the guy was a loon. Sweet that a regular joe stopped him .. where were the police? That's right, 30 minutes away.
    I
    As I read this I did not read the police response time. what is with the cop hate? second thought...do you really want that many of them that they are everywhere all the time?

Happened back in late April. Click on the More link at the bottom left of the OP linked story.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Howdy Folks!
    Actually this is an old story that somebody evidently reported as if it happened this week. It is more like several months old.
    The OP isn't to be faulted, because he likely saw this for the first time and the link gives appearance of a new story.
    Whoever originally created that link is posting an old story as if it is brand new.

I will try to find info to learn when the actual incident took place.
    Found it as far back as April 27th. It may be older, but I am uncertain of that.

Still, it bears repeating; a gun owner stopped a stabbing spree.
    All of that being said, it is still worth noting that an armed citizen interceded to save lives.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 07-30-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!
    Actually this is an old story that somebody evidently reported as if it happened this week. It is more like several months old.
    The OP isn't to be faulted, because he likely saw this for the first time and the link gives appearance of a new story.
    Whoever originally created that link is posting an old story as if it is brand new.

I will try to find info to learn when the actual incident took place.
    Found it as far back as April 27th. It may be older, but I am uncertain of that.

Still, it bears repeating; a gun owner stopped a stabbing spree.
    All of that being said, it is still worth noting that an armed citizen interceded to save lives.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Happened Thursday, April 26th and was reported on OCDO previously - can't find the thread though.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.